Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Ashley Barnes...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Seeing him and El-Abd again on that 'High Hopes' video they played at the awards made me very sad, if only they could have stayed. I would love it if he scored the goal that helped us make 6th.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, my sources tell me that you are quite wrong, and he very much cares.

Indeed he does.

And regardless of what he thinks about Albion fans, and I genuinely have no idea how he does feel, he will have a lot of good mates in the Albion squad and he will want to help them out if he can.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think people can dislike Barnes for various things but I don't think you can ever accuse him of not trying his hardest in every match he played.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he had a couple of years left on his contract - then yes. But since he refused new contracts, the better decision was to cash in and not risk him "doing a Murray".

Besides, if he does get a couple and defeat Reading, it all ends well in the end !!

Again, why did he refuse the new contract? Should we have offered him a better one? We can't judge without knowing the figures.

Barnes, Gus, etc etc...zzzzzz. Isn't there much more interesting stuff going on at our own club?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would ruddy love it if he scored for Burnley, we went up via the play-offs and then BOUGHT HIM BACK. :cheers:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Barnes, Gus, etc etc...zzzzzz. Isn't there much more interesting stuff going on at our own club?

Yes, well done. Afterall, who cares about Ashley Barnes' state of mind and form. He's only playing against our only rival for the final play-off spot.

Muppet.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
How hard will Barnes try tomorrow? It's the biggest issue of the weekend because i can't imagine any of his teammates will be giving 110%. Barnes is the key and my instincts tell me he couldn't care less.

THIS is potentially the crux of it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How hard will Barnes try tomorrow? It's the biggest issue of the weekend because i can't imagine any of his teammates will be giving 110%. Barnes is the key and my instincts tell me he couldn't care less.

And my instinct tells me he'll care a whole lot more than many of our players will.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I loved AB when he was here, and part of me wishes he'd stuck around, but that's football.

However, legend status for helping us get into the play-offs? Nah. To be successful in getting to the Premier League, there are another three games, over which he will have absolutely no influence. A legend is more likely to be the person that scores the winner at Wembley. Imagine if it was Kemy, Spanish Dave, or Andrews? This place would be hilarious. :lol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

So the game is live on sky in front of potentially a huge audience and the Burnley squad are all wondering if they'll get discarded as the club prepare for the Premiership and you don't think Barnes or his team mates will be bothered?

Really?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Barnes is the key and my instincts tell me he couldn't care less.

Did you ever see him play ?

Barnes is absolutely passionate about everything, what colour socks he puts on in the morning, how long it takes him to get to the papershop, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING :angry::angry::angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here