Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I still love Gus and always will

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I can't get sentimental about this at all. Yes, it's been great, but Gus was always going to go, now is about the right time for both parties.

We'll have a new manager soon. Gus is already very rich and may soon be even richer. If he's as good as his supporters say, he'll have an even better job before long.

The board haven't got rid of him out of spite. There were very good reasons. Tony Bloom isn't an idiot.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think I'll be giving NSC a miss for a bit soon. The amount of hypocrisy on here is unbelievable. Going in to the play offs he was the most popular manger ever. He dared to question the club in thr heat of the moment and the club suspend him and you lot do an about turn. You don't ruin three and half years of pure brilliance with a few ill chosen words on an emotional night.

I suspect there is a bit more to it than a heat of the moment comment.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I'm glad he is on his way.

He did well spending Tony's cash, or so he says.

Now someone else will, and he can go to one of those numerous clubs that he tarted himself off too.

TB

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We would not be where we are (football wise) without him.
Unfortunately some vocal minority on here may not realise this until we are 2 years down the line.
We have TB to thank for everything else.

Minority.....are you another blind fool.......more than 70% wanted him gone, and a good number of the rest were on the fence........stop making your own little stories up......

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I think I'll be giving NSC a miss for a bit soon. The amount of hypocrisy on here is unbelievable. Going in to the play offs he was the most popular manger ever. He dared to question the club in thr heat of the moment and the club suspend him and you lot do an about turn. You don't ruin three and half years of pure brilliance with a few ill chosen words on an emotional night.

I ,like many, chose to ignore some of his traits, behaviour and comments as he was successful. Now he's left, the wool is being removed from eyes.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Minority.....are you another blind fool.......more than 70% wanted him gone, and a good number of the rest were on the fence........stop making your own little stories up......

Load of tosh.
Only when his position became untenable (when he was suspended) did people want him out and even though I doubt it was the majority.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I always was a big Gus fan but glad this mess is almost behind us. Time for the next chapter in the Albion history book.

Good luck to the Gus Bus whenever it stops next. No ill feeling towards him and reckon he'll be like a good-looking ex, every time I see him I'll be wondering what could have been.

Adiós Gus.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Gus would never have got us promoted to the premiership unless he was given £100,000,000 to spend. Spent £12 million at our club and still complained we was in the bottom of budgets. The bloke is a cock of the highest order and glad to see the back of him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will always have a soft spot due to the football he got us playing on tight budgets. Superb stuff.

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
appreciated the rescue after the dark days of Russell Slade, but the constant derision and the "stepping stone" comments and actions from Poyet (ever in search of his better job) just kept me from engaging in the Poyet hagiography.

The ultimate mercenary. Thanks for the success, but I can't ever hold you in the highest esteem.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
I can't get sentimental about this at all. Yes, it's been great, but Gus was always going to go, now is about the right time for both parties.

We'll have a new manager soon. Gus is already very rich and may soon be even richer. If he's as good as his supporters say, he'll have an even better job before long.

The board haven't got rid of him out of spite. There were very good reasons. Tony Bloom isn't an idiot.

Does anyone know if these 'very good reasons' are serious enough to render any appeal by Gus as futile?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
:clap2:Along with Alan Mullery he remains my all time joint favourite Albion manager, I'm hating this whole sorry affair (as I'm sure is every single BHA supporting poster on the board is), and just want it all to end, so sad and disappointing........:tantrum::down:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
why dont you gus lovers go and support the club he manages next.

we have to side with Bloom (a fan) and the club.......we don't know the facts so go with our kin.

I'll probably adopt them as a second club. Over thirty years I never thought anything would make me fall out of love with this club, but my god I'm tottering now.

Last edited:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
"Dark days of Russell Slade." Russell achieved much more than Poyed ever did and on a zilch budget. Who else would have prevented the inevitability of relegation? Russell is also a great bloke. Poyet isn't and has an ego only rivalled by Mugabe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here