Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think I've got a CRICKET behind my fridge

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And its driving me NUTS

I can hear it ALL the time. Its clearly in the kitchen, and initially I thought it might just be a kind of squeaking noise that the fridge was making against the wall, vibratring or something. So I've budged the fridge around a bit, but the noise PERSISTS. Taking the fridge out from the wall would be a major HASSLE, cos there's a little radiator on the wall next to it that you have to "jimmy" it past at an angle, plus it'll f*** up my wooden flooring with scuffs and shit. And its a big fridge-freezer unit bastard thats about as manoeuvrable as Hawkins with a hernia.

How long before a starved cricket will DIE ?

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
the cricket busters might be bale to help you
Ricky-Ponting-001.jpg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If you squash a cricket does it go mushy?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And its driving me NUTS

I can hear it ALL the time. Its clearly in the kitchen, and initially I thought it might just be a kind of squeaking noise that the fridge was making against the wall, vibratring or something. So I've budged the fridge around a bit, but the noise PERSISTS. Taking the fridge out from the wall would be a major HASSLE, cos there's a little radiator on the wall next to it that you have to "jimmy" it past at an angle, plus it'll f*** up my wooden flooring with scuffs and shit. And its a big fridge-freezer unit bastard thats about as manoeuvrable as Hawkins with a hernia.

How long before a starved cricket will DIE ?

Is this the follow up to the squirel in the roof thread a while back ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im thinking you've got a dodgy fridge thats about to go for a burton - turn it off to see if that stops the noise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
im thinking you've got a dodgy fridge thats about to go for a burton - turn it off to see if that stops the noise.

Done that. Its still chirping.
OK, its not the most unpleasant of noises. In fact, when I crack open a cold one in front of the fridge, its a little like Club Tropicana. But its annoying when I have my toast in the morning.

If Stoo's right, looks like I'll be stuck with it for a week at least.
*sigh*

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Done that. Its still chirping.
OK, its not the most unpleasant of noises. In fact, when I crack open a cold one in front of the fridge, its a little like Club Tropicana. But its annoying when I have my toast in the morning.

If Stoo's right, looks like I'll be stuck with it for a week at least.
*sigh*

Is it quite a loud noise? Or just noticeable?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it quite a loud noise? Or just noticeable?

Noticable in the kitchen and hallway. Once I'm in the lounge or upstairs I can only hear it if I REALLY listen hard for it. Still annoying though.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
To me, it SEAMS as thought this is really pushing the BOUNDARY. Your going to have to be rather STREAKY to get rid of it though, it may just RUN AWAY beFOUR you can CATCH IT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here