[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I use face recognition to unlock my phone, so surely that should count as ID if I can unlock my phone :moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And why this sudden need for ID? It’s football match not a mortgage application.

I agree its OTT, but if the Govt are going to insist on covid checks/double-vaxers rules for large crowds, then the club simply has to have an ID process in place to work with that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I agree its OTT, but if the Govt are going to insist on covid checks/double-vaxers rules for large crowds, then the club simply has to have an ID process in place to work with that.

I get that(although it's not yet a requirement) but surely a ticket that sent to an individual's phone plus a vaccination certificate should be enough? I can't see a need for passports or driving licences.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I get that(although it's not yet a requirement) but surely a ticket that sent to an individual's phone plus a vaccination certificate should be enough? I can't see a need for passports or driving licences.

I suspect its to implement an added level to make it basically impossible for season tickets to get shared around. The club have previously turned a blind eye, but it seems to have become 'an issue' now.

Its a pity, as it can only lead to empty seats as people simply can't be arsed to jump through all the hoops.

As an aside, I have a friend who is a Watford fan who I normally source a ticket for in the WSU via my season ticket as a guest (he returns the favour for a seat in the home end at the return fixture at VR). This time, in order to sit near my group in the WSU, he'd have to have signed up as a member and pay £28 for the privilege, in addition to £42 for the ticket. A membership that would be used for 1 game. Needless to say, its not happening.

Just another barrier put up to another fan attending.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As an aside, I have a friend who is a Watford fan who I normally source a ticket for in the WSU via my season ticket as a guest...

I trust he maintains a low profile.... ???

Elton_John.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I suspect its to implement an added level to make it basically impossible for season tickets to get shared around. The club have previously turned a blind eye, but it seems to have become 'an issue' now.

But, as was pointed out earlier, the only way to share a mobile-delivered season ticket now is to lend someone your phone. And I can't see that happening in large numbers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But, as was pointed out earlier, the only way to share a mobile-delivered season ticket now is to lend someone your phone. And I can't see that happening in large numbers

Whats the point of lending the phone (as you say, unlikely) if the ticket on the phone doesn't tally with the punters ID anyway ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For the Man City game the ticket was on your phone and you needed to show ID. OK, only around 8,000 people, but it seemed to work perfectly well.

Did you? I didn’t. Just walked up to the entrance, put my phone on the reader thing and was let in. One steward asked if it was my phone…I said seriously mate!

No one asked for any ID at all.

I am Secure cleared for some government IT stuff we do at work and my ID is a police force approval one. I used it at a event where a steward was being arsey about my ticket for the event. I showed him the card and he backed off and said…”…oh sorry mate I didn’t realise you were on the force..” ….I said I am not and would it have made any difference if I would have showed you my driving license..he just walked away muttering.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did you? I didn’t. Just walked up to the entrance, put my phone on the reader thing and was let in. One steward asked if it was my phone…I said seriously mate!

No one asked for any ID at all.

I am Secure cleared for some government IT stuff we do at work and my ID is a police force approval one. I used it at a event where a steward was being arsey about my ticket for the event. I showed him the card and he backed off and said…”…oh sorry mate I didn’t realise you were on the force..” ….I said I am not and would it have made any difference if I would have showed you my driving license..he just walked away muttering.

I recall printing off my ticket and just scanning it and nothing else

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Its a pity, as it can only lead to empty seats as people simply can't be arsed to jump through all the hoops.

As an aside, I have a friend who is a Watford fan who I normally source a ticket for in the WSU via my season ticket as a guest (he returns the favour for a seat in the home end at the return fixture at VR). This time, in order to sit near my group in the WSU, he'd have to have signed up as a member and pay £28 for the privilege, in addition to £42 for the ticket. A membership that would be used for 1 game. Needless to say, its not happening.

Just another barrier put up to another fan attending.

The game is at 17:30 and we are going away the next day starting really early . Unfortunately with the absolute hassle of passing the “ticket” on, I won’t be doing so. I may go or may not…not sure yet. If I could have passed my ticket on, my BIL would have had a beer, probably a pie at that time. They will miss out on that…ah well.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The game is at 17:30 and we are going away the next day starting really early . Unfortunately with the absolute hassle of passing the “ticket” on, I won’t be doing so. I may go or may not…not sure yet. If I could have passed my ticket on, my BIL would have had a beer, probably a pie at that time. They will miss out on that…ah well.

Casting no aspersions whatsoever, how are the club to know that the lucky beer-swilling, pie-munching recipient is not a 'fan' from the banned file?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We will go to non league games mate :)

I’m going to go to Cambridge Utd this Saturday (league 1). Bought tickets online, will collect from club shop before game and that’s it. Added bonus is my kids get in for £5 each.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Casting no aspersions whatsoever, how are the club to know that the lucky beer-swilling, pie-munching recipient is not a 'fan' from the banned file?

Fair point…as a fellow 63 year old he would be flattered for your eloquent description of him.

I am not sure he has ever been banned from anything in his life.

He did stop going a few years ago after being a STH for 30 years like me, but he thought the Amex experience was not for him..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports