Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I will never complain about the Amex catering again!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having tried a Chicken Balti pie at Birmingham I can honestly say that anyone complaining about pies at Amex (not individual cases but quality in general) obviously has no taste buds - it was, without exagerration, the most flavourless thing I have ever tasted (except for a glass of water).

Mendoza & I both had the chicken curry pie, and neither of us bothered to eat more than half. I was staggered that a club from a city reputed to be the balti capital of the world could supply such a horrific example of a pie. The filling looked like the sort of dried brown crap you get in a mince pie at Christmas, and I think I had to take six or seven bites to find even the most microscopic bit of leathery, bone dry, shrivelled "chicken". I wouldn't have bothered eating even that much if I hadn't been starving. If they insist on the frozen pie route, they could at least go Pukka. It was like eating six week old roadkill in pastry (except you'd probably still find more meat on the roadkill).

Worst pie I have EVER had at a football game, bar none. We are truly spoilt by the Amex pies, I swear to god.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes she did go yesterday, she is Filipina a season ticket holder at the Amex....she has been going quite frequently since 1984.

Okay. I hope we were not too distracting when chomping and munching on our half time bag of goodies the Adil gave us. The tandoori chops were especially nice ;-)

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
FWIW although many of the Balti Belt places do not sell alcohol many allow you to go to a local off licence buy alcohol and then consume it on their premises with your meal.

I for one like eating my meal as a non drinker not surrounded by the smell of alcohol. I shocked a waitress on a recent visit to Prague where almost as soon as I sat down in a pizzaria was presented with a huge glass of frothy beer only for it to be rejected. She did look puzzled at my rejection of her offering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here