Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If everyone was fit, where would we be?

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Ridiculous thread. IF we had Ronaldo and messi we would be top. If we had beat palace we would be in the prem. IF my sister was a man he be my brother. We have injuries and we playing badly so we are where we are!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Your injury list really isn't that high, it's just the fact it's all your strikers who are injured which is pretty cruel luck. Your squad, injury free is definitely far stronger than 15th place but how many other teams are bemoaning injuries at present? I know we are also.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Your injury list really isn't that high, it's just the fact it's all your strikers who are injured which is pretty cruel luck. Your squad, injury free is definitely far stronger than 15th place but how many other teams are bemoaning injuries at present? I know we are also.

Erm, at least 4 of our starting XI have hardly played a game this season

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not sure about this...

QPR
Reading
Bolton
Leicester
Forest
Wigan
Watford
Blackpool

Are probably all above us in terms of quality and/or depth.

Bolton, Wigan and Blackpool... You can't be serious. On paper we're better than all of them, we even beat Bolton with one hand tied behind our back.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bolton, Wigan and Blackpool... You can't be serious. On paper we're better than all of them, we even beat Bolton with one hand tied behind our back.

We beat Bolton but ignoring results I reckon their squad "looks" pretty impressive and in top 6 (Manager?)

I wouldn't have put Burnleys up there and neither Vokes or Ings have done much before this season (Manager?)

We might have beaten Bolton with one hand behind our back but we're beaten by a Sheff team that "on paper" look like they'd struggling in L1

Funny game, but you can argue anything in theory with some evidence

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Precisely, every club has it's injuries, not sure Brighton's are any worse than anyone elses...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ridiculous thread. IF we had Ronaldo and messi we would be top. If we had beat palace we would be in the prem. IF my sister was a man he be my brother. We have injuries and we playing badly so we are where we are!

Well, not really. There is the hope that all of the players will be back training soon (apart from Hoskins) - so this is a realistic scenario to aim for. Whereas, there is NO chance that we would get Ronaldo or Messi to play for the Albion, and I'm presuming that your sister has no great hankering for a sex-change, so that's probably a non-starter too.

In answer to the original question, I think the SQUAD is stronger than last season, so I would say top six.

Stating the obvious, but Leo has been, by far, the biggest miss - through his suspension and now the injury. With his goals alone, we'd be a lot further up the table.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Precisely, every club has it's injuries, not sure Brighton's are any worse than anyone elses...

They're worse in that we will be missing our 2 best players until the end of November.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We beat Bolton but ignoring results I reckon their squad "looks" pretty impressive and in top 6 (Manager?)

I wouldn't have put Burnleys up there and neither Vokes or Ings have done much before this season (Manager?)

We might have beaten Bolton with one hand behind our back but we're beaten by a Sheff team that "on paper" look like they'd struggling in L1

Funny game, but you can argue anything in theory with some evidence

Did u leave the SW game early?

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Well, not really. There is the hope that all of the players will be back training soon (apart from Hoskins) - so this is a realistic scenario to aim for. Whereas, there is NO chance that we would get Ronaldo or Messi to play for the Albion, and I'm presuming that your sister has no great hankering for a sex-change, so that's probably a non-starter too.

In answer to the original question, I think the SQUAD is stronger than last season, so I would say top six.

Stating the obvious, but Leo has been, by far, the biggest miss - through his suspension and now the injury. With his goals alone, we'd be a lot further up the table.

I think you missed the point duck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here