[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completely OTT. Which other leisure venue is asking for photo ID to prove identity? I'll have my season ticket on my phone, I'll have my credit/debit cards (all accepted by the post office to sign for things), a utility bill. The club have tons of data on me as it is. As I believe someone said before we are attending a football match not breaking into Fort Knox.

Don't get me wrong I'll take my passport but it does not mean I have to like it.

At mass attendance events such as football matches.

In Feb/Mar 20 the Cheltenham Festival and some CL games were later seen as super spreader events.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At mass attendance events such as football matches.

In Feb/Mar 20 the Cheltenham Festival and some CL games were later seen as super spreader events.

Not quite what the poster was asking though ..for example at the recent cricket one dayers or Silverstone ..were they requiring the same? (I don’t know)

Yoda

English & European
You've made all that up.

1) A vaccinated person will still be infectious if they get covid
2) A vaccinated person who has covid does not pass on a weaker version of the virus
3) Even if 99% of people in the UK got vaccinated, it would not eradicate the virus - it will be around forever regardless.

Not completely made it. Even Chris Whitty or JVT at the briefing on the 19th said that a vaccinated person is 50% less likely to be infectious if they catch Covid, plus a vaccinated person is also 50% less likely to be infected with Covid if they come into contact with an infected person, thereby reducing the chance of spread down to 25% between fully vaccinated people.

Yes it will still be around regardless, but at a much reduced rate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At least we don't have to wear masks in our seats. I am not anti mask but as a wearer of glasses it is a bloody nightmare.

It may’ve been alright for Millwall’s Treatment, but I wouldn’t go if it was mandatory face mask wearing at games.

OK for a supermarket visit, or occasional transport journey, but it’s uncomfortable imho not being able to simply take in or expel air as normal.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Right… have I got this right?
Season ticket and upto date Covid pass on phone [emoji736]
Driving license in wallet [emoji736]
Am I good to go?

No, you have not mentioned about charging your phone

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pot kettle

Enjoy your travelling . It must be dreadful for you

You just don’t get it, do you. People like you moan by default. I have read pages and pages of it and only mentioned my drive to explain my relaxation about all the changes, because in context they are trivial. We travel because we enjoy it. No other reason. Not super fans by any stretch and we certainly don’t feel entitled to anything, unlike others who, for example, want to share ST to their own set of rules. The football is a series of weekend breaks and definitely not a hardship.You by contrast mention that you prefer golf in just about every critical post you make about the club. Up to you of course but there is no need to project your misery on to me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So how many people will still be stuck outside when the match starts because the checks take so long?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hopefully not many, get there early, savour the atmosphere, It’s been a while for me..

Games 1-3, absolutely. Beyond that, especially with no in ground entertainment on the screens? Can see people pushing it later and later.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So how many people will still be stuck outside when the match starts because the checks take so long?

Hopefully the club will learn a bit about this at the Getafe game, given more stewards required for these extra requirements the price is a season ticket will rocket in future years

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just a word of warning, driving licence applications are taking uptk 10 weeks to be proceased at the moment.

Does anyone know if I can take a photograph of my licence on my phone and use that as id or do you have to show the original licence? Need to send off mine for my HGV that is expiring.

I understood the club accept virtually any form of photo ID. Anyone struggling could just take a passport pic and completed form into a railway station and get a railcard (or do it by post). They make them up on the spot.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I really don’t get why it is confusing? Bring photo ID with you, unless you’re a kid. Simple. If for some reason you are in the tiny % that don’t have a driving licence, passport, work photo ID, bus pass, rail card or similar then call supporter services :shrug:

Also, I’m expecting further comms anyway, clarifying requirements for PL games as these are finalised……..

It’s not confusing for me but just look at posts 6 and 10 and you may understand the point I was making about some being confused, there are others but I’m not going through the whole thread again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not quite what the poster was asking though ..for example at the recent cricket one dayers or Silverstone ..were they requiring the same? (I don’t know)

Bloom & Barber are driving this, well ahead of the law and football norm.

Suggest emailed questions to them, as to exactly why.

Chatter/rows on nsc lets off steam, but doesn’t give the definitive answer in Bloom’s mind.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Opne Golf was a ‘test event’ with 75% capacity - there were no ID checks, Covid pass was very loosely checked on entry (easy to get round this using a screenshot of someone else’s result) , entrance ticket was on phone through an app (had to be)…….

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's the first I've heard of needing ID. There's no mention of it in the email I got containing my season ticket, nor the one about direct debits and there's no mention of it on ticket information on the club website

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2198922/first-three-home-games-now-on-sale

I know that we may have to show proof of vaccination (although that hasn't been confirmed yet) but what's that got to do with driving licences?

No need to - club comms are, as expected, pretty clear

What am I missing then from this post from Gwylan?

My point- some seem confused, is this poster confused or am I missing something?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I understood the club accept virtually any form of photo ID. Anyone struggling could just take a passport pic and completed form into a railway station and get a railcard (or do it by post). They make them up on the spot.

Is that confirmed anywhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports