Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I hope Palace finish above Chelsea.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As have stated many times, beyond the pantomime we have more in common with Palace in this skewed league than we’d like to think. Again, beyond the pantomime of the rivalry, I have nothing but respect for fans of Palace who must grow up around Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea plastics but never waiver in supporting their local side. They’re a St Johnstone to our Kilmarnock.
Agreed. Pantomime and rivalry completely makes that irrelevant to me - it’s what football and rivalry is about. Love Brighton, hate Palace.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Yes mate - I blame being tired - I did edit it after 🤣
I just thought I would hate it if I had made such a faux pas and no one told me. It would be out there on the Internet, a slur against my name and good character forever.

Now it has been corrected I can relax and think about something else instead. Isnt there a cup game soon?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why the hate for Chelsea it’s six points in the bag 🤣
Potter made a fool of himself, Bruno didn’t cover himself in glory and I couldn’t care less about the rest that left with Harry.

Chelsea did us a huge favour Potter wouldn’t have pushed this team as hard as RDZ has he would have been content with the mid table easy life. Any talk of Europe would of resulted in a history lesson :tosser:

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Agreed. Pantomime and rivalry completely makes that irrelevant to me - it’s what football and rivalry is about. Love Brighton, hate Palace.
I hope you would only hate me when our teams play each other, but after we could have a pint together.

One of the things that had a lot of fans wondering about Viera was the loss to Chelsea….they were shocking but somehow Palace were worse, we could and should be level on points with them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I hope you would only hate me when our teams play each other, but after we could have a pint together.

One of the things that had a lot of fans wondering about Viera was the loss to Chelsea….they were shocking but somehow Palace were worse, we could and should be level on points with them.
Of course - loads of palace mates - they’re often a bit grimey but they’re still mates 😜

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Palace finishing above Chelsea?

In a quiet moment I might be able to privately admit to myself I wanted it, but I could never publicly broadcast such an impure impulse.

It's a bit like publicly pronouncing that i'd like to eat cat ****, when all I mean is that it might be a less bad option than eating dog ****

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Yep. Have lived the rivalry with Palace for nearly 50 years. Have it in my DNA. But, my loathing for Chelsea is currently uncontainable. That is a club built on the most corrupt (modern) foundations. Bates, Abramovich & Boehly. A prile of utter ****s.

I can't claim 50 years of Palace hatred but other than that I know what you mean. I forced myself to stay awake last night just to savour Chelsea losing 2-0 at home to Real Madrid. I devour all broadsheet coverage of Chelsea's travails and mismanagement with glee. These days, it's not enough that Brighton win. Chelsea have to lose. Which is why there were so many bottles in my recycling bin this weekend.

So yes, let's see Palace finish above them.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I can't claim 50 years of Palace hatred but other than that I know what you mean. I forced myself to stay awake last night just to savour Chelsea losing 2-0 at home to Real Madrid. I devour all broadsheet coverage of Chelsea's travails and mismanagement with glee. These days, it's not enough that Brighton win. Chelsea have to lose. Which is why there were so many bottles in my recycling bin this weekend.

So yes, let's see Palace finish above them.
What are you doing with the tops?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
now that Potter has gone and we've bagged 6 points off them, i'm over it. couldn't care less where they finish. certainly want Palace to be as low as possible.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As have stated many times, beyond the pantomime we have more in common with Palace in this skewed league than we’d like to think. Again, beyond the pantomime of the rivalry, I have nothing but respect for fans of Palace who must grow up around Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea plastics but never waiver in supporting their local side. They’re a St Johnstone to our Kilmarnock.
Rubbish their gates drop by at least 50% In the championship. Groupon anyone?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Only if Palace are 19th and above Chelsea.
I would also accept finishing 18th above Chelsea in 19th and Leeds in 20th

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Rubbish their gates drop by at least 50% In the championship. Groupon anyone?
Do you have any idea how many free promotions and comp tickets BHA utilise to fill the Amex in the Premier League for less attractive fixtures (that's the Premier League, not the Championship)? Or how many non BHA fans are Amex season ticket holders? Selhurst Park almost never starts emptying out from 75 minutes on the scale it does at the Amex, regardless of the scoreline. I very much buy into the rivalry, but you just look silly attacking their support, one thing we're in no position to do, in the Premier League, the Championship or lower leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here