I know I must be sounding like a right bore......with Paul Barber reply

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why not?
If they are both events I REALLY wanted to go to, I would do exactly the same.

In your example it would appear this board expects the club to bend over backwards to accommodate people who don't really want to go, anyway.

Sure the club seem to be using an 'odd' approach to ticket sales.

I know I'm out of step with the 21st Century by feeling I should take responsibility for my own actions, whether that be:-
- Doing 38 in a 30mph zone.
- Parking on a double yellow and getting a ticket.
- Or in this case, doing the most I would need to do to secure a ticket.

Doing the bare minimum, and then blaming someone else for my failure, isn't really my style, but as said that seems to be coming an outdated view.

I also disagree strongly with your view when it comes to casual fans, which are not those in the know with our ticket selling quirks nor regular users of NSC.

It is simply completely ludicrous that someone logging onto the ticketing site at 9pm last night would not have seen a single pair of tickets available in the whole stadium for this Saturday's match. Many people, at that point, would have thought "that's a shame" or similar and made other plans for this Saturday instead. The opportunity will have passed.

I think it's particularly ridiculous because I sat in a Q&A with Bloom and Barber on Monday evening and they spoke about the challenges of having so many season ticket holders but an otherwise relatively small floating fan base - a subject which had been discussed at that day's board meeting. We have to give as many people as possible the opportunity to buy tickets and our bizarre sales policy does not do that. I share the frustration of others on this subject as it's completely barmy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Your reply is eminently sensible and would be a great way for the club to deal with VIP/PLAYER returns etc.

What is far from sensible is that the club have held back the full 3000 allocation for the away end, when it's clear to all that the away following this week will not be half that, and even if it was, half a block (300 circa) could have been released.

What is also far from sensible is that the same seats that are released in other areas of the ground, are the same ones every time. On further inspection, these are actually the same seats that are being offered as half season tickets, so in other words, the gaps that STH's did not buy. These are not for VIP's etc. If there are any for them, then the last place they are going to be is in the NW corner!

Finally, I think you and others forget how well informed we all. Yes, if I had a mate you wanted to go and he told me there was no availability, I would be able to point him in the right direction. We must also remember that every Albion fan (and especially not first timers) are familiar with this board or the ticket policy.

There is still a viewpoint from non attenders that it's very hard to get a ticket for an Albion game. This is a crazy view as I think only 2 or 3 have been complete sell outs in the last 2 years and even on those (bar Liverpool) tickets were still available until T-48h.

This viewpoint is further enhanced by the club not making tickets available online.

As a regular on here and with the club, I am aware of the great efforts the club are going to to sell tickets. I also know that if I turn up at Brighton station at lunchtime on Saturday, I can buy one and go to the game. Sadly, others (especially the new in take we are so keen to embrace) will not be aware of this. And had any of these, maybe planing their first visit this weekend logged on before 9pm yesterday they would not have found tickets.

These people may come back, but the chances are they will make different plans. They will also be leaving with the thought that 'if they can sell out 4 days before Christmas against Huddersfield then I'm sure every other game will be sold out too'

It's odd. It's wrong and it needs to change

Completely this. Spot on. It's a weird policy. I just spoke to someone in the office who got a club email or text as he went to one game last season with his son. He went to look for a seat to take his son and friend and couldn't find three seats together so gave up. He just mentioned this to me after I had read this thread, so I told him they would now be available but he has made other arrangements, and as he said they can't want me to go that much then! Yes he is a barely a fan, but it's these sort of guys that will be filling the extra 5,000 seats that we pretty much fail to fill every single match. Totally crazy way to sell tickets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The whole situation could actually be sorted out much quicker by the club releasing all available seats as quickly as possible.
Definitely.

Or told the fans more would be made available on x date.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Your reply is eminently sensible and would be a great way for the club to deal with VIP/PLAYER returns etc.

What is far from sensible is that the club have held back the full 3000 allocation for the away end, when it's clear to all that the away following this week will not be half that, and even if it was, half a block (300 circa) could have been released.

What is also far from sensible is that the same seats that are released in other areas of the ground, are the same ones every time. On further inspection, these are actually the same seats that are being offered as half season tickets, so in other words, the gaps that STH's did not buy. These are not for VIP's etc. If there are any for them, then the last place they are going to be is in the NW corner!

Finally, I think you and others forget how well informed we all. Yes, if I had a mate you wanted to go and he told me there was no availability, I would be able to point him in the right direction. We must also remember that every Albion fan (and especially not first timers) are familiar with this board or the ticket policy.

There is still a viewpoint from non attenders that it's very hard to get a ticket for an Albion game. This is a crazy view as I think only 2 or 3 have been complete sell outs in the last 2 years and even on those (bar Liverpool) tickets were still available until T-48h.

This viewpoint is further enhanced by the club not making tickets available online.

As a regular on here and with the club, I am aware of the great efforts the club are going to to sell tickets. I also know that if I turn up at Brighton station at lunchtime on Saturday, I can buy one and go to the game. Sadly, others (especially the new in take we are so keen to embrace) will not be aware of this. And had any of these, maybe planing their first visit this weekend logged on before 9pm yesterday they would not have found tickets.

These people may come back, but the chances are they will make different plans. They will also be leaving with the thought that 'if they can sell out 4 days before Christmas against Huddersfield then I'm sure every other game will be sold out too'

It's odd. It's wrong and it needs to change

nicely thought out post..its daft and is costing the club income

Why not?
If they are both events I REALLY wanted to go to, I would do exactly the same.

In your example it would appear this board expects the club to bend over backwards to accommodate people who don't really want to go, anyway.

Sure the club seem to be using an 'odd' approach to ticket sales.

I know I'm out of step with the 21st Century by feeling I should take responsibility for my own actions, whether that be:-
- Doing 38 in a 30mph zone.
- Parking on a double yellow and getting a ticket.
- Or in this case, doing the most I would need to do to secure a ticket.

Doing the bare minimum, and then blaming someone else for my failure, isn't really my style, but as said that seems to be coming an outdated view.

I have never heard such tripe.

Firstly, there are tickets available - there will be plenty of empty seats.
If it was to sell out, then those who are organised will be there and those who are not may miss out - but your point is irrelevant as all tickets won't sell
You mention 'the board bending over backwards to accommodate people' It's not about accommodating them, it's about doing business with them, which in this case is the simply process of flogging a ticket to a seat that has not been sold. As it happens, the club are doing a good job on 'bending over backwards' to promote tickets, but simply don't allow an to be bought'

It would be akin to me spending £1000's each month advertising my website (which I do) and then only making one of each of my products available when I have 100's of each in the warehouse......

Should just add that the whole of block S1E (circa 700 seats) has just been made available, right behind the goal. Good opportunity to get right behind the goal and close to a bit of banter with Huddersfield.

I also find it curious that S1F (which as we now know was only made available at 9pm last night) is already 75% sold. It makes me think a number of seats had been flogged here earlier, which makes it even more ludicrous why it wasn't being offered.

I hear there can be an argument from S1E until the club are more certain of visitor numbers.

Anyhow - a great choice now. Just lets hope we have not lost too many who have tried in the past week.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm disheartened also, My son is on leave from the army & wanted to go to the game with me his new girlfriend & my little girl but I've had to let him down & tell him we are going to the pilot field to watch Hastings utd instead as there are no 4 seats available together. at least it will save me about £100.

This is a totally crazy situation. I feel sure if you ring the ticket office, four seats together will magically be found for you. But why oh why these seats can't be booked on-line the devil alone knows.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Should just add that the whole of block S1E (circa 700 seats) has just been made available, right behind the goal. Good opportunity to get right behind the goal and close to a bit of banter with Huddersfield.

I also find it curious that S1F (which as we now know was only made available at 9pm last night) is already 75% sold. It makes me think a number of seats had been flogged here earlier, which makes it even more ludicrous why it wasn't being offered.

I hear there can be an argument from S1E until the club are more certain of visitor numbers.

Anyhow - a great choice now. Just lets hope we have not lost too many who have tried in the past week.

echo your posts.

Whats the update on expected attendance saturday then ? be good to hit 29k

echo your posts.

Whats the update on expected attendance saturday then ? be good to hit 29k

It may well be one of the largest BHA contingent this season, but a poor away following (my guess is 650 from Hudds) will mean we will struggle to hit 29k

As it stands at the moment, you would have to subtract the following from our 31500 capacity.

800ish - SE corner (used for segreation)
700ish - Spare capacity in the two blocks that Hudds will have (including segregation in their S1D block)
650 - Currently available in S1E
180 - The shelf (I'm guessing - it may be more)
150 - Currently available in S1F
125 - Currently available in in W1H
100 - Odd seat here and there

That gives us 28800. But we know the club have some more help back - how many is anyone's guess. In the last hour all the central blocks on the WSL and WSU have become unavailable. There was very few tickets here but all blocks were available - now none.

Either way, it should be a great atmosphere. And as a CAT C game, I can't see anyone can complain about the price. If the sun shines Saturday, maybe we will get a last minute footfall taking advantage of the new ticket facilities at the station.....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It may well be one of the largest BHA contingent this season, but a poor away following (my guess is 650 from Hudds) will mean we will struggle to hit 29k

As it stands at the moment, you would have to subtract the following from our 31500 capacity.

800ish - SE corner (used for segreation)
700ish - Spare capacity in the two blocks that Hudds will have (including segregation in their S1D block)
650 - Currently available in S1E
180 - The shelf (I'm guessing - it may be more)
150 - Currently available in S1F
125 - Currently available in in W1H
100 - Odd seat here and there

That gives us 28800. But we know the club have some more help back - how many is anyone's guess. In the last hour all the central blocks on the WSL and WSU have become unavailable. There was very few tickets here but all blocks were available - now none.

Either way, it should be a great atmosphere. And as a CAT C game, I can't see anyone can complain about the price. If the sun shines Saturday, maybe we will get a last minute footfall taking advantage of the new ticket facilities at the station.....

May be wro ng but think that will be the highest of the season. Few days before xmas as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have never heard such tripe.
You're going to have to help me out here.
We both (all) agree, many times over, the ticketing system is a wrong'un.

But when you say it you're right when I say it, it's 'such tripe'.

I'm bemoaning these specific instances, questioning the people involved for not thinking:-

- I'll try again tomorrow.
- I'll ring the ticket office.

Neither of which I'd say is a tough ask for someone who really wants to go to the game.

I don't agree that the opportunity has past.
Sure the opportunity has been made more difficult, and that is absolutely insane, but again, we all agree on that.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yep, its daft. Leicester back end of last season wanted 3 together, but couldn't even get 2 together online. I rang the ticket office who also couldn't help. Was going to give up but decided to ask about the ticket exchange and if that would come into operation, ticket girl hadn't even heard of it. So she put me through to a manager to ask about that - who instantly got me three tickets together in the north stand.

How does that work?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm bemoaning these specific instances, questioning the people involved for not thinking:-

- I'll try again tomorrow.
- I'll ring the ticket office.

It's fine if you are an NSC user where it's been debated to death but many of the people that could be buying are likely to be casual "supporters" and won't know.

If I go on to a site to buy tickets (regardless of what event it is) and I hit the seating plan wanting (say) 4 seats together but none are available then I'm going to assume they are sold out and that's it. It's kind of how it works ... tickets go on sale at a time/date ... there's a rush and they sell out ... I'd naturally assume BHA to be the same

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's fine if you are an NSC user where it's been debated to death but many of the people that could be buying are likely to be casual "supporters" and won't know.

If I go on to a site to buy tickets (regardless of what event it is) and I hit the seating plan anting (say) 4 seats together but none are available then I'm going to assume they are sold out and that's it. It's kind of how it works ... tickets go on sale at a time/date ... there's a rush and they sell out ... I'd naturally assume BHA to be the same

I don't believe that is how it works, certainly not x amount of days before the event.

Tickets always become available for everything right up until the event starts.

The easiest way into Heston Wotsits restaurant, that has a 3 month waiting list and is booked out within minutes of the lines opening for the following quarter, is to ring at 11:30 the day you want to go.

Because tickets/seats always become available, a call to the ticket office (of course assuming they are saying 'try again on Wednesday') would sort that out.

Once again lets not forget the tickets for this game did go on sale IN SEPTEMBER.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't believe that is how it works, certainly not x amount of days before the event.

Tickets always become available for everything right up until the event starts.

The easiest way into Heston Wotsits restaurant, that has a 3 month waiting list and is booked out within minutes of the lines opening for the following quarter, is to ring at 11:30 the day you want to go.

Because tickets/seats always become available, a call to the ticket office (of course assuming they are saying 'try again on Wednesday') would sort that out.

Once again lets not forget the tickets for this game did go on sale IN SEPTEMBER.

Using a restaurant isn't a fair comparison ... there are pretty well always last minute cancellations that can be had. If I buy tickets to an event and can't go then I sell them to someone else, not sell them back to the event organiser

I've always assumed when an event goes on sale the tickets are all made immediately available and are sold on a first come first served basis

Yes they were on sale in September and so if I went on in October and found that there weren't 4 together I'd assume they were all sold out ... not that the club pursue some daft policy of dripping tickets out on a seemingly random basis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports