Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I pray Leeds go up!!

wilbar

Aug 15, 2005
Herts
I have no inside info my best mates Mums brothers uncle has not given me any info but if Leeds do not go up I have a bad feeling Grayson gets the boot and they come looking for Poyet?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Well then we see what type of manager Gus is won't it. if he stays with us and shows loyalty to the team that gave him a chance at managment then it shows he's got integrety. If he chooses Leeds then we know he's a c**t.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Well then we see what type of manager Gus is won't it. if he stays with us and shows loyalty to the team that gave him a chance at managment then it shows he's got integrety. If he chooses Leeds then we know he's a c**t.

Well said. I agree.

I hope Leeds stay down. It is a good trip up to Elland Road.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm honestly not sure Poyet would go if Leeds came calling anyway. I'm sure I recall him saying something in the past about how he felt Leeds crapped on him after Wise left. If that's the case, it would take a lot of swallowed pride to go back. Plus we're the club that took a gamble and trusted him with his first proper managerial job. I *think* he would have some loyalty to us on that basis (especially now the stadium is only a year or so away).

I'd be more worried if I was a Norwich City fan. Paul Lambert looks to have done a superb job, and will get them promoted soon...just in time for Celtic to come knocking and offer him their managerial vacancy at the end of the season.

wilbar

Aug 15, 2005
Herts
As a Brighton fan of course I think we are the better option but...Leeds are already a big club (we will be again I am sure but may take 10 more years) Leeds have 25k+ gates (sure we will but may take 5 years) all I am saying is Gus is obviously ambitious he has not hidden that fact and Leeds (whatever we think of them) are still a big club.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't understand.
Poyet left to become Ramos' number 2 at Spurs a good 3 months before Wise quit.

Hmmm, could be wrong, but I was sure I remembered him saying something. Maybe it wasn't Leeds. Didn't their fans give him a bit of stick when we played there?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was talk of Pardew getting the sack, I hope this is true as it will dent there chances.

Why would Pardew get sacked? He signed Rickie Lambert, has got them into an OK position, has a ready made excuse for failure anyway by way of the points deduction, and unless things have gone completely tits up since I last checked the score, has just led them to JPT success at Wembley.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why would Pardew get sacked? He signed Rickie Lambert, has got them into an OK position, has a ready made excuse for failure anyway by way of the points deduction, and unless things have gone completely tits up since I last checked the score, has just led them to JPT success at Wembley.

The chairman wanted promotion this season....:facepalm:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It looks like Poyet is being given a free hand regarding players and is building a team for the future.
He seems to be thinking long term, I hope he is looking at the teams that did not gives his management a fair chance and thumbing his nose and he hopefully is determined to get us to the Championship within two seasons to prove a point.
After that it will depend what the offer is on the table.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
As a Brighton fan of course I think we are the better option but...Leeds are already a big club (we will be again I am sure but may take 10 more years) Leeds have 25k+ gates (sure we will but may take 5 years) all I am saying is Gus is obviously ambitious he has not hidden that fact and Leeds (whatever we think of them) are still a big club.

I think he will stay with us until he has brought success (f*** it, he could take us all the way to the prem!). And what would be more of an achievement: Leading us into Falmer and building a successful club; or managing Leeds fumbling year after year in league 1, and where there is even more pressure to succeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here