Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I see Michu has been released by Swansea....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wages and signing bonus. We also have about 7 strikers already so unless signing a sure thing think we bide our time
That. I'm one of the few that thinks that we're well stocked in the striker department. Signing anymore is going to be demotivational to players like Hambo.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That. I'm one of the few that thinks that we're well stocked in the striker department. Signing anymore is going to be demotivational to players like Hambo.

Not having a go at you here, but why are so many people expecting Hambo to make any sort of impact in the first team.

As far as I can tell it is a bit of a punt.

The need for another striker I agree currently isnt an urgent one, however an injury could leave us with few options.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When was he released?

A free agent can only be signed if they were released by a club before the end of the transfer window. In Michu's case I don't think he can sign for any club in England as his release came after September 1st.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
but if he's been released, he ain't earning anything at the moment ?

True, and to you and I the lack of income would be a serious consideration, and - within limits - any job would be up for consideration. For professional footballers, who are used to pocketing an annual salary every week, the perspective is very different.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Amazing how he was brilliant in his first season at Swansea then shite. How does that happen? Didn't he have an injury at the swans that might be hampering him?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Silly suggestion, proved that he can score goals at the highest level in England, must be on at least £35,000 a week. He may have been a flop at Napoli but he could definitely still play at a much higher level than us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

No, we are definitely a striker short.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
If he signs, generally a player negotiates how much he wants to be paid. He is used to Premier League/Serie A style wages so if still wants to maintain that level of pay its not worth the risk. Some players would rather stay unsigned then take a pay drop.

He's already taken a pay drop ... he is currently earning nothing. Do you really think he'd prefer to remain unsigned? The best wage he will earn is the highest one he's offered and that might be well below what he was getting.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think Michu is slightly above our level. He'll be off to Europe probably.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He's already taken a pay drop ... he is currently earning nothing. Do you really think he'd prefer to remain unsigned? The best wage he will earn is the highest one he's offered and that might be well below what he was getting.

No player will agree to being released without some form of payoff. Regardless of what he received I doubt he's suffering too much.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not having a go at you here, but why are so many people expecting Hambo to make any sort of impact in the first team.

As far as I can tell it is a bit of a punt.

The need for another striker I agree currently isnt an urgent one, however an injury could leave us with few options.

He is a bit of a punt; I agree. However, what's the point in taking on a player like him if he's never going to get a chance to play?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He is a bit of a punt; I agree. However, what's the point in taking on a player like him if he's never going to get a chance to play?

Player like him? how so, he is just another youngster?

Why would we play him for the sake of playing him, unless he impresses in the DS there is no guarenteed place in the first team squad.

Currently he is just another Bergkamp or at best a George Barker in my eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here