Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i have utmost respect for train drivers as well as pilots

overlord

Apr 3, 2007
pilots have on board equipment to land in fog , train drivers have only there knowledge of the route and there wits and instinct to find stations , red signals etc etc, hats off to them .:falmer:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How hard can it be? - the rails will take them the right way anyway.

"I wonder which way it is to the station? Oh here it is - next to the tracks"

:jester:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Instinct to find red signals? I reckon i'd be a great train driver then because I stop at red lights all the time in my car. It's called looking with your eyes. Heck, I don't even get paid to stop at red lights. It probably costs me money in extra fuel to slow down and accelerate again.
Thinking about it, red lights are stupid, next time I see traffic lights i'm just going to plough down the elderly lady crossing the road :jester:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
How hard can it be? - the rails will take them the right way anyway.

"I wonder which way it is to the station? Oh here it is - next to the tracks"

:jester:

As most Victoria station users will know, there is a small time delay before the doors open when the train gets in.

Occasionally, we have a guard (are they still called that?), who announces over the intercom, that this is "Due to the satelite navigation system"

This MUST be a newbies wind-up surely ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As most Victoria station users will know, there is a small time delay before the doors open when the train gets in.

Occasionally, we have a guard (are they still called that?), who announces over the intercom, that this is "Due to the satelite navigation system"

This MUST be a newbies wind-up surely ?

Nope, as far as i know its to do with no GPS in vic station down by the trains, like you get no mobile signal, cos of the roof. And i think theres a safety thing to make sure the doors only open at stations, unless overridden

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nope, as far as i know its to do with no GPS in vic station down by the trains, like you get no mobile signal, cos of the roof. And i think theres a safety thing to make sure the doors only open at stations, unless overridden

The announcer at Embankment tube makes me laugh. Angry? He's livid at times. Unlike the stupor-inducing one at Victoria.

The dullest voice imaginable saying "Sm-oking is not all-owed anywhere on the con-course" repeatedly. *snore*

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I'm an accountant (well final year of Uni anyway) and i'm not geeky looking. Can't write any more, have to dash, I need to clean my face with Clearasil pads and then squeeze these annoying spots on my forehead. Need to find my glasses first though :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here