Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'd take Tim Sherwood

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Strange that people say no thanks to a man who has been around the English game all his life and won a prem title. Yet they wet there knickers over a guy with zero experience in this country and a league like the championship.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Strange that people say no thanks to a man who has been around the English game all his life and won a prem title. Yet they wet there knickers over a guy with zero experience in this country and a league like the championship.

You think it's strange? You just can't seem to cope that others may have a different viewpoint from yourself.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Poyet hadn't managed before us. Surely someone who has played in this league would have more chance doing well than someone who probably didn't know it existed 3 years ago?

Sherwood has not only played in this league but also won it, with Portsmouth in 2003.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm completely underwhelmed by all English managers.
That said as Sherwood isn't a manager (yet) I don't tar him with the same brush.
I don't see him lacking the same skill sets as the likes of Redknapp, Warnock et al, 'good old up and at them English managers'.

But until our Spanish experiment fails, why change it.
I loved Gus, I love our style of play (to a point), I love the players we've bought in.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE WHY FIX IT?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You think it's strange? You just can't seem to cope that others may have a different viewpoint from yourself.

I can cope with anyone's point of view. I'm just pointing out that Oscar is just a much of a gamble as Sherwood would be, that's all. But just because he is Spanish some people think he must be fantastic and he might well be. But it's still a gamble appointing a foreign manager, he might not even settle for starters. Not to mention the wife missing her friends etc etc etc.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Strange that people say no thanks to a man who has been around the English game all his life and won a prem title.

What difference does it make what he won as a player?

If we're going down that route, OGJ won two UEFA Super Cups, the UEFA Cup-Winners Cup, 4 Spanish League titles, 2 Spanish Cups and 3 Spanish Supercups.

:shrug:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm completely underwhelmed by all English managers.
That said as Sherwood isn't a manager (yet) I don't tar him with the same brush.
I don't see him lacking the same skill sets as the likes of Redknapp, Warnock et al, 'good old up and at them English managers'.

But until our Spanish experiment fails, why change it.
I loved Gus, I love our style of play (to a point), I love the players we've bought in.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE WHY FIX IT?

In general terms I think I'd agree with that

OGJ appears to be an almost perfect fit for where the club is now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

If we're going down that route, OGJ won two UEFA Super Cups, the UEFA Cup-Winners Cup, 4 Spanish League titles, 2 Spanish Cups and 3 Spanish Supercups.

I didn't say it made a difference did I??? I'm just saying i can't see any good reason to be anti him as he has no track record to go on. Same as I don't see any reason to jump through hoops over a man who knows noting of the championship. Either appointment in my view is a gamble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If we're going down that route, OGJ won the UEFA Super Cup, the UEFA Cup-Winners Cup, 4 Spanish League titles, 2 Spanish Cups and 2 Spanish Supercups.

not forgetting Ligat ha-Al winners.

Yeah but what has he ever done for us?

Parochial Englander bitten by his blinkered CV...

...again.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

This may be a stupid question, but have you ever watched a Harry Redknapp team? The Di Canio-Berkovic West Ham side? The Spurs team that reached the Champions League? He has many, many faults but being an 'up and at them' manager isn't one of them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

But has never experienced a rainy night at Millwall or Leicester. Unlike Sherwood.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Being a good coach is only part of being a good manager, being a good man-manager is (IMHO) more important.
TS is totally unproven here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This may be a stupid question, but have you ever watched a Harry Redknapp team? The Di Canio-Berkovic West Ham side? The Spurs team that reached the Champions League? He has many, many faults but being an 'up and at them' manager isn't one of them.
That's fair enough, I take that comment on board.

Perhaps Redknapp is the first cousin of the traditional English managers, who appear to be tactical pygmies working with, and encouraging, less than skillful players, playing 'ard.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I've got nothing against Sherwood. He may make a good manager, but I'd be seriously underwhelmed if it was him.

My thoughts exactly. After all the shit we've put up with over the last month i want something a little more exciting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here