Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "I think he's an Albion fan", Amsterdam/Ajax edition

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Blimey - Eurostar's a dream. Baggage/Passport Control/Brekkie all done in half an hour..
now got an hour + to kill.

Downside - only beer available is Camden Hills lager at £6.60 per can.....
Should have planned this better....

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Blimey - Eurostar's a dream. Baggage/Passport Control/Brekkie all done in half an hour..

Downside - only beer available is Camden Hills lager at £6.60 per can.....
Should have planned this better....
I expect @Herr Tubthumper will be getting a Erdinger Weißbier from his buffet car. My advice (for what it's worth) from following Fulham on our Europa adventure is not to peak too early on the drink front and limit the sightseeing. You need to conserve your energy for the adrenaline of a big European away game.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Are people wearing Brighton merch out and about full vis? Cba with the slightest bit of trouble but assuming it'll be 99.999999% fine

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are people wearing Brighton merch out and about full vis? Cba with the slightest bit of trouble but assuming it'll be 99.999999% fine
Last night some were and some weren’t. I’m not bothering today but TBH I think we all stick out a bit anyway and there was a fair bit of singing in Der Wallen area.

That said, today will probably be much ropier. Saw loads of old and new mates here yesterday and they’re all here for a good time, not a fight.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I expect @Herr Tubthumper will be getting a Erdinger Weißbier from his buffet car. My advice (for what it's worth) from following Fulham on our Europa adventure is not to peak too early on the drink front and limit the sightseeing. You need to conserve your energy for the adrenaline of a big European away game.
at £6.60 a can - I will not be peaking too early.
With a 5:45pm kick off, I suspect I will be peaking too late.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Pretty much the only downside to Eurostar is once through passport control/security the waiting area is a bit cramped and lacking. Everything else is great

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
8.16 from st pancras to amsterdam is reminiscent of the old seagull specials. All we needed was Stavros and we would be laughing.

The cancelled 5.06 from brighton was a tad annoying having got to marseille and back with 6 changes and no delays.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Last night some were and some weren’t. I’m not bothering today but TBH I think we all stick out a bit anyway and there was a fair bit of singing in Der Wallen area.

That said, today will probably be much ropier. Saw loads of old and new mates here yesterday and they’re all here for a good time, not a fight.
Thank you. I've got a scarf in my bag and will may stick it on if there's safety in numbers at some point.

Have a good one!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Saw a few on the train this morning around 6:45 getting off at East Croydon.

Our train was going to Victoria so assumed they’ve transferred for St Pancras, unless they’ve stopped off to rub it in?

Hope they pace themselves, 4 Madri’s in before 7am!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I made this very mistake in Marseille. Can barely remember the game. Won’t be making it again today (almost certainly will).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stopping again in Hannover, more engine repairs. Pray for us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Should be OK once you get to a country with a more reliable transport infrastructure.
I think it’s the Dutch half of the train causing the problems :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Saw a few on the train this morning around 6:45 getting off at East Croydon.

Our train was going to Victoria so assumed they’ve transferred for St Pancras, unless they’ve stopped off to rub it in?

Hope they pace themselves, 4 Madri’s in before 7am!
It’s Madri. They’ll be fine.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Goedemorgen
IMG_5680.jpeg

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I think it’s the Dutch half of the train causing the problems :lolol:
Eight years of headaches and frustrations as a commuter on Dutch trains back in the 1990s was plenty enough to convince me that the internationally held notion that the country runs an efficient rail network is, in fact, utter b*ll*cks...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here