[Albion] I needed that, now I'm over it and wish Potter the best

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I totally agree with this.
I have officially moved on.
Many more results like that he will be jumping at the chance of replacing Fraudgate after the WC.
At least you wish him well. Biblical amounts of vitriol on Chelsea forum for him. Oh well, never mind!

If I were a Chelsea supporter, this would be me:

If I were.PNG

Love the Marty Feldman user pic too :bowdown:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Potter and his team arguably "did what they had to do" when the megabucks offer came in from a Champions League team.

And yesterday the supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion did what we had to do too.

We made the experience of returning to the Amex as unpleasant and unwelcoming as we could because we wanted that win so badly. We're not really interested in Graham Potter's post-Albion career trajectory. We only care about our club.

Nothing personal, Graham, if I met you in a pub I'd probably offer to buy you a beer. But you should have known what awaited you yesterday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Potter and his team arguably "did what they had to do" when the megabucks offer came in from a Champions League team.

And yesterday the supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion did what we had to do too.

We made the experience of returning to the Amex as unpleasant and unwelcoming as we could because we wanted that win so badly. We're not really interested in Graham Potter's post-Albion career trajectory. We only care about our club.

Nothing personal, Graham, if I met you in a pub I'd probably offer to buy you a beer. But you should have known what awaited you yesterday.
Bollocks to buying him a beer. He's the one who f***ed off to one paying millions, taking half our infrastructure with him.

I'm getting tired of all this closure nonsense. Potter remains an absolute nob in my eyes.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
All that booing was so childish, but I guess that's what football fans are about. How many of those booing would have turned down a job opportunity which was going to double or triple their salary? Anyone?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Had a good old boo today, have had no time for Potter and delighted we smashed him today. That's the closure I needed, that's the humiliation for Potter and his team that he needed, and now I'm good.

Now I can happily say I appreciate his role in our journey, I wish him the best as a young English manager, and I hope he gets the England job one day. But by god we needed today, thank you De Zerbi, Trossard, Mitoma, Estupinan, Sanchez, Caicedo, MacAllister, Dunk, heck all 15 of them and all of you in the stands :thumbsup:
Agree, but I'll hate him all over again if he comes back for Tross, Caicedo, Mac Allister and/or Sanchez in January.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That sums it up perfectly. I hate the Palace games when we do badly and the Amex turns into a cathedral of hate. It was different yesterday. I am more than happy to say that possibly for the first time in my life I booed. It was Panto at its finest. And we smashed them. And hopefully that's it.

Enjoying radio 5 now - feature on the game....
So you voted “don’t be a twat” in the poll and then became a twat once you arrived at the Amex? :lolol:

I did notice Palace and at least one Albion fan who is actually an Arsenal fan first also voted “don’t be a twat” but I discounted their votes :wink: I hope the others were suitably embarrassed and pissed off with the volume and longevity of the boos. It was fecking brilliant imo :shrug:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He’s losing their fan base already, but like all the other top 6 entitled fans they will turn back to him if he can turn it around. Arsenal fans wanted Arteta deported 6 months ago.

Early days but I actually think Potter might have done us a massive favour (which he deserves no credit for as it wasn’t his reason for doing it) in leaving as RDZ is going to be an absolute hero here. He went for ‘attack is best form of defence’ yesterday when I’ve no doubt at all that Potter would have looked to sit on 3-1.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Both Potter and De Zerbi mentioned the atmosphere of the crowd in their post match interviews.

I wonder what we would be like if we could bottle that? It clearly made a difference.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I share the sentiment, as long as he doesn't try and take Trossard and Caicedo in January, in which case he can do one again. I absolutely glory in the result. But the whole Potter/Chelsea episode is purely a symptom of the disease, which will reach the most vomit-inducing apex in Qatar in a few weeks.

That is the fact that our game is permanently on sale to any obscenely rich individual with no knowlege or love for it and/or any nation state with a grotesque human rights record prepared to pay/bribe for it. And, once the purchase is made, any manager/player/backroom staff member within that game, apparently without exception, considers going to work for such an individual or state, regardless of the poisonous nature of the club or national football association he is joining, to be 'bettering himself', simply because he will earn an even more astronomical amount than he is already.
Potter is an incredibly intelligent and insightful man and I really thought he was an exception to that.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He’s losing their fan base already, but like all the other top 6 entitled fans they will turn back to him if he can turn it around. Arsenal fans wanted Arteta deported 6 months ago.

Early days but I actually think Potter might have done us a massive favour (which he deserves no credit for as it wasn’t his reason for doing it) in leaving as RDZ is going to be an absolute hero here. He went for ‘attack is best form of defence’ yesterday when I’ve no doubt at all that Potter would have looked to sit on 3-1.
There was a comment on here yesterday (I think a media quote) during the game on the lines of

“Despite being two-nill up Brighton aren’t letting up, they simply don’t care and want more”

Glorious!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with the OP. It was all good for BHAFC but I think it was even better than we realise, a reminder about how loud, vical support can affect a result. Chelsea have punched us in the face and yesterday we fought back strongly, As a club we have been guilty of being too nice. Indeed, there were those that normally don't sing that were doing so yesterday. Long may that continue.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Good post , op.
Potter will get one over us in the future , for sure .
But yesterday was beautiful and will always be ours.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had a good old boo today, have had no time for Potter and delighted we smashed him today. That's the closure I needed, that's the humiliation for Potter and his team that he needed, and now I'm good.

Now I can happily say I appreciate his role in our journey, I wish him the best as a young English manager, and I hope he gets the England job one day. But by god we needed today, thank you De Zerbi, Trossard, Mitoma, Estupinan, Sanchez, Caicedo, MacAllister, Dunk, heck all 15 of them and all of you in the stands :thumbsup:
As long as they don’t come back and try to poach anyone I’d agree… oh, what happened in the week?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here