I take it Albion fans want us (Boro) to beat Burnley on Tuesday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Lot of PUSSIES on here WORRYING about Burnley and Boro, just hope Hughton isn't the same. Boro and Burnley both scraping a win whilst we SMASHED Fulham at the weekend, let them be SCARED of us not the other way round.

If we win our 4 games we're UP.
Wise words.

Focus on the 4.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I am enjoying this thread.

It's giving me a reality check for our game v QPR.

Just when I start banking points, I read this and remember:-

'come on people - one game at a time'.

We all know that game means fook all if the Albion get turned over tomorrow, don't get sucked in.

Totally this. Whatever anybody else does, we still have to do our bit. Que sera sera.

edit - and that can mean one of two things:
1. If we lose against QPR, it becomes more difficult.... but not impossible.
2. If we win the remaining 4 matches, who cares what anyone else does.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The clear facts are that Burnley and Middlesbrough both know that if BHAFC win 4 games then one of the promotion spots is taken.

That must hack them off royally.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
There is a lot of wishful thinking on here ( and understandably so ) but the bare facts are .....
1) Burnley are unbeaten for the whole second half of the season, thus far ( 19 games ) and they are strong and resilient and are difficult to beat.
Dyche will ensure, first and foremost, tomorrow, that they don't get beaten. They are unlikely to lose at Preston. They have more firepower than Preston, who struggle to score. They will, more than likely, win their last two games v QPR and Charlton. They are likely to get 91 points.

OR They've had quite a few draws recently and can't afford any more.

2) Boro have won 6 on the spin and are full of confidence. They don't expect to get beaten.
They are unlikely to lose again this season. Karanka will also try and ensure that they don't get beaten tomorrow. Expect them to beat Ipswich and Birmingham and probably reach the last day of the season with 92 points.

OR They've struggled to get wins, even against the likes of low-scoring Reading and bottom-of-table Bolton, and will be dreading the visit of in-form Albion on the final day.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeagulls!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hull really have funked this up.
Finishing with:-

Reading
Leeds
Brentford
Bolton
Rotherham.

Winning all 5 'only' gives the 88 points.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I know they absolutely fluked a draw against you and Barton commited assault on three occasions, so I'm expecting a very tense game.

How do you see the game going?

Which Burnley players impressed you?

Mostly we don't care. All permutations mean Albion will need to win at Boro in the final game. Can Boro risk not going for a win? (they might lose 4-3 going for a win).

Impressive Burnley players were Stephen Ward (nuisance in the penalty area) and Ashley Barnes (missed the goal completely instead of heading aginst the post).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Burnley-Boro game will see Mr Barton unable to resist kicking, stamping and elbowing a targeted opponent. I think he could go after Clayton. Let's hope the ref has done his homework and realises Barton will be in his ear from the kick-off. My advice to the ref? Send the **** off at the earliest opportunity!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mostly we don't care.
You must be well aware that you don't speak for the majority of fans. Reading the recent threads it looks like most of us do care.

All permutations mean Albion will need to win at Boro in the final game.
If Burnley lose, then draw away to Preston, we could be just needing a point on the last day. So what do you mean 'all permutations'?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You must be well aware that you don't speak for the majority of fans. Reading the recent threads it looks like most of us do care.

If Burnley lose, then draw away to Preston, we could be just needing a point on the last day. So what do you mean 'all permutations'?

This pemrutation works:

Burnley

Boro L 0-3
PNE 0-2
QPR 2-1 3 pts -4 86

Brighton

QPR 4-0
Charlton 1-0
Derby 1-1 7 pts +5 86

But I rejected it as improbable.

I think it would be best if Burnley do not win. Banker 1-1 draw, nearly.

In 1978-79 we finished with 3 wins and a draw. WDWW.

Possible:
Boro DDW 90
Burnley DDW 88
Albion WDW 88

Boro WDW 92
Burnley LDW 86
Albion WDD 86
Hull WWWW 85

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That doesn't mean they'll win them all as it never works that way :)
No of course not, but of the 'top 4' Hull are the only team that have the run-in they'd have picked for themselves.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This pemrutation works:

Burnley

Boro L 0-3
PNE 0-2
QPR 2-1 3 pts -4 86

Brighton

QPR 4-0
Charlton 1-0
Derby 1-1 7 pts +5 86