Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I see Michu has been released by Swansea....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Player like him? how so, he is just another youngster?

Why would we play him for the sake of playing him, unless he impresses in the DS there is no guarenteed place in the first team squad.

Currently he is just another Bergkamp or at best a George Barker in my eyes.

He is on a first team contract though, isn't he - or am I confusing him with Harper? Barker and Roland Berkamp were signed as DS players, I think.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think looking at the potential loans at the minute is pointless.

The manager has put together his squad. It is pointless adding to it at the moment. We need to wait and see how this group of players we have assembled perform in the coming months and keep funds availlable for later in the season when we may need to add to it if we get injuries or suspensions. No point in spending money just for the sake of it. There will be funds availlable if we are in and around the play offs come January. Thats the time we might really need the funds more

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I think looking at the potential loans at the minute is pointless.

The manager has put together his squad. It is pointless adding to it at the moment. We need to wait and see how this group of players we have assembled perform in the coming months and keep funds availlable for later in the season when we may need to add to it if we get injuries or suspensions. No point in spending money just for the sake of it. There will be funds availlable if we are in and around the play offs come January. Thats the time we might really need the funds more

If whoever comes in or not does a job until January and keeps us (gets us ) within the mix then surely thats not worth it ! The squad we have is good but can always be improved with loans . I think we are all a bit blinkered with lasts years mess of a transfer policy which is massively different from this year .

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Silly suggestion, proved that he can score goals at the highest level in England, must be on at least £35,000 a week. He may have been a flop at Napoli but he could definitely still play at a much higher level than us.

He could prove to be a good signing for a club, but always reports of his attitude not being right, was injured a lot last season but was still ranked as the worst signing by an Italian club last year.

Earlier this summer he was linked with Celtic and wouldn't be surprised if they made contact with him.... in interviews he's previously said he wants to return to La Liga to play, specifically Rayo Vallecano or Celta.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He's already taken a pay drop ... he is currently earning nothing. Do you really think he'd prefer to remain unsigned? The best wage he will earn is the highest one he's offered and that might be well below what he was getting.

There has been plenty of footballers who would rather wait it out and not want to take 50% pay cut. They think they are going to end up getting signed in January or whenever when clubs are desperate for a goal scorer like Michu.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Surely Forest will find a way to sign him, after all, they are always short of strikers.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Silly suggestion, proved that he can score goals at the highest level in England, must be on at least £35,000 a week. He may have been a flop at Napoli but he could definitely still play at a much higher level than us.

He gets £35k a week on the dole !!!! - No wonder this country is broke and our core public services are getting cut.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's already taken a pay drop ... he is currently earning nothing. Do you really think he'd prefer to remain unsigned? The best wage he will earn is the highest one he's offered and that might be well below what he was getting.

Oh for heaven's sake - don't you read a thread before replying? You and I might be troubled by a loss of income, but if we'd been earning(?) a year's salary every week for the past year or two or three, would we be bothered?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He does, but then on the negative side Harley & Kemy almost wipe out the good. Marcos Painter was great for League 1.

Bryan Wade was amazing though.

For one game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Back to Michu, my Swansea-supporting other half said he has a reputation locally for having a major attitude problem, which is why (1) he left them in the first place and (2) he hasn't had a sniff since coming back.

He also mentioned when Kemy first signed for us that he was known as a bit of a good time boy and was more interested in his social life than his football. Which proved to be correct, so I think he knows his stuff. Plus other stories that I won't mention on here for fear of attracting the attention of Kemy's solicitors :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here