A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Malan gone, let the collapse commence

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
It's a shame that Fred Klaasen isn't involved in the Dutch squad for this world cup. We could have had some Sussex-born representation! (Haywards Heath born with a Dutch grandfather). He missed out due to injury.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Crazy run from Malan there. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the English changing room. I bet his equipment is flying round right now...
Not ideal that Stokes wasn't backing up at all that ball. At this point I'd rather Stokes had been run out (and then kept going straight to the hospital to have his operation).

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
178-5. England are making a right mess of this. Absolutely crazy to see the difference from the series in The Netherlands in June last year.

Michael Vaughan wrote this just half an hour ago. :facepalm:

1699440037407.png

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
178-5. England are making a right mess of this. Absolutely crazy to see the difference from the series in The Netherlands in June last year.

Michael Vaughan wrote this just half an hour ago. :facepalm:

View attachment 169366
Just goes to show he knows F all. England truly are a pile of crap right now.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Just goes to show he knows F all. England truly are a pile of crap right now.
Do you think Buttler’s batting is affecting his captaincy? Maybe he shouldn’t be asked to bat, the difference would have been marginal in this tournament anyway.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm not saying it's the fault of the northerners per se, but after a summer where southern teams dominated the Royal London Cup, Hundred and T20 Blast we've taken essentially a squad full of northerners to the world cup and they've crashed and burned

The south is just better at cricket and they need to accept that

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's a shame that Fred Klaasen isn't involved in the Dutch squad for this world cup. We could have had some Sussex-born representation! (Haywards Heath born with a Dutch grandfather). He missed out due to injury.
We had some Sussex born representation yesterday when England fielding coach Carl Hopkinson was bizarrely put up in front of the media ahead of the game instead of somebody more senior.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'm not saying it's the fault of the northerners per se, but after a summer where southern teams dominated the Royal London Cup, Hundred and T20 Blast we've taken essentially a squad full of northerners to the world cup and they've crashed and burned

The south is just better at cricket and they need to accept that
By that logic our test team should be full of Surrey players.

I cannot support this logic.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Bit of a sad ending for a great generation of English cricketers this, isn't it?
They've been so bad I've gone straight through "annoyance" and "sadness" to "hilarity".
I am slightly irritated that the players I find most annoying are the younger players who I'll have to put up with for years to come.
Yes I am talking about Sam Curran.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
By that logic our test team should be full of Surrey players.

I cannot support this logic.
Strong disagree. If they're playing for England they're not playing for Surrey, thus relegating them.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I decided to go to lots of the rugby World Cup rather than the cricket. A few I know thought I’d made the wrong decision but paying good money to watch this lot capitulate on a serial basis would certainly have been a slow and painful torture…..(some may say that about our rugby team too, tbh!)

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Strong disagree. If they're playing for England they're not playing for Surrey, thus relegating them.
I considered that and decided the prospect of Surrey still winning the championship while missing a load of England players was both too likely and too annoying to be worth the risk.

• Sad
Reactions: A1X

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here