I know this sounds like bollocks but

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gritt23 said:
I reckon it has to be something whereby the club are mercilessly screwing us for more money for something.

Although there is another year left on the home shirt, are they making a slight change to the badge to make all of our BHA merchandising, including current home shirt, out of date overnight?

That would annoy me.

Because you'd just HAVE to buy it?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Don't get me started on the club shop....

Oh OK then....

Personally I'm glad the club has had the guts to do it. I have NEVER seen the older shop staff looking HAPPY in their work, HAPPY to serve you or even HAPPY generally. Sometimes these things are for the best for all concerned.

When I lived out of Brighton I used to look forward to going into the club shop but it has never been any less than a thoroughly depressing experience due to the staff. You ALWAYS felt that you were a bit of nuisance getting in the way of whatever else they had to do. Or there was some sort of dreadful - "it's not my turn I served the last one" looks exchanged between them.

I'm sure they are lovely people. I'm sure they are big Albion fans. I'm sorry for their recent tragedies. But it was last century customer service, the kind you only get from people over fifty, I'm sorry to say.

Rant over.....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Gritt23 said:
I reckon it has to be something whereby the club are mercilessly screwing us for more money for something.

Although there is another year left on the home shirt, are they making a slight change to the badge to make all of our BHA merchandising, including current home shirt, out of date overnight?

That would annoy me.
No, it's not that.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Lush said:
I'm sorry for their recent tragedies. But it was last century customer service, the kind you only get from people over fifty, I'm sorry to say.

*wakes up from post-lunch snooze*

........... you are joking ......................... the "it's not my turn" is praticed by bored retail staff of all ages.

Lush said:

Oh OK then....

Personally I'm glad the club has had the guts to do it. I have NEVER seen the older shop staff looking HAPPY in their work, HAPPY to serve you or even HAPPY generally. Sometimes these things are for the best for all concerned.

When I lived out of Brighton I used to look forward to going into the club shop but it has never been any less than a thoroughly depressing experience due to the staff. You ALWAYS felt that you were a bit of nuisance getting in the way of whatever else they had to do. Or there was some sort of dreadful - "it's not my turn I served the last one" looks exchanged between them.

I'm sure they are lovely people. I'm sure they are big Albion fans. I'm sorry for their recent tragedies. But it was last century customer service, the kind you only get from people over fifty, I'm sorry to say.

Rant over.....

I'm so glad that there are people who frequent this board more miserable than me. Comforting.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Large One said:
No, it's not that.

In which case I'm really struggling for anything that doesn't affect the playing side, which will bother me anywhere near as much as it appears to bother DTG.

Is it something and nothing, and DTG is just setting himself up for criticism, a posting of THAT picture for being a big girls blouse, and then a flounce?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Lush said:

Rant over.....

It's not only you, myself and my wife had similar experiences with the shop.

The problem is that the club didn't really have to work too hard at customer service for the first three or four years at Withdean as there was huge demand for anything albion related, whether it was clothes, books or DVD's (when they ever got finished), there was always a huge queue of people gagging for the stuff. They had taken it for granted and now things have taken a bit of a downturn they are struggling.

I'd say the same is true of the marketing dept as in my experience of them, over three years ago now granted, was that they were truly awful in as much as my company at the time were trying to spend money on advertising/sponsorship but found it incredibly hard to get them round to organising anything.

Lack of funds never excuses lack of professionalism and I found these areas of the club were always rather amateur to be honest.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gritt23 said:
Is it something and nothing, and DTG is just setting himself up for criticism, a posting of THAT picture for being a big girls blouse, and then a flounce?

Just to clarify, I'm not meaning DTG is deliberating trying to evoke that reaction / scenario, I'm just wondering if that is how it will go, IF, the news isn't quite of the magnitude people are expecting.

Anyone who things DTG is a man for wind-ups, doesn't know him very well. That was NOT what I was saying.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Gritt23 said:
Just to clarify, I'm not meaning DTG is deliberating trying to evoke that reaction / scenario, I'm just wondering if that is how it will go, IF, the news isn't quite of the magnitude people are expecting.

Anyone who things DTG is a man for wind-ups, doesn't know him very well. That was NOT what I was saying.

...................... so what exactly are you saying ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They are going to breath test people like drink drivers who they suspect of being under the influence of alchole.If you fail you don't get in.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have heard, even way down here in the West Country, that there will be a restriction of some sort to keep the abusers away from the players on the south side, ie a fence/partition along the track on match days........... but hey what do I know?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Spot on.

DTG = arse.

(Anybody who calls themselves 'The Gaffer' is an Arse anyway)

Either post what you know or don't post at all. What an attention seeking cock of the highest order.

Personally I'm just sorry for the people who appear to be losing their jobs.
Spot on.

Who is this Dave the Gaffer bloke anyway?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
somerset said:
I have heard, even way down here in the West Country, that there will be a restriction of some sort to keep the abusers away from the players on the south side, ie a fence/partition along the track on match days........... but hey what do I know?

Are they going to issue the players with ear plugs because thats the only way they won`t hear the abuse if they carry on like the back part of last season.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Lush said:

Oh OK then....

Rant over.....

You silly, stupid, pathetic young person. Typical of Thatchers children. Do what I like; Say what I like; How I bloody like and To hell with who gets in the way. NUMBER ONE FIRST AND LAST AT ALL TIMES!

You dare to gloss over "their recent tragedies." You stupid bitch. It's obvious if those same tragedies happened to you, you would go under.

So when you went in to the shop instead of treating you like Lady Muck they treated you like the common little upstart that you are. You've had a chip on your shoulder ever since. I don't visit this board very often, but when I do you seem to always be relating to it.

Well let me tell you that you were never treated badly by either Julie or Pat.

They were two members of the shop staff who were sought out by customers because they gave such good service. Their sackings under the guise of redundancies have nothing to do with cost-cutting. Instead, an employee has got his/her way at the club for the umpteenth time because Julie and Pat dared to cross him/her. This action has gone back to the days of Bellotti.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
on that note............. i'm off..:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports