Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] I felt powerless - So I started filming’: one-man battle with dangerous drivers.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And high vis. Don't forget the high vis.

If there isn't more high vis on show than at a Balfour Beatty topping out ceremony then how can a car driver be expected to see anybody? :shrug:

It's just plain common sense really.

But of course we reserve the right to make fun of them wearing all that colourful lycra.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As well as this...

There's also the argument that not wearing a helmet makes you less likely to be involved in an accident, thus reducing your chances of being hurt. Other road users show more consideration to helmet-less cyclists, and people are shown to take fewer risks when they think they are safer due to safety helmets, etc. There's also an argument that wearing a helmet increases your risk of neck injury if you are involved in an accident.

So it's not quite so clear cut.

It’s a point worth raising, but what I would say is that if you’ve ever come off a bike at 30 miles an hour wearing just Lycra, you’ll know that wearing a helmet is not the only thing you’re thinking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I suppose thus chap does not film his fellow cyclists illegality? After all, no number plates to dob in and if he asked for a name and address he'd just get a mouthful or lumped I'd guess?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Someone needs to tell mikey that two wrongs don't make a right. He could've just send the video to the OB without causing an incident but that wouldn't have allowed him to display his own smug satisfaction at being right.

Yes, she was out of order and tried to jump the queue but probably would've got away with it unnoticed if he'd just let her go.

I'm not sure how anyone can support that kind of behaviour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone needs to tell mikey that two wrongs don't make a right. He could've just send the video to the OB without causing an incident but that wouldn't have allowed him to display his own smug satisfaction at being right.

Yes, she was out of order and tried to jump the queue but probably would've got away with it unnoticed if he'd just let her go.

He 'caught' Frank Lampard on the phone and drinking a coffee while driving.

It was recently reported, despite all the evidence, no charges would be bought.

If the system worked she wouldn't have dared drive on the wrong side of the road, for fear of the consequences.

[tweet]1482970757412147200[/tweet]

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

She also could've killed someone coming round the corner. That is the point of causing a scene here and reporting the incidents. It's an incredibly selfish, stupid and dangerous manoeuvre.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
She also could've killed someone coming round the corner. That is the point of causing a scene here and reporting the incidents. It's an incredibly selfish, stupid and dangerous manoeuvre.

Obvs I have no first hand knowledge but I believe he is there because all she was doing was:-

'what everybody else does'.

It's a very notorious corner.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Be wouldn't have got away with it if she'd hit someone head on whilst driving on the wrong side of the road. He did her a favour.

Funny how your take from it doesn't even mention the fact that she's incapable of even reversing her own car a very short distance. That's a big worry too. Surely?

Edit: Just watched the last bit again. She did reverse her own car after all. I thought the other woman helped her when I first saw it. My apologies.

This does beg the question then. Why didn't she just reverse straight away? She's the one making a meal of the situation. Not Mikey.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be wouldn't have got away with it if she'd hit someone head on whilst driving on the wrong side of the road. He did her a favour.

Funny how your take from it doesn't even mention the fact that she's incapable of even reversing her own car a very short distance. That's a big worry too. Surely?

Probably would have got away with that too.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Edit: Just watched the last bit again. She did reverse her own car after all. I thought the other woman helped her when I first saw it. My apologies.

This does beg the question then. Why didn't she just reverse straight away? She's the one making a meal of the situation. Not Mikey.

She's a f**cking idiot, but that's none of his business.

I think I could tolerate it a bit more if he wasn't being such a snide. Sticking a camera in someone's face while provoking them in a passive aggressive manner is the behaviour of a coward. He's blatantly desperate for someone to chin him so he can play the martyr.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
She's a f**cking idiot, but that's none of his business.

I think I could tolerate it a bit more if he wasn't being such a snide. Sticking a camera in someone's face while provoking them in a passive aggressive manner is the behaviour of a coward. He's blatantly desperate for someone to chin him so he can play the martyr.

She's a f**king idiot behind the wheel of 2 tonnes of metal.
Metal that can max out at 140+mph.
Gets to 60 mph in a blink of an eye.
A f**king idiot with seemingly a total disregard to absolutely everybody else on the planet.

That's everyone's business.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He 'caught' Frank Lampard on the phone and drinking a coffee while driving.

It was recently reported, despite all the evidence, no charges would be bought.

If the system worked she wouldn't have dared drive on the wrong side of the road, for fear of the consequences.

[tweet]1482970757412147200[/tweet]
I got quite hooked on watching these videos the other day. The inconsistency of prosecution and consequence was staggering.

With the underfunding mentioned in the other video it is no wonder people resort to this kind of thing.

Good on the bloke for doing something.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Yes she 'probably' would have

However she could also have hit a car or bike turning left or a pedestrian not looking that way. As I understand it this corner is chosen because there are a large number of times where people haven't 'got away with it' and accidents and injuries have occurred.

If drivers such as these weren't acting like such dickheads, if the police were properly funded or if people were properly punished for these types of maneuvers then people like Mikey would 'probably' find better ways to spend their time.

I for one and glad he is doing it this way and highlighting this issue with his videos and using them to spread a necessary message about poor driving.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I got quite hooked on watching these videos the other day. The inconsistency of prosecution and consequence was staggering.

With the underfunding mentioned in the other video it is no wonder people resort to this kind of thing.

Good on the bloke for doing something.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

I still feel uneasy about them.
90% of the cyclists look like knobs which does them no favours.
'You're being filmed' is certainly no deferent, if anything it makes bad situations worse.

But that said:-

Thousands of people are killed each year, people need protecting and seemingly they've got to do it themselves.

Wrong on every level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here