Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I needed that, now I'm over it and wish Potter the best

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Had a good old boo today, have had no time for Potter and delighted we smashed him today. That's the closure I needed, that's the humiliation for Potter and his team that he needed, and now I'm good.

Now I can happily say I appreciate his role in our journey, I wish him the best as a young English manager, and I hope he gets the England job one day. But by god we needed today, thank you De Zerbi, Trossard, Mitoma, Estupinan, Sanchez, Caicedo, MacAllister, Dunk, heck all 15 of them and all of you in the stands :thumbsup:
Exactly how I feel. What a great day and I haven't booo'd so much since I used to take my kids to the pantomime :clap:

4 goals, 'Sacked in the morning' and boooing Ben Roberts warming up Mendy at half time, my personal highlights :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent manager, but at a terrible football club, so I can't ever wish him well. A club which buys its way to whatever it wants, a club that worships John Terry, a club with a significant number of very unpleasant people amongst their fan base, who have a depressing history of racism and who in 2022 are still walking around the Amex singing "Brighton gay boys, Brighton gay boys" (I witnessed that myself today), a club whose chairman thinks he can just walk into English football and start up crap like the All Star game, a club who tried to walk away from the Premier League out of sheer GREED to form a European Super League.

And they will try again.

They are despicable. I am over the moon to have beaten them. And I don't actually hate Potter- I'm full of respect for what he did for us. But I wish him a miserable failure in his current role simply because of where it is.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Excellent manager, but at a terrible football club, so I can't ever wish him well. A club which buys its way to whatever it wants, a club that worships John Terry, a club with a significant number of very unpleasant people amongst their fan base, who have a depressing history of racism and who in 2022 are still walking around the Amex singing "Brighton gay boys, Brighton gay boys" (I witnessed that myself today), a club whose chairman thinks he can just walk into English football and start up crap like the All Star game, a club who tried to walk away from the Premier League out of sheer GREED to form a European Super League.

And they will try again.

They are despicable. I am over the moon to have beaten them. And I don't actually hate Potter- I'm full of respect for what he did for us. But I wish him a miserable failure in his current role simply because of where it is.
Wow !!
Sounds like you dislike Chelsea more than Portsmouth Edna !

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
At least you wish him well. Biblical amounts of vitriol on Chelsea forum for him. Oh well, never mind!

I rarely read other clubs' forums, but thanks for posting. Can't stand them. And that just shows that they're clueless, the entitled twats.
They don't like Potter playing wing backs is the core theme, although they haven't understood how he deploys them, whereas this explains it and might jog our memories and capture that brilliant period from that Arsenal away game onwards:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had a good old boo today, have had no time for Potter and delighted we smashed him today. That's the closure I needed, that's the humiliation for Potter and his team that he needed, and now I'm good.

Now I can happily say I appreciate his role in our journey, I wish him the best as a young English manager, and I hope he gets the England job one day. But by god we needed today, thank you De Zerbi, Trossard, Mitoma, Estupinan, Sanchez, Caicedo, MacAllister, Dunk, heck all 15 of them and all of you in the stands :thumbsup:
I’m not sure about wishing him luck, but it’s the last I want to hear of us banging on about Potter and Chelsea. Time to talk about Brighton and De Zerbi. The Potter chapter in our book is finished

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After today I’ve moved on….ta ta

903D2B39-F4FF-4E8F-9461-3DF97D154ED7.jpeg

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I feel a sense of closure now, a lot of my anger has gone. We stuffed his team , made them look poor.
We have made our point and I can move on. GP is yesterday’s man and we look forward. RDZ out manoeuvred him . I love our manager’s enthusiasm, it must be infectious to the players .
I cannot wish GP well, but now a cool indifference.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The daft thing is that I still feel a bit protective of him reading that, part of me wants to go on there and defend him...!
The entitled vitriol after 9 unbeaten until yesterday, going from bottom to top of their Champions League group, is staggering.

Another two defeats on the bounce and I really do believe GP could be toast, however much time Boehly said he had. New owner, new manager are both going to find it going very toxic very quickly if things go badly now.

I can see GP and his cohorts regretting their decision to jump ship before the season is over

I too feel a bit sorry for him, and I hope I have shaken off my annoyance at him, Bruno and Roberts now.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I rarely read other clubs' forums, but thanks for posting. Can't stand them. And that just shows that they're clueless, the entitled twats.
They don't like Potter playing wing backs is the core theme, although they haven't understood how he deploys them, whereas this explains it and might jog our memories and capture that brilliant period from that Arsenal away game onwards:

he’s got Billy Reid working on the pictures as it’s not getting through verbally

seaford

Feb 8, 2007

I totally agree with this.
I have officially moved on.
Many more results like that he will be jumping at the chance of replacing Fraudgate after the WC.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That sums it up perfectly. I hate the Palace games when we do badly and the Amex turns into a cathedral of hate. It was different yesterday. I am more than happy to say that possibly for the first time in my life I booed. It was Panto at its finest. And we smashed them. And hopefully that's it.

Enjoying radio 5 now - feature on the game....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here