Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know I must be sounding like a right bore......with Paul Barber reply

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
... and those that might have to travel a distance and make plans.

It's nothing to do with late returns, unwanted sponsors etc but who knows why?

A group of 4/5 wanting to get tickets together, can't and so abandon the idea. Then the day before they all magically appear when it's too late or too late to organise

Agreed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But we've had this before, not with Kingcole, but someone was moaning on (justifiably) how tickets always appear on Wednesday.
They can always get to the game, they always bought their tickets on Wednesday, but that didn't stop the Monday moan about ticket availability.

As much as I seem to be in the minority with Acker, I'm still not buying 'one peak and never looking again', because of the emotional trauma further disappointment may cause.

I wanted to go to the Olympic Velodrome, days of refreshing, then 5 hours before that days racing started, a few tickets appeared. (The fact I wasn't logged in and have a card too hand, so it was all for nothing, says more about me being a nubbin than a drawback of the system)
But because I wanted to go, I jolly well tried to go, and had I not been a moron I would have gone.

As wrong as not releasing all the available tickets is, if you're going to just look once, and refuse to look again, then you've got to wonder if they really wanted to go, in the first place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
... and those that might have to travel a distance and make plans.

It's nothing to do with late returns, unwanted sponsors etc but who knows why?

A group of 4/5 wanting to get tickets together, can't and so abandon the idea. Then the day before they all magically appear when it's too late or too late to organise
Once again, I don't agree with the drip drip drip release of tickets.

But the tickets for Huddersfield have been on sale since the 9th of September, surely 3 months is enough time to organise.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Without reading all the posts I have just tested the system and could have bought 4 seats together in South Stand for the Huddersfield match on Saturday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Without reading all the posts I have just tested the system and could have bought 4 seats together in South Stand for the Huddersfield match on Saturday.

If you had read it you would have seen it announced half way through the thread that some tickets had been released for sale this evening.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
[MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION], I enjoy reading your ticket threads and no doubt the non posting Albion fans enjoy them as well. We like to think of you as the ticket master and keep everyone updated and in the know on what is going on.

You're not boring, far from it :)

:kiss::wink:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
That is the line they roll out each time, but history must tell them that there have NEVER been that many sponsors who've taken that allocation, NEVER been that many guests/officials who have taken those seats, NEVER been more demand for the away support over what we have offered them. They should get a grip and deal with this ridiculous situation. Put the seats on sale, it's ridiculous seeing row upon row of empty seats every week.

Not saying this is the reason but would they know which sponsors tickets, etc. definitely won't be taken and will they always be for the same seats at every match?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I've got to know, put me out of my misery.
Have Hastings Woody and Kingcole got their tickets.....it seems they have not posted, and may not have looked in since tickets mysteriously became available...i'm at my wits end here worrying that neither know of the change in circumstances...........

May 17, 2011
1066 country
Have Hastings Woody and Kingcole got their tickets.....it seems they have not posted, and may not have looked in since tickets mysteriously became available...i'm at my wits end here worrying that neither know of the change in circumstances...........

I've txt my son who is due down on Fri eve to tell him that the sold out game has suddenly become, Not sold out & to make sure that he & his girly still wants to go. No answer from him as yet.

May 17, 2011
1066 country

Not hearing from my son yet I have made the decision that I will go online in the morning when I wake,(I'm working nights) & buy the tickets if they are still available. That's his xmas pressy sorted. :smile:

But we've had this before, not with Kingcole, but someone was moaning on (justifiably) how tickets always appear on Wednesday.
They can always get to the game, they always bought their tickets on Wednesday, but that didn't stop the Monday moan about ticket availability.

As much as I seem to be in the minority with Acker, I'm still not buying 'one peak and never looking again', because of the emotional trauma further disappointment may cause.

I wanted to go to the Olympic Velodrome, days of refreshing, then 5 hours before that days racing started, a few tickets appeared. (The fact I wasn't logged in and have a card too hand, so it was all for nothing, says more about me being a nubbin than a drawback of the system)
But because I wanted to go, I jolly well tried to go, and had I not been a moron I would have gone.

As wrong as not releasing all the available tickets is, if you're going to just look once, and refuse to look again, then you've got to wonder if they really wanted to go, in the first place.

Main difference being I suspect was that the velodrome was sold out.

Whatever happens there will be close on 5000 unsold tickets come Saturday, so the fact that today people have made other arrangements due to a perceived lack of availability is totally unacceptable.

I have a season ticket already. I have a mere fetish for checking availability.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have a season ticket already. I have a mere fetish for checking availability.
Then you already know the club releases more tickets in the middle of the week, leading up to the game.
This debate has always past me by until a couple of months ago, when a fellow fetishist was having an identical moan.
When pushed he said:-
'I do know the seat I want is for sale on Wednesday, but why isn't it for sale today'.
At which point I was done with the conversation as there seemed very little point to it.

It would seem the disconnect here is the difference between what we are told and what we all know.

I guess this whole situation could be sorted by a simple header on the ticket page, once it's showing as 'sold out' saying:-

'Final batch of tickets for Saturday's game will be available from 9am Wednesday'.

Follow that up with a simple text/tweet/webpage notice, whatever, Tuesday evening and the job is done.

Then you already know the club releases more tickets in the middle of the week, leading up to the game.
This debate has always past me by until a couple of months ago, when a fellow fetishist was having an identical moan.
When pushed he said:-
'I do know the seat I want is for sale on Wednesday, but why isn't it for sale today'.
At which point I was done with the conversation as there seemed very little point to it.

It would seem the disconnect here is the difference between what we are told and what we all know.

I guess this whole situation could be sorted by a simple header on the ticket page, once it's showing as 'sold out' saying:-

'Final batch of tickets for Saturday's game will be available from 9am Wednesday'.

Follow that up with a simple text/tweet/webpage notice, whatever, Tuesday evening and the job is done.

Your reply is eminently sensible and would be a great way for the club to deal with VIP/PLAYER returns etc.

What is far from sensible is that the club have held back the full 3000 allocation for the away end, when it's clear to all that the away following this week will not be half that, and even if it was, half a block (300 circa) could have been released.

What is also far from sensible is that the same seats that are released in other areas of the ground, are the same ones every time. On further inspection, these are actually the same seats that are being offered as half season tickets, so in other words, the gaps that STH's did not buy. These are not for VIP's etc. If there are any for them, then the last place they are going to be is in the NW corner!

Finally, I think you and others forget how well informed we all. Yes, if I had a mate you wanted to go and he told me there was no availability, I would be able to point him in the right direction. We must also remember that every Albion fan (and especially not first timers) are familiar with this board or the ticket policy.

There is still a viewpoint from non attenders that it's very hard to get a ticket for an Albion game. This is a crazy view as I think only 2 or 3 have been complete sell outs in the last 2 years and even on those (bar Liverpool) tickets were still available until T-48h.

This viewpoint is further enhanced by the club not making tickets available online.

As a regular on here and with the club, I am aware of the great efforts the club are going to to sell tickets. I also know that if I turn up at Brighton station at lunchtime on Saturday, I can buy one and go to the game. Sadly, others (especially the new in take we are so keen to embrace) will not be aware of this. And had any of these, maybe planing their first visit this weekend logged on before 9pm yesterday they would not have found tickets.

These people may come back, but the chances are they will make different plans. They will also be leaving with the thought that 'if they can sell out 4 days before Christmas against Huddersfield then I'm sure every other game will be sold out too'

It's odd. It's wrong and it needs to change

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Not sure you trying to get tickets for your favourite sport in your hometown Olympics (i.e. once in a lifetime stuff) is a comparable situation to fairweather football fans deciding they want to go to a game that's 1/23 that season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure you trying to get tickets for your favourite sport in your hometown Olympics (i.e. once in a lifetime stuff) is a comparable situation to fairweather football fans deciding they want to go to a game that's 1/23 that season.
Why not?
If they are both events I REALLY wanted to go to, I would do exactly the same.

In your example it would appear this board expects the club to bend over backwards to accommodate people who don't really want to go, anyway.

Sure the club seem to be using an 'odd' approach to ticket sales.

I know I'm out of step with the 21st Century by feeling I should take responsibility for my own actions, whether that be:-
- Doing 38 in a 30mph zone.
- Parking on a double yellow and getting a ticket.
- Or in this case, doing the most I would need to do to secure a ticket.

Doing the bare minimum, and then blaming someone else for my failure, isn't really my style, but as said that seems to be coming an outdated view.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why not?
If they are both events I REALLY wanted to go to, I would do exactly the same.

In your example it would appear this board expects the club to bend over backwards to accommodate people who don't really want to go, anyway.

Sure the club seem to be using an 'odd' approach to ticket sales.

I know I'm out of step with the 21st Century by feeling I should take responsibility for my own actions, whether that be:-
- Doing 38 in a 30mph zone.
- Parking on a double yellow and getting a ticket.
- Or in this case, doing the most I would need to do to secure a ticket.

Doing the bare minimum, and then blaming someone else for my failure, isn't really my style, but as said that seems to be coming an outdated view.
Utter nonsense. You need to stop digging.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

The whole situation could actually be sorted out much quicker by the club releasing all available seats as quickly as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here