Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] I felt powerless - So I started filming’: one-man battle with dangerous drivers.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The standard of driving has deteriorated in the last year, today I lost count of the number of cars I overtake on the inside lane on the A23, one even then after overtaking me decided to brake test me, I'm in a 40t articulate, passed video of incident to police, also I was turning left at lights indicating and audible vehicle turning left warning going off but still a cyclist decided to try and pass me on the inside.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As most will only be buying 2 or 3 miles at a time I doubt I'll make much difference. :jester:

[tweet]1483350158314254336[/tweet]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Has anyone actually watched the Lampard video?

That still picture is taken when he's stationary in a queue of traffic, at no point is he driving with no hands on the wheel.

Yeah I watched the video, you might be right though. Maybe what I thought was motion of his car was the motion of the camera and bike.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Isn't it "in control of a vehicle"? How can he be "in control" with both hands doing other things?

After all, you can be done for drink driving if you are sat in the car drunk with the keys in the ignition even if the ignition is not switched on I thought.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The levels of denial surrounding driving is (not) unbelievable.

All academic as he is in a running vehicle.

Can you picture the lights turning green.
Frank turns his phone off.
Puts it safely away in the glove box.
Places his coffee in the cup holder.
Turn on the ignition.
Puts his hands at 10 to 2.
Checks mirrors.
Releases handbrake.
Moves forward.

Or maybe he would have instantly edged forward, steering with his little finger and knee...

... Like everyone else.

(Writing as someone who's just driven home from work, via Sainos petrol, picking up a coffee at the same time, 'drinking and driving' for the next 2 or 3 miles)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Had an argument with an Uber driver this morning.
He wasn't indicating so I crossed the road, he then proceeded to almost hit me so I shouted at him.
He pulled over and asked "what the **** did you just say?" To which I replied "you have indicators, use them when turning you ****."
His response was "I don't need to indicate." And drove off as I continued to tell him what a wanker he was.

I also reported a bus driver for shooting a red and almost hitting me the other week. He had the nerve to tell me to **** off when I pointed at the red light. Not sure if anything happened but Brighton buses assured me he would be dealt with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thankfully they were all wearing helmets

[tweet]1483845693236297732[/tweet]

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Thankfully they were all wearing helmets

[tweet]1483845693236297732[/tweet]

1 in 200? It's more like 1 in 20.
The amount of morons I see on phones while driving is alarming, and it's usually young females or white van man. Inconsiderate tossers, the lot of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1 in 200? It's more like 1 in 20.
The amount of morons I see on phones while driving is alarming, and it's usually young females or white van man. Inconsiderate tossers, the lot of them.

Young females you say:-

[tweet]1483904266020528138[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness to him they should have been wearing helmets and lights

[tweet]1487123219739983874[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

A doctored piece from one of your favourite American sites I reckon.

Kids in this country go to Secondary School, not High School.

We drive on roads. Not highways.

We have idiots, not Mavericks.

And when did anyone in this country last tell someone to 'take a hike'???

What a strange piece of writing that is for The Mirror.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A doctored piece from one of your favourite American sites I reckon.

Kids in this country go to Secondary School, not High School.

Quite a few of my younger colleagues refer to going to 'High School'. I've always been a bit puzzled - but they assure me that this is what they called it when they were there!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Quite a few of my younger colleagues refer to going to 'High School'. I've always been a bit puzzled - but they assure me that this is what they called it when they were there!

That piece is either taken from an American article or written specifically for an internet audience, where American English is increasing the norm.

It certainly reads a bit odd for The Mirror.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Mike van Erp has reported more than 1,000 motorists to the police – including Chris Eubank and Guy Ritchie. He explains how his father being killed by a drunk driver inspires his actions

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...rs-mike-van-erp-motorists-britain-roads-safer

Witnessed a cyclist camera helmet helmet on Friday, cycling slowly alongside queuing traffic in his cycle lane, but turning his head in towards the windows in the cars, and occasionally turning his head back towards the driver of the car he had just passed, presumably attempting to catch a phone user, someone rolling a fag or having a ****. Amusingly, had to make an undignified dismount, due to twisting his front wheel whilst trying to move slowly and look behind himself, and not paying attention to where he was going. You will be pleased to hear only his ego was bruised.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Question for the cyclists, not an angry rant or anything but I'm interested to know the answer.

This morning I was driving through the Ashdown forest between Crowborough and Nutley. I ended up behind two cyclists, no bother from my perspective I was happy to wait for a safe place to pass. It was on a windy piece of road so took a while to do, at one point the rear cyclist tried to wave me past on a blind bend, I declined and continued to follow because I couldn't see around the corner (neither could he) and as it happened there was a bike coming in the other direction so would've been a squeeze had I gone for it.

I think this is bad form on his part and assume it's an inexperience cyclists panicking because I'm behind him. Would the experienced cyclists do this?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Question for the cyclists, not an angry rant or anything but I'm interested to know the answer.

This morning I was driving through the Ashdown forest between Crowborough and Nutley. I ended up behind two cyclists, no bother from my perspective I was happy to wait for a safe place to pass. It was on a windy piece of road so took a while to do, at one point the rear cyclist tried to wave me past on a blind bend, I declined and continued to follow because I couldn't see around the corner (neither could he) and as it happened there was a bike coming in the other direction so would've been a squeeze had I gone for it.

I think this is bad form on his part and assume it's an inexperience cyclists panicking because I'm behind him. Would the experienced cyclists do this?

No.

I only wave cars past when it is clearly safe to do so, as do all cyclists that I know.

This guy has clearly, for whatever reason, made a mistake. Kudos to you for ignoring him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here