Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I hope Palace finish above Chelsea.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Not a chance I would ever wish this. Hope the relegation they briefly threatened this season comes to fruition next.

Would be even better under TCP.

Don’t know about briefly threatened Palace haven’t been lower that 12th since well before Xmas and are nearly safe with 7 games to go. A bit of wishful thinking there 😁

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Don’t know about briefly threatened Palace haven’t been lower that 12th since well before Xmas and are nearly safe with 7 games to go. A bit of wishful thinking there 😁
Yeah but we enjoyed the dream whilst it lasted.

The question I have is: do you think Viera would have achieved he same wins against the lesser teams that you have just played?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It’s a sad day when I see BHA fans trying to dismiss the Palace rivalry, clubs need rivals the fixture regardless of form is the one we should all be looking forward to.
I’m not sure if some are trying to create a fake tinpot rivalry with Chelsea if so it’s all very Reading :facepalm:
Very much this. Our fans becoming softer if that is possible. Totally pathetic

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Nah- beat them, play better than them, finish higher than them. I don’t want Palace to ever actually FAIL as I think as football without rivalry is dull and boring. I want to remain at a competitive level and keep winning against them!

What I really cant stand though is the narrative from some corners dismissing the Brighton-Palace rivalry because Brighton and Croydon are geographically far apart. It just speaks of those who think that their clubs or fans have a ‘better’ rivalry than others, which is honestly pathetic.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't think anyone's trying to manufacture a "rivalry" with Chelsea. They don't give us a second thought, I'm sure.

This is more a simple, visceral dislike of a club that has been using dodgy money for a couple of decades to buy a level of success that its supporters now feel entitled to. A club whose fans were crowned "top of the racism league" by the NF's Bulldog magazine not so many years ago. A club whose new owner ransacked BHA for its top personnel and has thrown gazillions into a vanity project that he hopes will buy more trophies and hoover up yet more world talent.

I enjoyed our two wins against Chelsea this season even more than I've enjoyed recent wins against Palace. Sorry.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
What I really cant stand though is the narrative from some corners dismissing the Brighton-Palace rivalry because Brighton and Croydon are geographically far apart. It just speaks of those who think that their clubs or fans have a ‘better’ rivalry than others, which is honestly pathetic.
i often find this strange when its mentioned, there is 38 miles betwen the amex and selhurst and 32 betweem Anfield and Old Trafford, no one says that Liverpool and Manchester isnt a rivalry as its to far apart,

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Very much this. Our fans becoming softer if that is possible. Totally pathetic
Yeah!
Pathetic!
MaKe THe AlBioN GreAt aGaiN.
Whoop!

Palace? It's just a football rivalry. Bit of fun.

But Chelsea?
Chelsea are the poster-team for the shittiest style of uber-capitalist ownership of OUR game.

Chelsea decided to flex their financial.muscle at our expense and didn't give a second thought to tbe consequences for us.

John Terry is a Chelsea 'legend'

Chelsea can f*ck off.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yeah!
Pathetic!
MaKe THe AlBioN GreAt aGaiN.
Whoop!

Palace? It's just a football rivalry. Bit of fun.

But Chelsea?
Chelsea are the poster-team for the shittiest style of uber-capitalist ownership of OUR game.

Chelsea decided to flex their financial.muscle at our expense and didn't give a second thought to tbe consequences for us.

John Terry is a Chelsea 'legend'

Chelsea can f*ck off.
As it turns out they got the shit end of the deal. They paid £20m for a manager who hasn’t won anything significant in football unless you count a few promotions in the Swedish pub league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here