Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] IBF Heavyweight Title: Martin Vs Joshua

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Last time I went to the O2 it cost £15 petrol, £21 parking, £50 dinner, £7 program, £30 drinks (Wife drove) plus ticket price. I'd have been really peeved if I only got 4 minutes 30 seconds of heavyweight boxing.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Another rotten PPV card, Joshua the 2016 version of Frank Bruno knocking over a bum, Groves knocking over another bum, two boring so called World title fights and Benn's son knocking over the O2 cleaner. Waste of 17 quid.

First time Joshua gets in with a durable experienced opponent like Bruno did with Bonecrusher he will be shown up badly, Tyson Fury would school him and give him a beating he will never forget.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fury may do AJ at the moment but will not fight Haye and in 18 months he wont fight AJ either as he will be a nothing heavyweight and not given the chance after he loses on 9th July in the rematch.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Wow some of the negative views on here are mind boggling!

You have a young British boxer has won olympic gold and followed it up with a world title in his 16th professional fight! He wins in style within two rounds and the opponent must have been a bum however he goes a few rounds like he did with Dillian Whyte and then people say he's been shown up, the fella can't win!

The big fights and names will come for Joshua as its still very early days but what he has achieved up to now has been sensational. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand boxing.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Last time I went to the O2 it cost £15 petrol, £21 parking, £50 dinner, £7 program, £30 drinks (Wife drove) plus ticket price. I'd have been really peeved if I only got 4 minutes 30 seconds of heavyweight boxing.

We will have to get AJ to drag it out a bit next time so as we get better value for money! :ffsparr:

I went last night, got in the arena at 5pm, watched 3 world title fights + some great up and coming fighters, atmosphere was absolutely electric for the Joshua fight and saw a Brit win the world a heavyweight world title (only the 6th in History). Money well spent in my book!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
We will have to get AJ to drag it out a bit next time so as we get better value for money! :ffsparr:

I went last night, got in the arena at 5pm, watched 3 world title fights + some great up and coming fighters, atmosphere was absolutely electric for the Joshua fight and saw a Brit win the world a heavyweight world title (only the 6th in History). Money well spent in my book!

How much were tickets out of interest?

Will you go up to Wembley for his next one?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Another rotten PPV card, Joshua the 2016 version of Frank Bruno knocking over a bum, Groves knocking over another bum, two boring so called World title fights and Benn's son knocking over the O2 cleaner. Waste of 17 quid.

First time Joshua gets in with a durable experienced opponent like Bruno did with Bonecrusher he will be shown up badly, Tyson Fury would school him and give him a beating he will never forget.

IMO Matchroom always put on one sided fights and take the piss with PPV's. Although last weeks Sky card was excellent (about time) mainly because most of the fights where 50/50 or at least competitive. Thats why BoxNation IMO put on better shows, they arnt geared towards casuals wanting/seeing their stars KO fighters in one sided fights, I believe they are more balanced or even. I would love to see Fury KO Joshua, just for the fact I cant stand Eddie Hearn.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Trouble is he picked up a belt thrown into the bin by the REAL World champ

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Until 9th July then normality will resume. That being the end of Fury because he will have no body to fight,.

I really hope so, although the only way Klitschko is going to win is if he goes on the offensive and takes it to Fury.
Unfortunately I can only see the c*** winning.

Would LOVE to be proven wrong though.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
On Monday June 27, 1988 I was in Spain on holiday, the hotel advertised the Mike Tyson v Michael Spinks world title fight. It was scheduled for 2am. The bar closed at 1am so I bought 2 tequila sunrises and sat waiting with 4 or 5 other Brits. It was after 4 when the fight started… it lasted 91 seconds.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I doubt very much we will have the Joshua fight and Fury fight on PPV on the same night and as the Klitchsko's have a reputation for pulling out I wouldn't be surprised if that fight didn't happen.

I'd like to see Joshua take on Hughie Fury and see him get knocked spark out, he isn't in Hughie's league let alone the BIG champs

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Inside 2 rounds you MORON

I'm sorry Mr Oracle of Pugilism
Only I saw you'd written this "Another CORRECT prediction". ;-)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm sorry Mr Oracle of Pugilism
Only I saw you'd written this "Another CORRECT prediction". ;-)

Idiots like YOU were still CREAMING your pants over that big STIFF plumber David Price and I told everyone he was USELESS and now I'm telling you the same about Joshua, READ what I say and you may BENEFIT from my INTELLIGANCE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here