Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'd take Tim Sherwood

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I didn't say it made a difference did I??? I'm just saying i can't see any good reason to be anti him as he has no track record to go on. Same as I don't see any reason to jump through hoops over a man who knows noting of the championship. Either appointment in my view is a gamble.

Let's face it, any managerial appointment is a gamble of some kind. That's why good managers aren't always successful at every club they go to – lots of factors have to come together: budget, support from the chairman, the right players, managerial team, medical team, fans, experience, strength in depth to cope with injuries etc etc

Who could we possibly appoint who wouldn't be at least some kind of gamble?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Has Sherwood attracted interest from any other clubs as a manager, or is it just us? An inexperienced manager worries me, but Sherwood han't even been an assistant. There is no obvious reason why we should appoint him. I'd rather have Curbishley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was considered that way when he played for Chelsea!

By whom? Scored the scissor kick goal, as well as many others from midfield, was the voice-piece for Ramos when at Spurs, well respected by many. I think most were delighted when he became our manager.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Don't get me wrong as a manager he has been top quality and I am very sad to see him go. Doesn't for a minute mean I liked his personality. Like ferguson best manager ever, as a person though, bit of a tosser don't you think?

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Don't get me wrong as a manager he has been top quality and I am very sad to see him go. Doesn't for a minute mean I liked his personality. Like ferguson best manager ever, as a person though, bit of a tosser don't you think?

For sure, total tosser.. Fergie a big mouth and says what he likes, but he never slags of man united!

Poyet the same, but he slags his own club off.. Comments he made after semi's were disgusting and disrespectful, we was all upset and he kicked us down more !

Remember he said after semi: he needs to think of himself, WTF

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For sure, total tosser.. Fergie a big mouth and says what he likes, but he never slags of man united!

Poyet the same, but he slags his own club off.. Comments he made after semi's were disgusting and disrespectful, we was all upset and he kicked us down more !

Remember he said after semi: he needs to think of himself, WTF

This. The equivalent would be Fergie losing the title to City and saying, "I have to put myself first, we have hit a ceiling, can't get back above City, my budget is too tight." Instead he won the title back!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Has Sherwood attracted interest from any other clubs as a manager, or is it just us? An inexperienced manager worries me, but Sherwood han't even been an assistant. There is no obvious reason why we should appoint him. I'd rather have Curbishley.

Blackburn were said to have offered him their job but he backed out, leading to assumptions that he'd been offered something else. But some say Levy didn't want him to leave Tottenham. And you'd have to be mad to work for Venky's.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think Blackburn count, they've changed manager so often they must have considered everybody at least once.

nick65

Jun 9, 2013
New Jersey
Can't we have them both? Oscar has no experience of English football, Sherwood does, the perfect combination.
Will never happen though.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I'm with Mark, we need someone like Gary Megson or Steve Kean, they've both got premiership and championship experience and would be excellent appointments.
i disagree dont want steve kean or gary megson they would both make us play hoof ball from watching there sides who they have managed before

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here