Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I don't remember it being this tight down below before

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I don't see Bournemouth or Southampton with any capacity in the future to be anything more than lower to mid-table sides and I find their fans bearable.
Leicester, I don't mind their fans but see their team as a future threat
Whereas, Leeds, Everton, West Ham, would just be delightful to see relegated just because they are such big clubs with entitled fans.
But obviously it goes without saying that a Palace relegation would be an absolute delight.

As for who I think will actually go down, I haven't a clue!

So for me, Palace, Leeds, Everton is my heartfelt wish.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
hmmmm............mi mi mi mi mi......hmmm....hmmmmmmmmmmm.......mmmmmmmmmm..mm

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
hmmmm............mi mi mi mi mi......hmmm....hmmmmmmmmmmm.......mmmmmmmmmm..mm
Don’t give up the day job

I am guessing this is what you were trying to hum (badly) :wink:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
What does "BBC1, 17:15 weekdays." mean? is it an in joke, or some code?, you have already been asked to explain it by the OP, but you chose to ignore it. This is a clear sign of trolling.
I’m assuming it’s the time Pointless is on? I don’t watch it but am aware of it

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My problem here is that I look at the top of the Championship and I start thinking I’d like no relegation or promotion this season.

To try and be considered, though, I’d like to lose Leeds and Wolves as they don’t add anything of note (apart from entitled fans in Leeds’ case), and I don’t think Bournemouth are really cut out to be a Premier League club.

It seems that any of them could go as they’re all picking up a few points whilst not putting a run together. Leicester, West Ham and Everton probably have the managers that I’d have more faith in keeping a team up, so Southampton and Palace might get unlucky. If I’m honest, I don’t want either of those local rivals to go down, though.

It’s a proper conundrum.

Edit: it appears that Forest are the ones I care least about, as the only team I didn’t mention. I think they’ll just about stay up, too.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Don’t give up the day job

I am guessing this is what you were trying to hum (badly) :wink:

i've only just started out, that fontana chap has clearly been doing it his whole life

hmmmm hm hm hm hm hmmmmmmm,

bear with me, i may well turn out to be a natural

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Unfortunately, only one team in the last 20 years has been relegated having been six points clear of the bottom three at this point of the season. That was Sheffield United in 2006/07 and even they, although seven points above the drop after 26 games, were 16th not 12th. Only two teams needed to overtake them. Blackpool, in 2010/11 were 13th after 26 and 5 points above the drop and ended up relegated. That seems to be the worst collapse of recent times. When we nearly went in 2019 we had been only three points clear after 26 games. Yesterday I watched Jamie O'Hara on Sky Sports News dismiss Kevin Campbell's argument that Palace are in the relegation mix. He was obnoxiously aggressive, but I fear that the stats seem to be back him up. Short of an unprecendented meltdown, they'll be safe and I don't think that they're bad enough to suffer such a meltdown.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Due to a certain type of continuous behaviour on all of my threads, I have requested that Bozza blocks the poster from all of my threads.

Constant derailing, trolling, being unable to explain his actions and views. In my view I have done absolutely nothing wrong towards this poster other than start 'too many threads'.

I also made it clear that if this poster is allowed to continue on my threads I shall be leaving this forum, because every single thread gets derailed partially or fully.

Whilst other members have called out his behaviour on this thread and my previous threads, I believe we shouldn't have to go through that every time I start a thread.

If anyone else wants to continue with his behaviour on his behalf, I would like to ask you to message me and atleast give me an explanation as to why you are doing it.

I'm not on this forum to be hounded, trolled or accused of having forum objectives, like I explained before I'm here to promote active debate in a positive way.

If that can't be done in an grown up manner then I see no room for myself on this forum anymore.

Anyways enough about me. Have a great day all.
Good for you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Keep up the good work @TomandJerry. Could you make the next thread a bit more inane please? Perhaps one asking what your favourite humming sound is.
Shirley two of us having the same MO might validate the other posters opinion of thread starters.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pretty much all season I've thought

Southampton
Bournemouth

and one other. Today I'll say Leeds.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Its nice to not really be involved in the mix for once. I’m looking forward to every week and us getting closer to another EPL season guaranteed.

Leeds, Bournemouth and Southampton out please. Dirty because they’re the most entitled prats in the division (which is saying something), Muff because their football is crap and Stains have offered nothing for seasons on end, they just muddle by as an also ran.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Unfortunately, only one team in the last 20 years has been relegated having been six points clear of the bottom three at this point of the season. That was Sheffield United in 2006/07 and even they, although seven points above the drop after 26 games, were 16th not 12th. Only two teams needed to overtake them. Blackpool, in 2010/11 were 13th after 26 and 5 points above the drop and ended up relegated. That seems to be the worst collapse of recent times. When we nearly went in 2019 we had been only three points clear after 26 games. Yesterday I watched Jamie O'Hara on Sky Sports News dismiss Kevin Campbell's argument that Palace are in the relegation mix. He was obnoxiously aggressive, but I fear that the stats seem to be back him up. Short of an unprecendented meltdown, they'll be safe and I don't think that they're bad enough to suffer such a meltdown.
Were you being forced to, at gunpoint? I hope they didn't hurt you – no-one needs that, on top of watching O'Hara :eek:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Yeah, the return of Burnley, Sheff U and hopefully not 'boro is a pretty grim thought.

Looking at that list in the championship there aren't many sides I’d like to come up…the idea of Millwall in the EPL for a season is amusing enough and is at least an easy away day for us.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
4 games left to go and still 4 teams right in the mix of things

Screenshot_20230508-084240.png

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I'd say Southampton are down now barring a miracle.

Leeds have it tough: Newcastle (h) West Ham (a) and Tottenham (h). The two home games could be crucial for them, West Ham are safe now so could potentially be something for them.

Leicester have it also quite tough with Fulham (a), Liverpool (h), Newcastle (a), West Ham (h). Fulham are a bit out of form at the moment and Liverpool and Newcastle will be tough. Leicester also really can't afford to go down.

Forest: Southampton (h), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h), Crystal Palace (a). You'd think they'll beat Southampton tonight and perhaps gets something against Chelsea and Palace. Arsenal may have imploded by then depending on other results.

Everton have a mix with us tonight(a), Manchester City (h), Wolves (a), Bournemouth (h). If they can get something against us tonight and a win against either Wolves or Bournemouth and they should be safe.

Personally I think Everton and Leeds are down. Forest seem to pick up points when absolutely desperate and having Southampton tonight is pivotal for them if they can win.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd say Southampton are down now barring a miracle.

Leeds have it tough: Newcastle (h) West Ham (a) and Tottenham (h). The two home games could be crucial for them, West Ham are safe now so could potentially be something for them.

Leicester have it also quite tough with Fulham (a), Liverpool (h), Newcastle (a), West Ham (h). Fulham are a bit out of form at the moment and Liverpool and Newcastle will be tough. Leicester also really can't afford to go down.

Forest: Southampton (h), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h), Crystal Palace (a). You'd think they'll beat Southampton tonight and perhaps gets something against Chelsea and Palace. Arsenal may have imploded by then depending on other results.

Everton have a mix with us tonight(a), Manchester City (h), Wolves (a), Bournemouth (h). If they can get something against us tonight and a win against either Wolves or Bournemouth and they should be safe.

Personally I think Everton and Leeds are down. Forest seem to pick up points when absolutely desperate and having Southampton tonight is pivotal for them if they can win.
I hope you are right. But so many tough fixtures in there. I think 34 points will be enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here