Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I take it Albion fans want us (Boro) to beat Burnley on Tuesday?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Assuming we beat QPR......

With 3 to play.....

Boro Win
Boro 88
BHA 84
Burnley 83

Draw
Boro 86
Burnley 84
BHA 84

Burnley Win
Burnley 86
Boro 85
BHA 84

So yes, a Boro win please.

It's not in our hands then. Difficult choice.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's not in our hands then. Difficult choice.

So long as we beat QPR, then it will still be in our own hands no matter what the Burnley v Boro result is. I would just prefer a Boro win and Burnley to fade because I simply don't fancy our chances in a possible "winner takes all" scenario at Boro.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So long as we beat QPR, then it will still be in our own hands no matter what the Burnley v Boro result is. I would just prefer a Boro win and Burnley to fade because I simply don't fancy our chances in a possible "winner takes all" scenario at Boro.
They'll crumble at home as the pressure will be huge and we seem pretty good away :)
I'll be happy with that on the last day :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I take it Albion fans want us (Boro) to beat Burnley on Tuesday?
Most of us. We never fully agree on anything.

How do you see the game going?
If you play well, they'll kick you. They'll also lob the ball over the top a lot. It's a skill vacuum.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wouldn't a draw be a good option as Brighton will "gain" 2 points from both teams assuming they win their next game?
No. If there were 12 games to go, yes. But there will only be 3 games to go when it ends, and we need to overtake one of them, not both, so Burnley getting zero points rather than one is the key.

Those wanting a draw:
Firstly, if we win all 4 we're up, so we're looking at ways to make our life easier here.

If Burnley get a point, and are held by Preston too (that's 2 points), that's no good to us. We'll still probably need to win all 4 games to finish atop 2. If Burnley lose, and are held by Preston (that's 1 point) we can finish above them with 3 wins and a draw. Much better, yes please.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Why is it so hard for people to understand? Win 4 games and we are promoted. Regardless of what others do!

FFS. I've tried to run a marathon today. Drunk Harvey's, cider, prosecco and am on the bottle of red. I have always known we will go up winning the remaining games. I make a simple mistake that we cannot be Champions with that scenario and the thickoes let all hell lose.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
FFS. I've tried to run a marathon today. Drunk Harvey's, cider, prosecco and am on the bottle of red. I have always known we will go up winning the remaining games. I make a simple mistake that we cannot be Champions with that scenario and the thickoes let all hell lose.

You calling me a Thicko?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here