[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Exactly. How many people are going to give someone else their phone to use to get into a game? I still can't get my head around why tickets delivered an individual phone isn't enough ID

They've not even announced this policy. If it is announced im really not sure its an issue? Nothing on this thread has given me reason to feel that its over the top or an issue for anyone to prove your identity/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is complicated but that's because so many forms ask for full name and automatically accept the first name as the one to use. My passport uses my full name as that's the one on my birth certificate and my driving licence uses passport data. But when filling in most forms, I just use my middle name.

I'm scarcely weird for doing this; many people use their middle name rather than their first (including the current prime minister and three other prime ministers in my lifetime).

It's something that's easily solved by adding an additional field to forms asking which name is preferred (some forms do this) it's an absolute pain otherwise.

I hope they just look at the photo and that's enough but I've had run-ins before when even photo ID was enough to overturn the issue of the name discrepancy.

My husband is exactly the same, using his middle name. His family still call him by his first name, and I have to remember to say it in an official capacity, ie getting repeat prescriptions, or when he was in hospital.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly. How many people are going to give someone else their phone to use to get into a game? I still can't get my head around why tickets delivered an individual phone isn't enough ID

At the moment, I'm trying to buy a Watford ticket for my grandson (17). He is on my Friends & Family, I know his mobile number and email address, but cannot see how to get the ticket sent to him.
He doesn't live in Sussex so I'm only likely to buy a couple of tickets for him in a season, so I'm not going to buy a membership for him. I cannot even see how to print at home, now.
I'm waiting for the club to ring me back.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
At the moment, I'm trying to buy a Watford ticket for my grandson (17). He is on my Friends & Family, I know his mobile number and email address, but cannot see how to get the ticket sent to him.
He doesn't live in Sussex so I'm only likely to buy a couple of tickets for him in a season, so I'm not going to buy a membership for him. I cannot even see how to print at home, now.
I'm waiting for the club to ring me back.

I just bought a ticket this morning and in the "fulfilment" screen it gives (the sole) option of mobile ticket then there is a drop down menu which includes your email address and every email address of those on your friends and family list. Get it emailed to yourself then forward it on to him.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They've not even announced this policy. If it is announced im really not sure its an issue? Nothing on this thread has given me reason to feel that its over the top or an issue for anyone to prove your identity/

Having bought a ticket this morning for one of the early season matches the process does say you need to bring photo ID that matches the name on the ticket. So the club have put this policy in place already. Like you I don't see it as an issue for the vast majority of people.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I just bought a ticket this morning and in the "fulfilment" screen it gives (the sole) option of mobile ticket then there is a drop down menu which includes your email address and every email address of those on your friends and family list. Get it emailed to yourself then forward it on to him.

Someone in my friends and family group bought us both Getafe tickets, and mine was emailed to me directly from the club email account, so I guess there must be an option to do that?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Having bought a ticket this morning for one of the early season matches the process does say you need to bring photo ID that matches the name on the ticket. So the club have put this policy in place already. Like you I don't see it as an issue for the vast majority of people.

Yep. Still no idea what the issue is for the minority.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Someone in my friends and family group bought us both Getafe tickets, and mine was emailed to me directly from the club email account, so I guess there must be an option to do that?

Yep that is the fulfilment screen, all the emails of friends and family are listed to the buyer in the drop down menu.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

As I said earlier, it is an issue for me because my photo ID is in a different name (looks like Thunder Bolt's husband has the same issue). I guess I'm going to have ring the club (and I still think it's strange that they've not mentioned this to season ticket holders)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As I said earlier, it is an issue for me because my photo ID is in a different name (looks like Thunder Bolt's husband has the same issue). I guess I'm going to have ring the club (and I still think it's strange that they've not mentioned this to season ticket holders)

As I understand it, the club will be publishing details today that cover all aspects of what will be required to gain stadium access for home matches. Might be worth holding off phoning until the details are announced, just to save yourself the time and trouble.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thanks, I've done that but haven't added his email address to his fan number.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As I understand it, the club will be publishing details today that cover all aspects of what will be required to gain stadium access for home matches. Might be worth holding off phoning until the details are announced, just to save yourself the time and trouble.

:thumbsup:

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Is it a ball ache though or is the moaning the ball ache ? Just go with the flow and a day at the football hasn’t actually changed. We have a 9 hour round trip for home matches and some people are moaning about trivia like tickets on phones, ID and Covid passports. It’s just a bit of admin. Probably comes down to how much people really want to watch the Albion.
I probably am having a moan to be fair, but the fact remains, I've had a season ticket every year since 1983 and it just isn't as easy to go and watch a football match anymore !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I probably am having a moan to be fair, but the fact remains, I've had a season ticket every year since 1983 and it just isn't as easy to go and watch a football match anymore !

May not be as easy as it was, but it really isn’t difficult either. Worst case it’s :

-ST in google wallet
-covid cert on NHS app or pdf/letter
-driving licence in pocket

So…all I need to remember is to take my phone, where I keep my driving licence photocard and contactless debit card. :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is it a ball ache though or is the moaning the ball ache ? Just go with the flow and a day at the football hasn’t actually changed. We have a 9 hour round trip for home matches and some people are moaning about trivia like tickets on phones, ID and Covid passports. It’s just a bit of admin. Probably comes down to how much people really want to watch the Albion.

To be honest you sound a bit needy!

Who gives a monkeys how far you travel…does that make you some sort of hero of the albion?

Oooh look at me I travel 9 hours …so what? There are people on here and who I stand next to who travel from darkest Wiltshire every week…they wouldn’t dream of pulling the “ look at me” card.

At the end of the day, some people and yes I was one of them, would always give my season ticket away to family or mates ( and only them) so they can watch and two of them so enjoyed the experience they joined the waiting list and got ST for themselves and family members. As it’s now a ball ache that won’t happen. Fine. The club don’t give a toss as I have already paid for the ticket and yes, a pie and a pint in a drop in the ocean to our catering budget.

Anyway, have a safe journey for the Watford game. I am not that chuffed about being crammed on to a park and ride bus from mill hill but seemly according to the liar in number 10, we are all safe now

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Who gives a monkeys how far you travel…does that make you some sort of hero of the albion?

Oooh look at me I travel 9 hours …so what? There are people on here and who I stand next to who travel from darkest Wiltshire every week…they wouldn’t dream of pulling the “ look at me” card.

At the end of the day, some people and yes I was one of them, would always give my season ticket away to family or mates ( and only them) so they can watch and two of them so enjoyed the experience they joined the waiting list and got ST for themselves and family members. As it’s now a ball ache that won’t happen. Fine. The club don’t give a toss as I have already paid for the ticket and yes, a pie and a pint in a drop in the ocean to our catering budget.

Anyway, have a safe journey for the Watford game. I am not that chuffed about being crammed on to a park and ride bus from mill hill but seemly according to the liar in number 10, we are all safe now

I’m sick and tired of super fans banging on about their drives from Wiltshire or Faversham.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I really can’t be bothered to interact with miserable sods like you. Enjoy your golf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports