Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I predict this season is going to end horribly

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Doesn’t 5th get you into the qualifiers for CL ? Sorry, I’m sure this has probably already been explained to those who cared to listen.
Places 1 to 4 = Champions League.
5th = Europa League
FA Cup winners = Europa League
League Cup winners = Europa Conference

That is our allocation and none of those require qualification stages. If the cup winners have secured an equal or better European place through league position, the cup place goes to the next PL position.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Insanely congested fixtures. The squad is way too thin to cope.

I think we should expect to be really disappointed with the end of this amazing season.

Not anyones fault - every one involved with this season should be incredibly proud, whatever happens. But it's so typical as an Albion fan for luck to be against us at such crucial times.
Going to hold my hands up and admit I thought exactly the same. We have limped over the line to a certain extend, but we have done it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Going to hold my hands up and admit I thought exactly the same. We have limped over the line to a certain extend, but we have done it.
Limped over the line how?

We’ve beaten Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United in our last 8 games of a fixture list that looked absolutely brutal.

Unless you mean metaphorically because all our squad are injured in which case WOOOOOSH

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's not about VAR decisions coming to our rescue after the lino/ref failed to see something. It's when VAR makes a huge error that is so big that PGOML have to publicly apologise for their error, which costs us points (7).

VAR not making an error is not something that makes up for them costing us those points through incompetence or worse.
I agree with you Spurs/Palace decisions an utter cluster f*** by VAR. Although do we go on to win those two games? We would like to think we would have although this was not guaranteed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

We’ve beaten Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United in our last 8 games of a fixture list that looked absolutely brutal.

Unless you mean metaphorically because all our squad are injured in which case WOOOOOSH
Correct. We've had two terrible games, Everton (where we got Dyched, just like we do every time we play him) and Newcastle (which we basically put out the B team in preparation for yesterday).

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Correct. We've had two terrible games, Everton (where we got Dyched, just like we do every time we play him) and Newcastle (which we basically put out the B team in preparation for yesterday).
Think we can include Forest as a terrible result too.

Absolutely bizarre end to the season. Beating Man Utd, recording breaking win v Wolves, and smashing Arsenal on their own turf, amongst the terrible results listed above...

Nobody could have predicted this. It was an RDZ masterclass in managing a knackered and depleted squad to get us the points when it mattered.

I'm absolutely ecstatic that this season did indeed NOT end horribly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Absolutely bizarre end to the season. Beating Man Utd, recording breaking win v Wolves, and smashing Arsenal on their own turf

Nobody could have predicted this.
Albions form and pattern of results has been pretty consistent all season. We’ve never won 3 games in a row, we’ve lost or had frustrating games well before Everton/Forest (Forest (h), Fulham (h), Brentford (h), Spurs (h)) - but they’ve been relatively rare and we usually follow up with some big wins (Chelsea, Liverpool , Man U) or some getting job done wins (Southampton, Bournemouth, Palace, Wolves).
As for “limping” home - it might feel like that - given injuries - but we’re 6th in the form table for our last 10.

The season didn’t end horribly ha ha. It just ended as @Giraffe Sterling tracker flagged months ago. on track for Europe - as the form consistently proved week after week. (Even if we lost some games )

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I agree with you Spurs/Palace decisions an utter cluster f*** by VAR. Although do we go on to win those two games? We would like to think we would have although this was not guaranteed.
Only not guaranteed because it wasn't allowed to pan out as it should. However, in all cases the likelihood must be very close to 100%. Palace only got one because sanchez gifted it, villa would have been very happy with an away draw and spurs offered nothing of note, were there for the taking.

As near to guaranteed as you'll get I think.

Stumpy Tim

Albions form and pattern of results has been pretty consistent all season. We’ve never won 3 games in a row, we’ve lost or had frustrating games well before Everton/Forest (Forest (h), Fulham (h), Brentford (h), Spurs (h)) - but they’ve been relatively rare and we usually follow up with some big wins (Chelsea, Liverpool , Man U) or some getting job done wins (Southampton, Bournemouth, Palace, Wolves).
As for “limping” home - it might feel like that - given injuries - but we’re 6th in the form table for our last 10.

The season didn’t end horribly ha ha. It just ended as @Giraffe Sterling tracker flagged months ago. on track for Europe - as the form consistently proved week after week. (Even if we lost some games )
I think we've won the following game after our last EIGHT defeats. Astonishing stat

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hopefully we are now a professional club. The players won’t go pissing it up down West Street and we will turn up for the last 2 games 🤣

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Absolutely bizarre end to the season. Beating Man Utd, recording breaking win v Wolves, and smashing Arsenal on their own turf, amongst the terrible results listed above...

Nobody could have predicted this. It was an RDZ masterclass in managing a knackered and depleted squad to get us the points when it mattered.

I'm absolutely ecstatic that this season did indeed NOT end horribly.
Nobody could have predicted this - you might have to expand on that one.

Finished 9th last season and finished brilliantly, and we started this season with the same form. When we beat Leicester 5-2, was there anyone who wasn't thinking Europe was achievable? Okay, the 'blip' happened, RDZ at first stalled, then put some rocket fuel in the tank, but this side and these players - certainly the bookies have been predicting it most of the season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Correct. We've had two terrible games, Everton (where we got Dyched, just like we do every time we play him) and Newcastle (which we basically put out the B team in preparation for yesterday)……
…..(where we got Howed, just like we do every time we play him).

Reactions: A1X

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Finished 9th last season and finished brilliantly, and we started this season with the same form. When we beat Leicester 5-2, was there anyone who wasn't thinking Europe was achievable? Okay, the 'blip' happened, RDZ at first stalled, then put some rocket fuel in the tank, but this side and these players - certainly the bookies have been predicting it most of the season.
The Leicester victory was only six games in. Spurs were 3rd and Villa were 17th at that stage. Fulham had already shown the league the blueprint to negate Potterball. Most people were certainly looking at the 40 point mark at that stage and Europe was only being mentioned in jest.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I had a look at some of the pre-season predictions:

BBC: 11th
442 mag: 11th
The Guardian: 12th

[Interesting to see how many predicted Spurs for top 3, Leicester top 8, and Fulham to go down!]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I had a look at some of the pre-season predictions:

BBC: 11th
442 mag: 11th
The Guardian: 12th

[Interesting to see how many predicted Spurs for top 3, Leicester top 8, and Fulham to go down!]
Shows how impossible it is to predict. As regards 442 mag, you may as well have a someone sticking pins in a list of teams. I'm not sure how they are taken seriously.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Precisely and we could still conceivably pick up another point, 3 perhaps or even 4 which would certainly not constitute limping over the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here