Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I really hope Gus doesn't try to defend 'gnasher' Suarez...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
"I think he is the type of player that, this is my opinion, that you would like in your team, and not against you, nothing else. There is plenty of ones, he knows the things he needs to control, he knows better than anyone the things he has done"

Gus speaking today at a Managing Football Injuries Summit.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
How the hell does Barnes get a 7 game ban for an alledged trip on a referee while Suarez will only get a 6 game ban ??
Depend who it is I suppose.
What did Gazza get for squeezing Vinnie Jonses bollocks during a game can anyone remember ??

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
How the hell does Barnes get a 7 game ban for an alledged trip on a referee while Suarez will only get a 6 game ban ??
Depend who it is I suppose.
What did Gazza get for squeezing Vinnie Jonses bollocks during a game can anyone remember ??

Because the FA tend to add 3 and I believe that Barnes was already on a four match for picking up a second red this season? Think this is Suarez's first red this season, so it's just a 3 initially, and then another 3 on top as the additional punishment.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I seem to recall Charlie biting someone in the groin region at the Withdean once - it was in front of the south stand and I'm also pretty sure he got away with it.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

???

tumblr_mcpyk89C5A1riqgjro1_400.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It'll be Ivanovic's eternal regret that he didn't kick the snide freak's buck teeth down his fu cking throat while he had the moral high ground and utter justification for doing so. Wasted opportunity.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Trouble is, how CAN you punish a millionaire footballer these days? Suspend him? - it hurts the club and their fans. Fine him? So what? - it's only money, and he's got more than he probably knows what to do with. Sack him? He'll be playing for the same wages for someone else in no time, so the only loser would be Liverpool FC.

Tough one, ain't it?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Gus wouldn't defend Suarez because it's indefensible...oh.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
and another 'walk away threat'.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
I'm usually a fan of Suarez as he's mentally unhinged but brilliant to watch, but he was at fault this time. 5 match ban I reckon. WHy the OP felt the need to bring Gus into the equation I have no idea. This isn't about Uruguay cultural communication.

But sadly, and all too predictably, Gus just couldn't help himself, could he?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He hasn't DEFENDED Suarez at all though, has he? Just pointed out that the media deals with some incidents, and some players very differently.

Shhh, some people have found their excuse to have a go at our manager for comments he makes, as unfortunately we haven't lost any matches recently so they can't have a pop at him for that.

I wonder if they would be so quick to have a go at him if he was English.....

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Trouble is, how CAN you punish a millionaire footballer these days? Suspend him? - it hurts the club and their fans. Fine him? So what? - it's only money, and he's got more than he probably knows what to do with. Sack him? He'll be playing for the same wages for someone else in no time, so the only loser would be Liverpool FC.

Tough one, ain't it?

The only loser is English football! Can't punish him, beyond punishment, he should be made to sweep the terraces down, don't let him just walk away.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here