Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] IBF Heavyweight Title: Martin Vs Joshua

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think Joshua would make short work of Tyson Fury. He's miles better, much stronger, quicker, more intelligent, the guy punches so hard that no one will be able to stand up to him. His combination of power and speed is absolutely lethal. The only one that might give him a tough time is Deonty Wilder

I remember the days when people were saying no one could stand up to Mike Tyson's punches.

Joshua reminds me of Frank Bruno, with a bit more boxing skills.

Fury, I think would outbox him and frustrate him, with the same tactics he used against Wlad.

Big, muscular fighters who have not taken their prey out inside 6 rounds, normally run out of gas- see Ali v Foreman, rumble in the jungle.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
People saying AJ is superior to Tyson at this stage are clueless about boxing in afraid. Fury is huge as a heavyweight and has tremendous movement for a man that size. Joshua would struggle to get close if they fought and would eat glove, and lots of it from the longer jab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I remember the days when people were saying no one could stand up to Mike Tyson's punches.

Fury, I think would outbox him and frustrate him, with the same tactics he used against Wlad.

Big, muscular fighters who have not taken their prey out inside 6 rounds, normally run out of gas- see Ali v Foreman, rumble in the jungle.

I think Joshua is a special talent, I don't think anyone will stop him going on to unify the division, he is way quicker and more skilled than Bruno. Fury would try to frustrate him, he'd have to, he's a bit limited and ponderous really

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

There seems to be a myth developing that Joshua is all muscle and can't box. This is basically Tyson Fury talking bollox, you don't have the amateur pedigree AJ has without being an excellent boxer.

You might want to listen to the following interview Fury did after he sparred Joshua when AJ was an amateur:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
There seems to be a myth developing that Joshua is all muscle and can't box. This is basically Tyson Fury talking bollox, you don't have the amateur pedigree AJ has without being an excellent boxer.

You might want to listen to the following interview Fury did after he sparred Joshua when AJ was an amateur:

Fury's boxing knowledge is encyclopedic but he talks tosh about AJ, as do a lot of boxers. Froch said AJ would have trouble against Martin, although he might have been hyping it for Fast Car.

The sparring stuff is all bobbins as well. Blackwell matched Eubank and Groves in sparring, and the guy Groves smashed the other night has done loads of rounds with Callum Smith.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
i hear it on good authority that AJ is being lined up to defend against.....Price

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No way, that big stiff plumber would be KO'D during the pre fight introductions by the draught as the MC turned his cards over

Have you noticed Joshua keeps name checking price in the same company as fury and haye? Why would he do that given that price has been basically forgotten ? Hmmmm.....Almost as if he's trying to big up his credentials .....and why would he do that ? Expect an announcement soon

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Have you noticed Joshua keeps name checking price in the same company as fury and haye? Why would he do that given that price has been basically forgotten ? Hmmmm.....Almost as if he's trying to big up his credentials .....and why would he do that ? Expect an announcement soon

To be fair to Price, he's been very unlucky with the opponents who've beaten him, both of whom failed drugs tests.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
To be fair to Price, he's been very unlucky with the opponents who've beaten him, both of whom failed drugs tests.

I like him and still think he has it in him to be a contender as he's a big puncher. The trouble is, drug tests or not, he's taken some absolute hammerings. Bad bad knock outs. That will probably do for him.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Is Price still with them two crooked Kraut blokes with London accents? If he is with Matchroom or about to be added to Matchroom then he will be a Joshua opponent soon. Win win for Eddy as if Price wins then he still has a world champion in his ranks.

All this being said I heard an interview with Price last night and he said he needs at least one tune up before he goes in with anyone capable.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Is Price still with them two crooked Kraut blokes with London accents? If he is with Matchroom or about to be added to Matchroom then he will be a Joshua opponent soon. Win win for Eddy as if Price wins then he still has a world champion in his ranks.

All this being said I heard an interview with Price last night and he said he needs at least one tune up before he goes in with anyone capable.

Still with Sauerlands, him or Malik Scott cannot be taken as serious opponents for Joshua. That is the problem with claiming you are a 'World Champion' the level of opponent has to reflect that, it's ok as a tinpot champion fighting Bulgarian bums but you can't sell PPV's if you're fighting dustmen for the title

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I've not heard anything about AJ vs Price, but I know the Sauerlands, Pricey and his team have all been in discussions with Matchroom about Pricey.

Not a good fight for him though, can't see him going for it unless he wants to cash out. He's dangerous but another KO defeat and his career would be as good as over.

Stiverne would be a decent test for AJ in July. The only man to have taken Wilder the distance in 36 fights.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I've not heard anything about AJ vs Price, but I know the Sauerlands, Pricey and his team have all been in discussions with Matchroom about Pricey.

Not a good fight for him though, can't see him going for it unless he wants to cash out. He's dangerous but another KO defeat and his career would be as good as over.

Stiverne would be a decent test for AJ in July. The only man to have taken Wilder the distance in 36 fights.

Hmmm I'm not so sure. Although Teper and Thompson have both been proven to be drug cheats the word is out now - land on David Price and he goes to sleep. Pity as I really like the bloke. However that makes him even more dangerous as he basically has nothing to lose now. If he were to lose to AJ I don't think it would finish him as AJ is clearly an absolute beast and far superior to Teper and Thompson. I can see him eventually being similar to Chisora - a stepping stone to see who can cut it at the top level. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Del Boy gets the shot if he gets past Pulev.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here