Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have a feeling something is going to happen.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not expecting us to sign anyone.

West Ham stole our main target and a pacey striker would cost a fortune which we're not going to spend

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months what's the difference?

The club (Tony) refuses to pay for a quality striker then wonders why it always falls short.

TBH looking at the AMEX era strikers, it's a wonder we're still as high up as the Championship.

Its a common thread of thought,... a bit unfair in some ways, but despite a lot of reflection about us being up there in last years scoring stakes,... when looking at other promoted clubs, they all have more overall firepower up top,... remember, defence starts with your forwards too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly, as if the IT bod has been given the final position by a senior club official 5 hours in advance.....

Won't be an IT bod, it'll be a comms person.........

'can you draft up that end of window announcement ready for posting at 23:00 please ?'

'There, done it'

'What do you mean 'done it' ?'

'Posted it'

'Gaaaaaah.........!'

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Naylor isn't often wrong when he declares "that's all folks". Some weird sniffing around for clues on posts on the website or the wording is really grasping at straws.

We're done. It's fine.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed. But then why say to date?

As above, no idea. Have they updated an earlier post and simply forgotten to change it perhaps ? Given they've almost certainly posted this by mistake a bit early (and several other club comms have had something wrong with them it wouldn't be a surprise).

Either that, or it's a very clever red herring.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its a common thread of thought,... a bit unfair in some ways, but despite a lot of reflection about us being up there in last years scoring stakes,... when looking at other promoted clubs, they all have more overall firepower up top,... remember, defence starts with your forwards too.

It's incredibly unfair when considering the fact we're bemoaning Tony not spending enough of HIS OWN MONEY.
But he knew what he was getting into.
He sets the standards.
He's paid for the very best x,y & z.
He's even, uncharacteristically, promised automatic promotion.

All that comes at a price, and for whatever reason, he refuses to go all in on the one asset that could make it all happen.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
BREAKING NEWS

Moussa Sissoko en route to Merseyside to undergo a medical after Everton agreed a club-record £30m fee with Newcastle for the France midfielder, Sky sources understand.

Noocassel come back in with a 20 million bid for Knocky?

No.....

TNBA

TTF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Club website has the 'transfer window summary' on it, timed at 23:00, suggesting business is over (and someone pressed the button too early - maybe they all wanted to go home).

It says 'to date' which means it is not over . . . . . . .

And don't expect anything to leak from this club. We have a tight lipped supremo (chairman) who makes Ron Knee (tight lipped supremo of Neasden, legendary side from the North Circular Relegation League) look like Ena Sharples, loose-lipped gossip queen of the Rovers return.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Against the odds, I've still got my fingers crossed. 10pm - 11pm is where it's at my friends.

With no loan window - this shit gets very serious soon.

This is when agents realise that if they want money to invest in an extra property or two this Autumn, they need to push through the deals and lower their margins. Similarly, owners and chairman will suddenly think 'that £3m for Dack is actually a lot of dough, let's do it'. I expect a busy night ahead with maybe Elvis and Ince moving too. Get ready ladies and gentleman and ignore AN club fed tweets that are aimed at making agents approach the Albion, not the other way round.

The tables are a-turning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here