Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I take it Albion fans want us (Boro) to beat Burnley on Tuesday?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If a bookie has taken a lot of bets on one particular outcome, and they don't change the odds but keep taking more and more bets, they may well make a nice profit, but they may make a massive loss, and that's a risk that some companies just don't want to take. They'd rather ignore the potential for big, risky profit, and go with the smaller guaranteed profit.
This is the bit that make no sense to me. I'm not saying you're wrong, and am trying hard to understand, but it sounds more like an individual punter trying to manage a small betting fund than a massive company that makes tens of thousands of individual bets on hundreds of different events every day ...

If Ladbrokes did a bet on the toss in a cricket match, and could get people to bet at 5/6 on each of the outcomes, would they want a smaller balanced book with £50,000 staked on each or would they prefer to have laid £200,000 on heads and £100,000 on tails ...??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Ladbrokes did a bet on the toss in a cricket match, and could get people to bet at 5/6 on each of the outcomes, would they want a smaller balanced book with £50,000 staked on each or would they prefer to have laid £200,000 on heads and £100,000 on tails ...??
I imagine they'd want the latter, largely because they know the real odds are evens, and the figures aren't very high.

It's different with sports events, we're all guessing what the true odds should be.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If there's any justice it will be the 3 of us promoted one way or another. The 3 best teams by a considerable points margin. A win at Wembley would be more fun than coming 2nd fwiw but none of us want that risk obviously...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If there's any justice it will be the 3 of us promoted one way or another. The 3 best teams by a considerable points margin. A win at Wembley would be more fun than coming 2nd fwiw but none of us want that risk obviously...

If we were guaranteed a win at Wembley, who'd turn down the occasion, but things don't work that way which is why we really need to focus on the automatics.

Dec 6, 2015
Looking at the oneboro forum earlier, one or two of them seem oddly nervous about the Ipswich game specifically, for some reason. Maybe they have a poor record against them or something?

I have a bad feeling about every game at the moment - it's the hope that I can't stand - but so far the team have defied my nerves. Maybe this is a constant among the support of all three?

As a Boro fan you're brought up with the fear of "typical Boro" turning up. You know the side that'll dick Man U 4-1 and then lose 2-0 to bottom of the league. My Dad would always say "they'll build you up and then send you to earth with a thud" and no doubt I'll tell my children the same thing when they're old enough.

We have a good recent record against Ipswich and they're in poor form so speaking logically we should be absolutely bashing their cabbage in.......but the cynics among us will be gripped with fear that we'll go and bottle it..."I knew it, typical Boro".

Karanka does believe in such hoodoos though - last season we over achieved and although we came close we simply weren't ready to go up. This time it feels different to me and although I know it's going to be extremely difficult I feel we have the quality to do it.

As I have said before I believe Brighton are going to have one of the top 2 places and I believe that Boro will have the other.

Whatever happens it's going to be exciting and sheer torture in the days in between.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As a Boro fan you're brought up with the fear of "typical Boro" turning up. You know the side that'll dick Man U 4-1 and then lose 2-0 to bottom of the league. My Dad would always say "they'll build you up and then send you to earth with a thud" and no doubt I'll tell my children the same thing when they're old enough.

We have a good recent record against Ipswich and they're in poor form so speaking logically we should be absolutely bashing their cabbage in.......but the cynics among us will be gripped with fear that we'll go and bottle it..."I knew it, typical Boro".

Karanka does believe in such hoodoos though - last season we over achieved and although we came close we simply weren't ready to go up. This time it feels different to me and although I know it's going to be extremely difficult I feel we have the quality to do it.

As I have said before I believe Brighton are going to have one of the top 2 places and I believe that Boro will have the other.

Whatever happens it's going to be exciting and sheer torture in the days in between.
Don't worry us lot down south feel exactly the same!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I get the feeling both us and Middlesbrough would prefer the two of us to go up over Burnley, Barton and Dyche + hideous tactics have an adverse effect it seems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here