Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think I've got a CRICKET behind my fridge

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still there. Still chirping.

I've decided to call him Albert. I talk to him at night when I visit the fridge for a top-up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have absolutely no idea.
Regular as clockwork though, when darkness falls, Albert kicks off. And he's still chirping when I climb those wooden hills (luckily I can't hear him from upstairs though).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm actually growing rather fond of it.
Its a little like being in the video to "Club Tropicana" (if you've ever heard the opening to that classic track, before that irresistable funk baseline fades in and grows). As I saunter up to the fridge for a Coke to put in my Bacardi, I can't help but swing my hips a little to the calypso beat....

Let me take you to a place
Where memberships a smiling face
Brushing shoulders with the staaaaaaaars

Albert brings a lovely summer atmosphere to my kitchen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
See this would be my feeling too. Should I ever find myself in the fortunate position of having my own Albert, I'd embrace him as one of my own. However, perhaps what I was getting at, is presumably you have a FAMILY who may not be quite as idiotic as you or I?:smile:

Well...the missus is getting thoroughly fed up with him. She was blindly jiggling a yardstick around the edges of the fridge the other day in a futile effort to squash or dislodge him, but Albert is too smart for that, he's clearly right round the back somewhere.

I just have no idea what he is living off though. If I knew, I wouldn't be adverse to secretly feeding him now and then. I can hear him as I type, and it makes me feel like I'm abroad on my holibobs.

subway

Mar 24, 2024
Well...the missus is getting thoroughly fed up with him. She was blindly jiggling a yardstick around the edges of the fridge the other day in a futile effort to squash or dislodge him, but Albert is too smart for that, he's clearly right round the back somewhere.

I just have no idea what he is living off though. If I knew, I wouldn't be adverse to secretly feeding him now and then. I can hear him as I type, and it makes me feel like I'm abroad on my holibobs.
Did you ever figure out how to remove it or are you still feeding it?

We have a single one under the fridge that hasn't starved in months. I also have no idea how it is surviving without ever coming out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did you ever figure out how to remove it or are you still feeding it?

We have a single one under the fridge that hasn't starved in months. I also have no idea how it is surviving without ever coming out.
He either moved on, or perished. We replaced that fridge around 5-6 years ago and I do not recall seeing his corpse.

I miss him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He either moved on, or perished. We replaced that fridge around 5-6 years ago and I do not recall seeing his corpse.

I miss him.
He just left ? No thanks or anything?
Gryllidaes are the rudest of insects aren’t they ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can’t you get you cockatiel to eat it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here