Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I really hope Gus doesn't try to defend 'gnasher' Suarez...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he'd smuggled a pistol onto the field in his sock then proceeded to shoot Ivanovic in the head I'm sure Gus would say Suarez only acted in self-defence.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He hasn't DEFENDED Suarez at all though, has he? Just pointed out that the media deals with some incidents, and some players very differently.

Depends if you view the comment: "He tried to bite someone in the arm. No harm really" as Gus is quoted as saying in today's Times as defending him or not.

It certainly seems to suggest that Gus doesn't have or see a problem with biting, which would make things interesting in the least if Michael Brown tried to take a chunk out of one of our players on Saturday.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He hasn't DEFENDED Suarez at all though, has he? Just pointed out that the media deals with some incidents, and some players very differently.

He might as well have. Unfortunately for Gus it is impossible to defend him for biting somebody and thus deflects the argument against a supposed media campaign.

Bizarre bit about some players being applauded for apologising quickly. I'm struggling to remember one and in any case these are the usually the words of the PR department rather than the player involved.

Gus is entitled to his opinions but I completely disagree with them as I did when Suarez was last the subject of a media storm.

Nobody to blame but himself.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

B******s he defended him when he called EVRA a negro saying that calling somebody a negro is not a rascist comment in Uruguay.So now he says that biting your opponent is not that bad because it is just an arm wound.

I'm sorry because I love Gus bus you don't know what you are talking about.You can mistime a tackle & hurt someone fair enough you can over react to a challenge & retaliate fair enough.you cannot sink your teeth into an opponents arm for no apparent reason

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here