Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I pray Leeds go up!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
we need leeds to go up; the league will be to tough for us if they dont

Bull.

Why do people keep peddling this? If Leeds don't go up it will be the third season they have choked. They will lose at least one of their key players.

We were a minute away from 3 points at elland road, at withdean they were facing a team coming to terms with a new manager, and poor home form. That won;t be the case next year. We have generally good results against them in recent games.

Them not going up won't make it any more difficult than it would otherwise be.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The days of us having managers poached are long gone unless its a big big club and leeds are not that.We have huge ambitions and probably more money than leeds.Christ get over it some people:glare:

Poyet turned down leeds once before anyway:facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We may be able to cope with Leeds but it is pretty obvious by their results that most other sides cant and if anybody leaves they will replace them with somebody as good.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We may be able to cope with Leeds but it is pretty obvious by their results that most other sides cant and if anybody leaves they will replace them with somebody as good.

You mean teams like Wycombe, Exeter, Walsall, Swindon, Leyton Orient, Hartlepool, Huddersfield, Southampton, Brentford, who have all taken points off of Leeds since January?

They won't replace Beckford with someone as good without the financial backing, which by all accounts, bates isn't supplying.

They aren't the big insurmountable beast that people make them out to be.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If Leeds don't go up it will because three teams are better than them. So go up or stay down the league only gets more difficult if the sides coming down are better than those going up. Peterborough, Plymouth and hopefully Palace are clearly not better teams than Norwich, Millwall, Charlton or Leeds.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
we need leeds to go up; the league will be to tough for us if they dont

Complete bollocks. Are they Real Madrid? How exactly are they relevant to our promotion push next season? Why are so many hung up on this 'Leeds must get promoted' bollox? As long as we beat the teams in front of us we won't have a problem. As said above, we've done alright against Leeds in the past and they will probably lose Beckford and others if they don't go up. They're a third tier football team like us, nothing more, nothing less and I for one would love it if they choked this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Ah, OK.

I suppose you could argue that Pardew has been sheltered by the points deduction, and has used it to camouflage any inadequacies in his team. He does use it as an excuse fairly regularly.

To look at it objectively, Southampton have spent millions on players (Lambert, Barnard, that defender from Palace) and even if you added their ten points back on, they would still be outside the play off zone, albeit only by two points.

Of the other relegated clubs, Norwich are likely to be champions, and Charlton are only three points from automatic promotion despite spending very little. Which therefore suggests that Southampton have in fact under-achieved this season. Especially as they like to tell everyone what a big club they are.

Yes, now I've had time to reconsider, they can sack Pardew immediately. Or at least as a result of us beating them (again) on Thursday. He just loves the Albion, doesn't he? :lolol:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Complete bollocks. Are they Real Madrid? How exactly are they relevant to our promotion push next season? Why are so many hung up on this 'Leeds must get promoted' bollox? As long as we beat the teams in front of us we won't have a problem. As said above, we've done alright against Leeds in the past and they will probably lose Beckford and others if they don't go up. They're a third tier football team like us, nothing more, nothing less and I for one would love it if they choked this season.

Spot on.

I don't give a shit who is in this division next season. If we are good enough we will get promoted, simples.

wilbar

Aug 15, 2005
Herts
Slightly off the thread I Dont want Leeds to go up and I dont think there all that ..the issue was will they poach Gus if they dont go up and would he go..I hate to say it but I am not 100% that he would stay if they came calling..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Slightly off the thread I Dont want Leeds to go up and I dont think there all that ..the issue was will they poach Gus if they dont go up and would he go..I hate to say it but I am not 100% that he would stay if they came calling..

I hear what you are saying, and there is always that danger. I assume Tony Bloom has made Gus aware of future team investment, next season and beyond. Along with the new stadium and progression on the playing field let's hope Gus is here for at least another couple of seasons. :)

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
I pray that one day people will stop starting threads about this shitty club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here