Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got on the train to Utrecht

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Glad it all went smoothly ⚓⚓
Glad I didn’t spot the little teaser on the daily programme this morning. Written in the style of an NSC post.

IMG_3872.jpeg

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Glad I didn’t spot the little teaser on the daily programme this morning. Written in the style of an NSC post.

View attachment 169465
Found a few Albion fans without tickets on the Queen Victoria. Many came back to the ship very wet wanting to watch the game in the bar onboard, but I am fairly sure that they are not showing it.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Found a few Albion fans without tickets on the Queen Victoria. Many came back to the ship very wet wanting to watch the game in the bar onboard, but I am fairly sure that they are not showing it.
Oh no. I was sure it’d be on in the ship. Is it not on Sport24? That is available on the cabin TVs, so if it is, they can definitely show it.
Hope to see you when we get back.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I do hope you left them you half'n'half scarf to pin up?
I have sworn a blood oath to never touch a half and half scarf. But picking one up on the end of a stick and taking it to that bar would be close to acceptable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So. I made the ticket collection point with 15 minutes to spare, jumped back in the cab then asked the taxi driver to keep the engine running whilst I checked into the hotel. Next stop was Amsterdam Arena. Made the stadium with a leisurely hour to spare in the end.

Though, the travel woes didn’t end there. I’m returning home today and a friend helped me to the station and onto the train. Only problem was the doors closed and he couldn’t get off. Next stop was Zwolle 80 plus kilometers away. It been an eventful trip that’s for sure.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its a right shambles to be honest. Thought KLM would be reliable, but clearly not.

Got the cancellation email this morning, which says "Sorry, due to technical issues with the plane you were due to be flying on, the flight is cancelled. Click here to see your options" I spent ages clicking all kinds of pointless links about refunds, etc, but nothing helpful at all. Finally found a phone number and after lots of holding, got through to a guy:

"Hello. Hopefully you can help. I've just had an email saying my flight has been cancelled. Here's my confirmation code..."

KLM: Ah yes - I can see that is cancelled - issue with the plane.

"It's Monday morning. The flight is in FOUR days' time. Surely they can find another plane?"

KLM: They might do, yes. But as of now it is cancelled, so all bookings are void. We can book you on the Thursday evening flight, instead.

"No good to me, sorry. Need to be there by lunchtime Thursday at the latest"

So we agree he'll book us onto the Wednesday evening flight (and apparently we can reclaim the hotel cost for that night).

"By the way - if they do 'find' a plane, and the Thursday flight is reinstated, will somebody get in touch to give us a chance to switch back?"

KLM: No, there's no mechanism for that.

"Right"

KLM: You can go on the website, tomorrow, and try to book that flight, and if it shows as available, then it is probably running. You can call us and we can amend your booking.

"Right. I'm not sure I like the odds of 'probably'. I think we'll stick with the Wednesday flights..."

The guy did amend the booking, and he sends us through an email with confirmation of the Wednesday flights, so all good.

Then.. an hour later, I get an email addressed to my lad (much like the one I got this morning) advising that our (original) flights have been cancelled, and we have automatically been rebooked on the Thursday evening flights...

So I have to sit on hold again, to get through to another agent to check all is still well.

"I called earlier about this, and we have been rebooked onto the Wednesday flights"

KLM: Ah, yes. I can see that. Yes that is correct.

"But you've just emailed us to say we've been moved to the Thursday evening flight"

KLM: That is an automatic thing, sorry.

"So we ARE still securely booked on the Wednesday flight?"

KLM: Yes. Absolutely.

"Good"

KLM: You are also booked on the Thursday evening flight.

"We won't need that will we. We'll be in Amsterdam."

KLM: Would you like me to cancel the Thursday booking?

:rant:

If anyone else is supposed to be flying with KLM, don't waste time trying to navigate their shit support links. Call them on 020 7660 0293
So, just to come back to this - we ended up flying to Amsterdam a day early, so thus having a much less stressful and more fun trip than had we flown on our booked Thursday morning flight - and to compensate us for making us ENDURE this change to our plans, KLM have just deposited £370 in my bank account :thumbsup: (full reimbursement of our hotel, food and train tickets on the Wednesday night, plus 2 x €125 compensation for the flight change).

Nice.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So, just to come back to this - we ended up flying to Amsterdam a day early, so thus having a much less stressful and more fun trip than had we flown on our booked Thursday morning flight - and to compensate us for making us ENDURE this change to our plans, KLM have just deposited £370 in my bank account :thumbsup: (full reimbursement of our hotel, food and train tickets on the Wednesday night, plus 2 x €125 compensation for the flight change).

Nice.
Glad it all worked out well in the end!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Nice.
flying to the Netherlands to watch Albion beat their biggest club and getting paid to do so by their national airline.

The boy done good!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Nice.
Disappotining.

Following the current trend, you didn't need to provide that update to this thread until about 2032.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here