Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I have has enough of Savage and Sutton

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
They are shocking. 606 has gone downhill since they took over. I preferred it when they had a professional footie journalist/commentator hosting and a sidekick like one of them. It made the debate more interesting and gave it more depth. They just serve up surface level banality.
Is there any even vaguely mainstream radio or television programme that discusses football in a way that couldn't be described as asinine banality?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
To pick just one of their writers, Jonathan Wilson has the most tactical and historical knowledge about football, which is widely recognised.
I don't doubt his knowledge of football history, but I don't rate him as a reporter on a game.
Not least because he's been infected with Ronay-itis and feels the need to try and be funny when he just isn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They are shocking. 606 has gone downhill since they took over. I preferred it when they had a professional footie journalist/commentator hosting and a sidekick like one of them. It made the debate more interesting and gave it more depth. They just serve up surface level banality.
To be fair to Sutton..... it has been better tonight. Sutton is essentially playing the journo part. Goldy Looking twat has kept his gob largely shut.

Let's hope they got a telling off after last time.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Listened to most of tonight... is it really that bad? Nowhere near as irritating as Talkshyte and most of their shows bar one or two. Choosing not to listen to Talksport makes it easier not to get annoyed by it though 🤷‍♂️

As others have said though, podcasts are definitely the way forward - Guardian and Football Ramble my football go-tos, and football daily in the morning if there's been football the evening before.

Anyway, amazes me what some folk get irate about

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Listened to most of tonight... is it really that bad? Nowhere near as irritating as Talkshyte and most of their shows bar one or two. Choosing not to listen to Talksport makes it easier not to get annoyed by it though 🤷‍♂️

As others have said though, podcasts are definitely the way forward - Guardian and Football Ramble my football go-tos, and football daily in the morning if there's been football the evening before.

Anyway, amazes me what some folk get irate about
Indeed. If you've got a problem with it, don't listen to it. I haven't heard a second of TalkSport, and will do my best to keep it that way. It's a little bit about our fans getting irate because this fan of club x said something that's a pile of bolleaux. Who cares? Why bother?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. If you've got a problem with it, don't listen to it. I haven't heard a second of TalkSport, and will do my best to keep it that way. It's a little bit about our fans getting irate because this fan of club x said something that's a pile of bolleaux. Who cares? Why bother?
It was OK tonight. I suspect Savage has has his testiculo spremuto.

WestYorkshireSeagull

Dec 28, 2021
Currently tuned into the Monday Night Club tonight... I wholeheartedly recommend listening back on BBC Sounds to the first hour. Tom Lockyer is on the panel for tonight's episode.

7.15pm onwards, Tom Lockyer gives a VERY interesting interview on his difficult year. What a great guy he seems to be? Fantastic speaker too considering he is not used to the world of long-format radio broadcasting (I'm assuming anyway?)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Currently tuned into the Monday Night Club tonight... I wholeheartedly recommend listening back on BBC Sounds to the first hour. Tom Lockyer is on the panel for tonight's episode.

7.15pm onwards, Tom Lockyer gives a VERY interesting interview on his difficult year. What a great guy he seems to be? Fantastic speaker too considering he is not used to the world of long-format radio broadcasting (I'm assuming anyway?)
Agree with this. So life-affirming. Top man.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I like Sutton.
Savage however, is barely sentient

Barely? That's being complimentary. The unfortunate trend in media (and TV generally) nowadays is to either generate conflicts and arguments or sob stories in order to get audience participation.

I have no idea if this is media led or media are responding to the general decline of society. Either way, Savage is a dick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here