Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I will never complain about the Amex catering again!!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
What crap catering at Brum....peters pies....dry as Ghandis old flip flop..

queues longer and slower than amex....

they were selling chips and each one seemed to take a minute or to to go and collect the order.

coke was poured from the plastic bottle into a cup, again taking time..

I will never complain about the Amex catering again , I promise

on the plus side had a cracking curry on the curry mile ,Sparkbrook(ladymead street).

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Can't have been as bad as millwall....

At Millwall 90% of the people were in one queue and didn't realise! They didn't have any warm pies or chips when I got to the Den, so I just went with a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar!
I avoided the catering at St Andrews today too, although after reading this thread, I'm glad I did.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I felt complete opposite.

Got there at 2.30 no queue for beer so grabbed a pint and went downstairs to the smoking area. Able to have a pint and fag at same time result.

Half time, left a couple of minutes after whistle no queue for toilet , result. Went downstairs grabbed a burger and tea again no queue. Had a quick smoke and then back to seat for second half.

Clapped players off walked to car and back on motorway within 5 min.

Great day and well set up for a large number of fans imho.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I'm disapointed that you no longer seem to be able to get those dodgy dog burgers anymore at football.

I had an awful one at Chesterfield about three years ago; it was boiled! :sick: Ate half of it and threw up on the train home. That was at Saltergate, they're catering is probably much better now they've got a new ground.

Aug 4, 2011
Amex has been voted the best in the UK. ( under azure catering) I thought cardiff was not too bad , good service - only bad point is they did not take card :/
But was great there!

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
What crap catering at Brum....peters pies....dry as Ghandis old flip flop..

queues longer and slower than amex....

they were selling chips and each one seemed to take a minute or to to go and collect the order.

coke was poured from the plastic bottle into a cup, again taking time..

I will never complain about the Amex catering again , I promise

on the plus side had a cracking curry on the curry mile ,Sparkbrook(ladymead street).

Not sure you mean Ladymead St as the main Curry Rd is called Ladypool Rd (used to live off it when first moved to Brum in Brunswick Rd) which is indeed in Sparkbrook.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Having tried a Chicken Balti pie at Birmingham I can honestly say that anyone complaining about pies at Amex (not individual cases but quality in general) obviously has no taste buds - it was, without exagerration, the most flavourless thing I have ever tasted (except for a glass of water).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We arrived at the Adil Balti house at 12:15 armed with cold Cobras. Had a very pleasant and relaxed meal. Ordered a cab and arrived at the ground for 14:40 armed with the left overs packed up with breads and a few lamb chops and kebabs thrown in for good measure. Forget the Amex, our football catering was spot on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
I think it was Lahore Palace( big blue neon sign) ....full of locals.....as my wife is asian I think I was the only non asian until a few Villa fans came in

No knives or forks just fingers and Naan..

No Alcohol allowed either.

and to top it all a free car park right opposite...had a stroll through street and viewed the Indian dresses,,, very colourful....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it was Lahore Palace( big blue neon sign) ....full of locals.....as my wife is asian I think I was the only non asian until a few Villa fans came in

No knives or forks just fingers and Naan..

No Alcohol allowed either.

and to top it all a free car park right opposite...had a stroll through street and viewed the Indian dresses,,, very colourful....

Ah, Okay. I think this is next door to the Adil. It's a great area, I have been down that way about 6-7 times now.

As an aside did your wife go to the game? The only reason I ask is there was a chap with an Asian lady just to the left in the row in front on me.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Ah, Okay. I think this is next door to the Adil. It's a great area, I have been down that way about 6-7 times now.

As an aside did your wife go to the game? The only reason I ask is there was a chap with an Asian lady just to the left in the row in front on me.

Yes she did go yesterday, she is Filipina a season ticket holder at the Amex....she has been going quite frequently since 1984.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here