Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't care, I'm happy to say it...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The last of the Wilkins Sussex team.

Jimmy Grimble

I think it's sadder than when Gary Hart became surplus to requirements.

Most definitely. Hart effectively went out on a high note after helping to keep us up under Slade. Pretty much everyone knew that was his last hurrah. After that season he was always expected to slowly start taking a backseat. Adam on the other-hand won't get anywhere near the same sign-off, which is unfortunate for him because he deserves more, however, the circumstances just won't allow it.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
...I bloody love Adam El-Abd.

He's one of us. A Sussex boy who has pulled on the sacred stripes 300 times. And you know every time he's done so, he's gone out and given it the proverbial 110%, and more besides.

The most gifted of footballers? Of course not, but he's a determined battler with a massive heart.

The Albion will be a slightly sadder place, for me, if he's not part of it any more.

Well said mate !!!! here here good luck Adam you will be sadly missed at the Albion lad.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He loves Brighton, and we love him. He can look back with no regrets & nothing but pride on his Albion career.
It will seem very strange when the time comes to play against him, knowing exactly what he'll be up to against us!
Met him on a couple of occasions & he comes across as a top man who loves the game & appreciates his good fotune to be in his occupation.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Absolutely no questions regarding commitment, every game, every minute.

But I do feel he was a little out of his depth at the top end of the championship and since this is where we now are, and only looking upwards, I think it is the right thing to do.

I have no doubt that he can / will be a regular star in L1 and L2

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Loved his whole-hearted attitude.

Yeah, it might have frightened a few (quite funny that it did, actually) that he looked like he was going to give away penalties, but it was never that many, and bloody good fun to watch the opposition player being roughed-up. Also his theatricals could be a little swan-like, but I don't care.

He was (no, sod it - 'is') one of us. Never cheated the shirt, never shirked, always in the middle of it. Even wanted to give the ref some lip after the Bournemouth game before Captain Calderon told him to sling his hook.

As for that left-footed 25-yard beauty against Leyton Orient...

Yeah, he was great http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?102791-Adam-El-Abd-is-a-DISGRACE-to-the-shirt-Merged

:tosser:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't like this at all. Will be very hard to replace. As solid and dependable cover at cetre back as you will ever get. In fact, I felt it was very harsh on him, with Greer coming straight back in...If we have a prem quality centre half lined up to come in, then fair enough. If not this makes no sense at all. Unless Adam himself wants to go, although I find that doubtful, after signing a new contract in the summer...Something about this just doesn't make sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here