Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "I think he's an Albion fan", Amsterdam/Ajax edition

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eight years of headaches and frustrations as a commuter on Dutch trains back in the 1990s was plenty enough to convince me that the internationally held notion that the country runs an efficient rail network is, in fact, utter b*ll*cks...
Dutch trains are also INSANELY expensive.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
IMG_3864.jpeg

Not far to go now.
I spoke to the captain last night in the bar(!) to make sure he knew we couldn’t be late.

IMG_3867.jpeg

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Eight years of headaches and frustrations as a commuter on Dutch trains back in the 1990s was plenty enough to convince me that the internationally held notion that the country runs an efficient rail network is, in fact, utter b*ll*cks...
Interailing through Holland was my introduction to the "you're train isn't late, it just doesn't exist anymore" ploy.
To be fair that particular train might have been French, but the principle stands.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had to change trains….this isn’t going well.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Unless you like shoddy cider or canned wine, the 8.16 from st pancras to amsterdam appears to have run out of alcohol.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It was the train we were on. We had to get off. Kaput.

If all goes to plan we now arrive in Amsterdam Centraal at 15:55.
I was slightly confused that what was labelled a replacement train arrived at the same time as the original.

Hope it all goes well from here. :thumbsup:

If it makes you feel any better, on the way back from Marseille one of my trains was delayed by 30minutes leading to me missing my ferry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That’s ok (irritating, but ok), providing there’s no further issues
Agree.

Once we get to Utrecht we should be okay as we have the option of getting a cab.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
6 hours of stress on a train, followed by 90 minutes of stress during the game. Gotta love this football lark havnt you? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here