[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You have had to scan something (a card, a bar code and now a phone ) to get into the Amex for a decade. And there have been physical body and bag checks since we’ve been in the EPL. And occasional photo ID checks (selhurst away etc)
It’s pretty standard for entertainment venues now - Of all sizes - Kenilworth Road on Saturday had phone (wallet and QR code) entry for example.
I’m sure there will be the odd teething problem and people will have lost phones /out of power / not working etc - just as with “normal” tickets but
The idea that it will be “carnage” as one fan site out there predicted or warnings on here to get there hours early or a unique Albion /Barber innovation is perhaps pushing it a tad.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I’m going to go to Cambridge Utd this Saturday (league 1). Bought tickets online, will collect from club shop before game and that’s it. Added bonus is my kids get in for £5 each.

Have you ever been to see Cambridge City?

I lived in Cambridge for a year back in 1988-89 when I did my university industrial year at Philips Scientific. Went to see United a few times but also paid at least one visit to Milton Road.

Oh, just looked on wikipedia and see that the ground was sold years ago and they are ground-sharing out of town.

Don't forget to report back on Jensen Weir (on loan at the U's for the season).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Have you ever been to see Cambridge City?

I lived in Cambridge for a year back in 1988-89 when I did my university industrial year at Philips Scientific. Went to see United a few times but also paid at least one visit to Milton Road.

Oh, just looked on wikipedia and see that the ground was sold years ago and they are ground-sharing out of town.

Don't forget to report back on Jensen Weir (on loan at the U's for the season).

Yes - I’m only about 30 mins away so go quite frequently plus it’s a decent club trying to do things the right way. Def. report back on Jensen Weir for you - thanks for the tip, didn’t know we had a loanee there

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m going to go to Cambridge Utd this Saturday (league 1). Bought tickets online, will collect from club shop before game and that’s it. Added bonus is my kids get in for £5 each.

I’m hopefully going to watch a few more non league games this season, still got my Albion season ticket but won’t be bothering with away games from now on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out of interest, is anywhere accepting bus passes as ID (apart from buses, obviously)? Before I had to compulsorily switch to a photo driving licence when I hit 70, it was unbelievable the things you were barred from doing in this country - it always seemed ridiculous that bus passes weren't accepted; has that changed at all?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have you ever been to Newhaven’s stadium?

In the last year and a half I’ve been there more times than the Amex.

One son plays for under 18s and they play at the stadium, another son has played for u-18s, u -21s and now with u -23s, I have watched their games when I could.
I occasionally watch the first team if it doesn’t clash with an Albion match.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

One son plays for under 18s and they play at the stadium, another son has played for u-18s, u -21s and now with u -23s, I have watched their games when I could.

I went there once in about 1977 to see the derby v Peacehaven. We watched Sussex League games when the Albion weren’t playing in SE England.

Newhaven’s team had been poor for many years, but their ground (like Haywards Heath’s) was better than that …. from better times past.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went there once in about 1977 to see the derby v Peacehaven. We watched Sussex League games when the Albion weren’t playing in SE England.

Newhaven’s team had been poor for many years, but their ground (like Haywards Heath’s) was better than that …. from better times past.

The club have been improving the ground for several years now, including seats from Withdean.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Camberley in the FA Cup Saturday isn't it?

My 3 football dreams as a kid

England win the World Cup
Brighton win the FA Cup
Newhaven reach the 1st Round proper

Still dreaming

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Camberley in the FA Cup Saturday isn't it?

My 3 football dreams as a kid

England win the World Cup
Brighton win the FA Cup
Newhaven reach the 1st Round proper

Still dreaming

:) Never stop dreaming.

I do believe they are playing in the FA Cup this Saturday and I’m hoping to go ( if definitely on ) the Newhaven FC website doesn’t seem to have any fixtures for games this season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The game is at 17:30 and we are going away the next day starting really early . Unfortunately with the absolute hassle of passing the “ticket” on, I won’t be doing so. I may go or may not…not sure yet. If I could have passed my ticket on, my BIL would have had a beer, probably a pie at that time. They will miss out on that…ah well.

It’s ridiculous that you can’t just pass tickets on like almost every other club from what I understand. I’m hoping the ID thing etc is all for show post covid and will die off. If the club have any sense it will. But pls try go to the game you’ll be back by 8 :thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s ridiculous that you can’t just pass tickets on like almost every other club from what I understand. I’m hoping the ID thing etc is all for show post covid and will die off. If the club have any sense it will. But pls try go to the game you’ll be back by 8 :thumbsup:

Is it really that much of an issue to show your driving license on the way in to the ground ? I honestly couldn’t care less as will be too busy anticipating taking my seat for the first time since Palace last February/March.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is it really that much of an issue to show your driving license on the way in to the ground ? I honestly couldn’t care less as will be too busy anticipating taking my seat for the first time since Palace last February/March.

Nope not an issue at all - where have I said showing my driving license at the ground is an issue? I said being able to pass on tickets like usual and like every other club is a bit of an issue. Having to put £45 to do it for the odd game I can’t make is an issue - so my mum can go with my dad - is that really so much of an issue for you that I’ve got an issue with that change?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nope not an issue at all - where have I said showing my driving license at the ground is an issue? I said being able to pass on tickets like usual and like every other club is a bit of an issue. Having to put £45 to do it for the odd game I can’t make is an issue - so my mum can go with my dad - is that really so much of an issue for you that I’ve got an issue with that change?

No, I couldn’t care less about that either. This thread is about showing ID and you said you hoped it wouldn’t last. I just said it is completely insignificant to me. I am more than happy to show ID because it will take a couple of seconds and if that’s what it takes to get back to my seat then so be it. There has been so much moaning on NSC about various changes that I think I am just numb to it now. Looking forward to the actual footie.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, I couldn’t care less about that either. This thread is about showing ID and you said you hoped it wouldn’t last. I just said it is completely insignificant to me. I am more than happy to show ID because it will take a couple of seconds and if that’s what it takes to get back to my seat then so be it. There has been so much moaning on NSC about various changes that I think I am just numb to it now. Looking forward to the actual footie.

Very empathetic :lol:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

It's a massive issue when you don't have either a passport or a driving license

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, it really has become some sort of corporate paranoioa. "I'd like to buy a ticket for the match in three weeks time" - certainly sir/madam/he/she/it - are you a member? No? - no problem, join here - name, date of birth, address (with proof of residency), photo ID, your bank or credit card details, you have got a smart phone haven't you sir/madam/he/she/it? OK, that's all fine ...... but wait a minute, you want to buy two tickets? One for you, one for a friend? - just like that, a friend? Could be anyone - a terrorist? - a Palace fan? - a foreigner? even a fvckin' Jehoval's boody witness! - and you think we're just going to let them in because they're your friend? Geez - what kind of medieval society do you think we're living in? :facepalm:

Are you sure you're the right sort of person to watch a PL football match in the 21st. century, sir/madam/he/she/it?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If a stranger approached you in the street and asked for your ID we would all say and rightly so F off. Stewards are strangers I don’t know them why the feck would I show my ID to some uni student earning a few extra quid? invasion of privacy on a massive scale. Barber taking the absolute piss if you ask me and the question would it happen in league 1 would it bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports