I know this sounds like bollocks but

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Nemesis said:
Care to elaborate on that a bit for those of us outside the inner sanctum because I have no idea what/who you are referring to?

Hear hear.

From what little I know courtesy of this thread, 2 people are being laid off (redundancy) from the club shop / ticket office.

That sounds like the current business world to me whereby the switch from High Street shopping to the internet is happening at such a pace, that retail jobs - certainly in smallish outlets - are under threat like no other.

We now sell our tickets over the internet, I renewed my season ticket over the net, I visit the "virtual World" of the club shop on line, I never actually go into the shop. That is how retail is going, and a football club such as ours is in a very good position for it's internet business, as we largely know the products we are after, so there is no need to touch or feel the product, and we have a website with tonnes of hits. People go onto the qwebsite for news, reports, information, so we have our customer base already within one click of the online shop.

The cold harsh business reality is that the retail outlet is a dated concept, and if we are winding down the operation it doesn't surprise me in the least.

As for the other things that are being referred to by the inner sanctum, I have no idea whatsoever, and unless someone enlightens the rest of us, it seems like a fairly logical cut-back on the retail operation, where most business to moving over to the net anyway. If the redundancies have been handled badly, unsympathetically or indeed are a result of a personal vendetta following being "crossed" then that is another issue. But I have not penetrated the ring of the inner sanctum, so I obviously don't know.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Trotster said:
Just had a thought - as this isnt supposed to be news for another 5 days - do you think that the people involved dont know that they are about to me made redundant but everyone else on NSC does???????

Unless they read NSC of course, and now they are well aware that they are about to be made redundatn :glare:

and why would dtg know about it before anyone else ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Without doubt - in my opinion this one of the least constructive threads in recent times. I'm not having a go at DTG here as I'm sure many of us would/have done the same thing. However,regrettably, what has followed will do no good for anyone. I dont know exactly what has gone and and all the ins and outs just like I would reckon 95% of those who've posted on here, but it hasn't stopped us all having a bit of specualtion and also some insults along the way.

So what we're left with is a situation where however badly or well the matter has been handled, it has been brought into the public arena and another employee whoever they may be has been implicated in the decision process. Whether that last bit is accurate or not is actually irrelevant in my view.

I know we all want to know about what happens on the pitch and at times we feel we should know more about the running of the club but when it comes to the careers and departures of individuals who are not part of the playing side and with the comments and digs bandied around, in my opinion, NOBODY comes out of this very well. Including me who posted earlier on on the thread.

I'm sure those involved must be really chuffed that this has taken up so much webspace - not so much the feelings of support for them but moreover the speculation and public analysis of their jobs.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Harty said:
DTG have you dropped a tab or something?

Loosen up baby:lolol:

:lolol:

Oh dear.

Member of inner sanctum + drugs reference.

Do you have ANY idea what you've just done Harty?
Are you byf in disguise?

Albion Rob

Oh dear.

If ever a football club got the message board it deserved, it was Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

I have no opinion on the issue at hand other than to hope that those laid off by the club were done so as sensitively as possible and that they go on to find other jobs.

Interesting points raised by the people who noted the lack of 'friendliness' at the club shop - I think football warps things to a large extent. When was the last time you got a friendly hello when you walked into HMV or Gamleys? Also, in many ways, I preferred it. I'd sooner have that than some young sexpot making me feel a million dollars for about 30 seconds while fleecing me of my cash and stuffing some godforsaken piece of replica wear into a bag. I'm sure that's what goes on at the Arsenal Megastore or whatever. The products at the Albion speak for themselves (unfortunartely).

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Has dtg actually said two members of staff being made redundant is the reason he started this long long long thread ?. If so why would that make you give up on the albion (only if we dont get Falmer).

Albion Rob

seven stands said:
Has dtg actually said two members of staff being made redundant is the reason he started this long long long thread ?. If so why would that make you give up on the albion (only if we dont get Falmer).

I think one of the people who seems to be getting made redundant is a close personal friend of Dave's.

Say what you like about him (and a lot of people on here seem to ahve done) but he is certainly passiote when he feels there is an injustice.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Albion Rob said:
I think one of the people who seems to be getting made redundant is a close personal friend of Dave's.

Say what you like about him (and a lot of people on here seem to ahve done) but he is certainly passiote when he feels there is an injustice.

wasnt saying anything about dtg (never met him so cant) was just wondering without going tough 17 pages if two people have been layed off

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Gritt23 said:

Oh dear.

Member of inner sanctum + drugs reference.

Do you have ANY idea what you've just done Harty?
Are you byf in disguise?

Not really

Just returned home after a theatre break in London with Mrs H, Mama Mia, go see it, top quality, and I go on NSC to find Dave is auditioning for the local production of 'One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest'

We now number 17 pages, from one cryptic post, someone please contact Doris Stokes who in turn can rustle up Norris and Ross because I firmly believe some kind of record has been set here.

WTF is going on?

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
i hope the two ladies dont read this and think they have been sacked and in turn hand in their notice before dick "sacks" em. You have all put two ladies out of a job :nono:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dave, it may be bad news, but there is no point saying 'f*** Falmer' etc etc, because the club more or less know that the decision is in the bag. FACT.

I expect with 22,000 tickets to sell, the club will go down the sensible route of the internet and ticket agencies.

Falmer will probably change a lot of things about this club, but lets face it, any amount of redundancies are bad, but a VERY small price to pay to get awat from SHITdean and the small club mentality that drags the club from one financial crisis to the next.

xx

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ernest said:
How many days till we know as I've lost track :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have to keep going back to the original post to remember what the f*** he said.:(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm not buying it on principle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports