Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have a feeling something is going to happen.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's incredibly unfair when considering the fact we're bemoaning Tony not spending enough of HIS OWN MONEY.
But he knew what he was getting into.
He sets the standards.
He's paid for the very best x,y & z.
He's even, uncharacteristically, promised automatic promotion.

All that comes at a price, and for whatever reason, he refuses to go all in on the one asset that could make it all happen.

How do you know he hasn't? Sometimes deals just don't happen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Naylor isn't often wrong when he declares "that's all folks". Some weird sniffing around for clues on posts on the website or the wording is really grasping at straws.

We're done. It's fine.

Edit my previous post; memo to self: read the effing correspondence properly before gobbing off :wozza::lolol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Against the odds, I've still got my fingers crossed. 10pm - 11pm is where it's at my friends.

With no loan window - this shit gets very serious soon.

This is when agents realise that if they want money to invest in an extra property or two this Autumn, they need to push through the deals and lower their margins. Similarly, owners and chairman will suddenly think 'that £3m for Dack is actually a lot of dough, let's do it'. I expect a busy night ahead with maybe Elvis and Ince moving too. Get ready ladies and gentleman and ignore AN club fed tweets that are aimed at making agents approach the Albion, not the other way round.

The tables are a-turning!
Go to bed fella. It's all done and dusted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jack Wilshite off to Bournmouth. He's a good player (or will be when he quits the ciggies, and whatever other disgusting and foolish habits he's acquired) AND he's not going to the Nigels. Result. Apols if posted earlier; just got home from work etc etc.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was always a dodgy sign that we were going into the last day still needing the last striker.

Norwich really torpedoed us this transfer window.

Oh well, let's start the January striker search tomorrow and hope Elvis amazes us in the meantime.

I don't get why various posters keep mentioning Norwich in the same breath as needing a striker - Pritchard is a (injured) midfielder not a striker

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How do you know he hasn't? Sometimes deals just don't happen.
I'm sure TB has tried to make loads of deals, and that's the problem.

The club has been fantastic about 'moneyballing' the entire squad, but it's clear that kind of deal is hen's teeth rare.

Ulloa, showing it is possible, is probably going to cost Tony a fortune, in the long run.

While he's looking for a deal that ticks all the boxes the value of strikers keeps shooting upwards and Tony is increasingly left behind.
Just waiting for one of the multitude of kidz to come good and pay for everything isn't going to work.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pleased. We've got a great new left back, kept knocky and Stephens and will probably end up getting a moderately good young loan striker in the loan window. I think we are competitive for the top six and that will do me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Pleased. We've got a great new left back, kept knocky and Stephens and will probably end up getting a moderately good young loan striker in the loan window. I think we are competitive for the top six and that will do me.

Who's going to tell him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here