Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think I've got a CRICKET behind my fridge

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
If i were you i would COVER one end of the fridge, maybe using the SQUARE LEG of a chair, and then try to CATCH it as it BAILS. To scare it out you might want to light a match but, and this may sound like a SILLY POINT, it could go OUT so you may want to light a TEST MATCH first.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Easy, i am sure your terrible ordeal will be OVER soon, but for now my friend you are going to have to BAT IT OUT.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And its driving me NUTS

I can hear it ALL the time. Its clearly in the kitchen, and initially I thought it might just be a kind of squeaking noise that the fridge was making against the wall, vibratring or something. So I've budged the fridge around a bit, but the noise PERSISTS. Taking the fridge out from the wall would be a major HASSLE, cos there's a little radiator on the wall next to it that you have to "jimmy" it past at an angle, plus it'll f*** up my wooden flooring with scuffs and shit. And its a big fridge-freezer unit bastard thats about as manoeuvrable as Hawkins with a hernia.

How long before a starved cricket will DIE ?

Put down some rice paper and see if it walks out. Or does that just work for grasshoppers?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Whatever you do DO NOT kill it,it is considered very very lucky to have a cricket wander into your house and it is said that any gamble you take the time it stays under your roof the gamble will pay off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
get yourself a CAT

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
I've got about 250 of these in my garden

HLGZKL8Z5LVHUHFHUHDH7HVH5HEZ7HAHRLOHKLDHQL5Z0L6Z4LVZGLLR4LNZZL4Z0LGZMHOH4H6ZLLCHHL2ZGL6Z.jpg

It's a mole cricket - they dig a hole and then come out in the evening and make a hell of a racket. They're about the length of your little finger (unless you have freakishly long/short fingers).

One cricket stuck behind the fridge - pah!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here