Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know I must be sounding like a right bore......with Paul Barber reply

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As much as it makes no sense showing no availability when we all know more seats will magically appear.

I still find it hard to believe a person that really wants to go, will look once then say 'oh well clearly it's sold out, I'll never look again'.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
As much as it makes no sense showing no availability when we all know more seats will magically appear.

I still find it hard to believe a person that really wants to go, will look once then say 'oh well clearly it's sold out, I'll never look again'.

Maybe not but it makes no sense at all to not have the seats available if they are.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
But 4 days out, not a single pair of tickets available online.

Only yesterday my lad got an email about various ticket promotions for Hudds.

It's crazy.

We all know dozens will be added in all stands, and 3/4's of the south will be empty, unless of course 300 are going to travel from Yorkshire.

It's the craziest way I have ever seen a business run:-

A) State you want fans to come to matches
B) Advertise offers to entice said fans
C) No tickets available.
[MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION], I enjoy reading your ticket threads and no doubt the non posting Albion fans enjoy them as well. We like to think of you as the ticket master and keep everyone updated and in the know on what is going on.

You're not boring, far from it :)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I know I must be sounding like a right bore......

I completely disagree with that. I am a part-time rugby fan but don't follow my club massively closely. If I wanted to go to a game that I knew would be quite full, went online a few days beforehand and it said sold out, I would leave it at that. In fact, I'd be so gutted that I wouldn't check again to avoid more frustration, and I'd quickly look for something else to do that day.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I completely disagree with that. I am a part-time rugby fan but don't follow my club massively closely. If I wanted to go to a game that I knew would be quite full, went online a few days beforehand and it said sold out, I would leave it at that. In fact, I'd be so gutted that I wouldn't check again to avoid more frustration, and I'd quickly look for something else to do that day.

Yes - and the problem is it's discouraging the casual fans, and the ones who could become future STHs - the very people Barber wants to attract!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
But 4 days out, not a single pair of tickets available online.

Only yesterday my lad got an email about various ticket promotions for Hudds.

It's crazy.

We all know dozens will be added in all stands, and 3/4's of the south will be empty, unless of course 300 are going to travel from Yorkshire.

It's the craziest way I have ever seen a business run:-

A) State you want fans to come to matches
B) Advertise offers to entice said fans
C) No tickets available.

Have you also e-mailed the club directly regarding this? what was their response?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

You wouldn't even check back the day before the game even after the club had repeatedly released tickets late when they received returned away allocations, returned sponsors allocations etc?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

You wouldn't even check back the day before the game even after the club had repeatedly released tickets late when they received returned away allocations, returned sponsors allocations etc?
Not every one is aware that the club release tickets the day before. I do find the way the club sell tickets very strange.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It does seem a shame, I always buy online as havn't the time to spend ages on the phone waiting for an answer. All seats should be available from the off. At the mo I'm like " sod them I'll take my custom elsewhere if they don't want my money" I wonder how many more fans they have peeed off doing it like this.

I think that some arn't available until very late due to being held back for sponsors, guests of players / officials, and for a possible larger away section if needed, etc. and therefore can't be released for sale until the club know for sure that they arn't wanted and they have been returned to the club.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

To be honest no. Firstly, because as a casual fan I have no idea if this usually happens or not. In fact, if it is a common thing amongst sports clubs then it is massive news to me. I spose I'm aware there's a few returns etc but if I think it's sold out, what chance do I have of getting those? Also, as I said, I'd find something else to do rather than take my chance. Attending a game at a days notice ain't ideal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be honest no. Firstly, because as a casual fan I have no idea if this usually happens or not. In fact, if it is a common thing amongst sports clubs then it is massive news to me. I spose I'm aware there's a few returns etc but if I think it's sold out, what chance do I have of getting those? Also, as I said, I'd find something else to do rather than take my chance. Attending a game at a days notice ain't ideal.

I believe it's common in a lot of industries, concerts/wrestling events/etc release late tickets when they know how their stage set up will work in the venue. It's not just a football thing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not a chance. "Sold out" football matches do not normally suddenly become unsold out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was in the middle of a long email to Paul Barber about this, complete with pictorial evidence and a whole load of tickets have just become available...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think that some arn't available until very late due to being held back for sponsors, guests of players / officials, and for a possible larger away section if needed, etc. and therefore can't be released for sale until the club know for sure that they arn't wanted and they have been returned to the club.

That is the line they roll out each time, but history must tell them that there have NEVER been that many sponsors who've taken that allocation, NEVER been that many guests/officials who have taken those seats, NEVER been more demand for the away support over what we have offered them. They should get a grip and deal with this ridiculous situation. Put the seats on sale, it's ridiculous seeing row upon row of empty seats every week.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was in the middle of a long email to Paul Barber about this, complete with pictorial evidence and a whole load of tickets have just become available...

Well what do you know, at last, common sense prevailing perhaps?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Sorry, but that's, IMO a load of rubbish.

If I look on a website for a concert, theatre etc, and it says it's sold out I certainly won't try looking again for the same event.

PB gets most things right, but the ticketing policy is seriously crap.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes - and the problem is it's discouraging the casual fans, and the ones who could become future STHs - the very people Barber wants to attract!

... and those that might have to travel a distance and make plans.

It's nothing to do with late returns, unwanted sponsors etc but who knows why?

A group of 4/5 wanting to get tickets together, can't and so abandon the idea. Then the day before they all magically appear when it's too late or too late to organise

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've known occasions in the past where people have been able to get a group of tickets together online yet are able to do so via the ticket office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here