Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its not fake news.

I went to the club shop last week, and there were signs up around the stadium giving the 3 steps for entry. Something like 'download ticket, have the barcode ready on the screen, have ID ready'.

Whether everyone's ID actually gets checked remains to be seen. More likely to be spot checks, especially if queues are building I'd have thought, but who knows.

Does seem like the club need to issue a clear concise statement of what you need to provide and what you don't need to provide. And then to get that statement out there. Still plenty of time before the game for them not to up-fvck on the day

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Over the years the club has got most things spot on. I’m sure this will be no different going into the new season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Over the years the club has got most things spot on. I’m sure this will be no different going into the new season.

This is an entirely new ball game, as it were, to previous years. Bound to be some entirely understandable blind spots that hopefully can be ironed out going into the new season. Saturday's friendly should prove to be a valuable exercise in that respect

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Does seem like the club need to issue a clear concise statement of what you need to provide and what you don't need to provide. And then to get that statement out there. Still plenty of time before the game for them not to up-fvck on the day

I might treat the Watford game like a 3pm ko. Just in case, like.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For the Man City game the ticket was on your phone and you needed to show ID. OK, only around 8,000 people, but it seemed to work perfectly well.

Only in the North Stand.

Everywhere else had the option to get a print at home ticket. As usual they were very hit and miss. Two of our four person party had to get reprints as they didn't scan.

So IF the phone tickets scan properly they will be a lot more efficient than a print at home ticket with a 50% failure rate,

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's the first I've heard of needing ID. There's no mention of it in the email I got containing my season ticket, nor the one about direct debits and there's no mention of it on ticket information on the club website

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2198922/first-three-home-games-now-on-sale

I know that we may have to show proof of vaccination (although that hasn't been confirmed yet) but what's that got to do with driving licences?

Fairly sure that for the Man City match (3-2 :albion2:) photo ID was needed…….. and I am aware not everyone would have been there.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
A lot of anxiety around every aspect on actually getting into the ground. Actually think its quite normal.

Will be funny hearing some of the drama's encountered after Watford by the cockiest of commenters on here,.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fairly sure that for the Man City match (3-2 :albion2:) photo ID was needed…….. and I am aware not everyone would have been there.

Yes. And the steward at west upper didn't look at mine when I proffered it, so I recall, but it was a verly long time ago now and a great deal of water has passed through the eye of a camel with a needle.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes. And the steward at west upper didn't look at mine when I proffered it, so I recall, but it was a verly long time ago now and a great deal of water has passed through the eye of a camel with a needle.

That sounds like cruelty to camels.

And I don’t think the steward on West Upper looked at my ID either, but I think he recognised me anyway,…… which is not the point though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That sounds like cruelty to camels.

And I don’t think the steward on West Upper looked at my ID either, but I think he recognised me anyway,…… which is not the point though.

Indeed. Some of us are easily recognisable, even when wearing a mask.

mask.PNG

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Its not fake news.

I went to the club shop last week, and there were signs up around the stadium giving the 3 steps for entry. Something like 'download ticket, have the barcode ready on the screen, have ID ready'.

Whether everyone's ID actually gets checked remains to be seen. More likely to be spot checks, especially if queues are building I'd have thought, but who knows.

Had mixed messages here but ok thank you good to know.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Covid vaccination rules supposed to start in Sept.

But call or email the club for confirmation, they reply pretty quickly

I've had both jabs which show on my NHS app so I'm prepared for that, will carry ID in case as well.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I went to the Man City game, ticket loaded onto my phone along with a picture of my driving license. I did take my actual driving license just in case but was informed by the stewards that pictures of photo ID were acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here