Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If England fail to qualify...

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
if we fail to qualify woy should go.England are no great shakes but this is a piss poor group.Bearing in mind he has already had one "free go" at euro2012 failure to even qualify for Brazil would mean he has had two tournaments with a very poor return.i think he is a decent man and would resign if we fail in this campaign.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Only one man for this job......

A former Manchester United apprentice as a winger, his playing career involved brief spells with Bolton Wanderers, Luton Town and Leyton Orient, before he retired prematurely due to injury.

He has managed Dunstable Town, Bedford Town, Maidstone United, Southend United, Barnet, Birmingham City and Peterborough United.

Legend
Would make the press conferences more interesting I guess.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

A former Manchester United apprentice as a winger, his playing career involved brief spells with Bolton Wanderers, Luton Town and Leyton Orient, before he retired prematurely due to injury.

He has managed Dunstable Town, Bedford Town, Maidstone United, Southend United, Barnet, Birmingham City and Peterborough United.

Legend

Press conferences would be fun

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
English candidates with any sort of top level pedigree aren't exactly growing on trees at the moment. Might as well take a chance on Gary Neville who is thin on managerial experience but has enough international experience as a player and coaching ability with Ingerland to do a job. He might just 'connect' with the players too.

Otherwise the rather depressing thought is that people like Big Sam and even Adkins could come into the frame, none of who have any sort of international experience or let alone play the sort of football to frighten the world elite:eek:. I can see Hoddle or Venables being asked to fill in, both were talented but have been out of management for years and have baggage. So Neville it is.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Gary Neville would be a good choice, lack of experience may count against him - but he is clever, knows a lot of the players already and is pretty well respected.

Should have probably got the England U21 job anyway.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nigel Clough - to make up for his dad never getting it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Legend

How WIIIIIIIDE is Barry Fry :bowdown:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd get Fergie to manage us. He said the only reason he wouldn't is the thought of leading us out at Hampden Park, but that's such a rare fixture I'd just put it in his contract that someone else would take over for such a game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reading bits of Redknapp's book in the newspapers this week has only further strengthened my belief that the FA shouldn't ever touch him with a bargepole.

Vain, self-important, bitter, deluded man.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
if we fail to qualify woy should go.England are no great shakes but this is a piss poor group.Bearing in mind he has already had one "free go" at euro2012 failure to even qualify for Brazil would mean he has had two tournaments with a very poor return.i think he is a decent man and would resign if we fail in this campaign.

We went out on penalties to the eventual finalists, I wouldn't call that a failure from a manager given a couple of months to prepare.

I don't think he should go if we go out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here