Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know I must be sounding like a right bore......with Paul Barber reply

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anyone been turned down for specific tickets, 2 months in advance? (genuine question)

I was using that very eclectic example as HB's original restaurant is probably one of the hardest things to obtain tickets for, and yet at the right time with a bit of luck you can still stroll in to a table with one hours notice.

As for your other points, then we're just back in the territory NSC is in complete agreement on.

Which just goes to show how wrong it is!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I know I must be sounding like a right bore......

I don't even believe it is as much as that at present. My understanding, is that is what we are allowed, should we put in all of the seats.

30750 sounds about right. We had 30k v wolves last year, so with about half a block either side of away fans for segregation, that would account for the 750 unsold.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
30750 sounds about right. We had 30k v wolves last year, so with about half a block either side of away fans for segregation, that would account for the 750 unsold.

The announced attendance at the match was 30,003 but they revised it to under 30k later :smile:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't believe that is how it works, certainly not x amount of days before the event.

Tickets always become available for everything right up until the event starts.

The easiest way into Heston Wotsits restaurant, that has a 3 month waiting list and is booked out within minutes of the lines opening for the following quarter, is to ring at 11:30 the day you want to go.

Because tickets/seats always become available, a call to the ticket office (of course assuming they are saying 'try again on Wednesday') would sort that out.

Once again lets not forget the tickets for this game did go on sale IN SEPTEMBER.

I've read through all of this thread and you're spectacularly missing the point that pretty much everyone else is trying to explain to you over and over again!

You are clearly battle hardened in the art of getting tickets for events, I'd say most of us on NSC probably are so we are all irrelevant in this argument because the balance of probability says we've already have tickets or are STH or would check again closer to the match.

This thread is all about the casual fan, you might not want to believe it but most people in that bracket will see a sign saying "tickets unavailable" and assume that to be the truth and not check again. I'm not bothered about them personally, I'm bothered about the club losing business and potential new fans. Their problem you might say, but if there's 500 people doing it every game then it quickly becomes the club's problem.

I've read through all of this thread and you're spectacularly missing the point that pretty much everyone else is trying to explain to you over and over again!

You are clearly battle hardened in the art of getting tickets for events, I'd say most of us on NSC probably are so we are all irrelevant in this argument because the balance of probability says we've already have tickets or are STH or would check again closer to the match.

This thread is all about the casual fan, you might not want to believe it but most people in that bracket will see a sign saying "tickets unavailable" and assume that to be the truth and not check again. I'm not bothered about them personally, I'm bothered about the club losing business and potential new fans. Their problem you might say, but if there's 500 people doing it every game then it quickly becomes the club's problem.

You have just perfectly put into words what I have been trying to say for the past 30 hours.

Very good post sir

May 17, 2011
1066 country
You have just perfectly put into words what I have been trying to say for the past 30 hours.

Very good post sir

Spot on, If it wasn't for nsc & this post I would be spending my money this weekend watching a non league game, as sold out does mean to me sold out. Unfortuatly I would be a season ticket holder but with my job I have to work most Saturdays, Thanks to everyone here concerned & have a great xmas. :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

There's a huge difference between missing a point, spectacularly or otherwise, and arguing against the point.

We all seem to be pretty much in agreement that the ticketing system is wrong.
It's not a 'glitch'.
As KC said 'it's been like this all season', and obviously will continue so.

My only argument on this thread is directed at the 'hundreds' of people not being proactive about the "tickets unavailable" sign.
(the fact that obviously it shouldn't be there in the first place gets us all back to agreement again)

I doubt the numbers involved and the perceived half-hearted attempt at ticket buying, that is all.

If we all agreed this board wouldn't exist.
I'm quite happy to be paddling against the stream, on this one.
But I did not miss any points, I just don't agree with one aspect of the whole debate.

Fortunately it seems to be coming to a close now anyway.
So till the next time the 'glitch' appears (Leeds 25.01.14), it's been emotional. :lol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Re: I know I must be sounding like a right bore......

Leeds should be a cracker.

Now they could bring 3000. Think first time they will have visited on a Saturday and they are going well

It will be moved from the Saturday if either us or Leeds win our 3rd round FA Cup ties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here